PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Paul in Missouri: You might smoke the wrong stuff!

Knightskye
06-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Around the 29:50 mark:
http://tinyurl.com/3glthe

Hahahaha. "You might do something silly or dumb, and you might not do something wise. You might not eat the right food, and you might smoke the wrong stuff."

What's the right stuff, Dr. Paul? :D

speciallyblend
06-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Cookies:)

kombayn
06-02-2008, 04:02 PM
When was the last time you think Ron Paul smoked a joint? I know he's done it, he always looks like he has a stoner-grin (especially when he was on Bill Maher) or maybe, he's actually just that happy... Wait a minute, that's it. Bless Ron Paul and his motivational speeches.

RideTheDirt
06-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Mexican weed?

Danke
06-02-2008, 04:15 PM
When was the last time you think Ron Paul smoked a joint? I know he's done it, he always looks like he has a stoner-grin...

He has stated many times that he hasn't.

kombayn
06-02-2008, 04:18 PM
^Thanks partner, it was sarcasm if you finished reading the whole sentence I wrote. It was for shits and giggles, which reminds me... I have to change my boxers.

RideTheDirt
06-02-2008, 04:19 PM
He also has stated that he doesn't care if someone does.As a doctor, he must know the medical benefits of Marijuana, so If MJ is the the "right stuff" then Tabacco, crack, heroine, meth ect must be the wrong stuff right?

Danke
06-02-2008, 04:20 PM
^Thanks partner, it was sarcasm if you finished reading the whole sentence I wrote. It was for shits and giggles, which reminds me... I have to change my boxers.

I figured it was. Just letting everyone know what he has stated. You have a problem with that?

Danke
06-02-2008, 04:23 PM
He also has stated that he doesn't care if someone does.As a doctor, he must know the medical benefits of Marijuana, so If MJ is the the "right stuff" then Tabacco, crack, heroine, meth ect must be the wrong stuff right?

I guess you are just being a comedian as our humorous kombayn? Well, HAHAHA!

As you would hopefully know, he believes it is an individual choice, not a medical choice.

RideTheDirt
06-02-2008, 04:28 PM
So you believe, that marijuana, has no medical purposes?

http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3376
do some reading, please.

humanic
06-02-2008, 04:36 PM
What's the right stuff, Dr. Paul? :D

RON PAUL: "I would absolutely never use the federal government to enforce a law against anybody using marijuana."

*APPLAUSE*

RON PAUL: "There's a couple reasons for that. We talk about medical marijuana... and as a physician it's controversial in conventional medicine... I happen to believe that it's very, very helpful, and I'll mention that there's a few testimonials for that..."

Full video: Rep. Ron Paul meets a medical marijuana patient--Nov. 9 2007 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHS_y94H1Dk)

See also: American Drug War: The Last White Hope (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8368008313797284597) (Ron Paul appears in this documentary)
Watch trailer the here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T-UULBj_XQ).

Danke
06-02-2008, 04:48 PM
So you believe, that marijuana, has no medical purposes?

http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3376
do some reading, please.

Great, put words in my mouth. Every time I have heard RP talk about currently illegal drugs, it was in the framework of an individual's right. Not the medical issues. But I would have no doubt he would agree with possible medical uses for currently illegal drugs. I'd even wager you could Google it and find out what he has said about it. Or even go to his website, I'd bet you could "do some reading, please."

Report back, we are dying to know.

dannno
06-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Great, put words in my mouth. Every time I have heard RP talk about currently illegal drugs, it was in the framework of an individual's right. Not the medical issues. But I would have no doubt he would agree with possible medical uses for currently illegal drugs. I'd even wager you could Google it and find out what he has said about it. Or even go to his website, I'd bet you could "do some reading, please."

Report back, we are dying to know.

Ahh man, just read the post right before yours, also see his "Health Freedom" section on his website.

Danke
06-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Ahh man, just read the post right before yours, also see his "Health Freedom" section on his website.

Which is why I said I have no doubt. Reread my post. But that wasn't the topic of what I originally posted nor what was an appropriate response to my prior post.

RideTheDirt
06-02-2008, 04:58 PM
+1

Danke
06-02-2008, 05:03 PM
+1

Are you guys this dense?

Read what I posted (and the dumb ass responses) without the blinders on.

I said "no doubt."

Then sarcastically said "report back, we are dying to know." Anyone who supports RP and has half a brain knows that is sarcasm. Well, my bad, apparently not.

RideTheDirt
06-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Which is why I said I have no doubt. Reread my post. But that wasn't the topic of what I originally posted nor what was an appropriate response to my prior post.

When did anyone Disagree?We were on topic...which is Paul's stance on something that is "the right thing to smoke", which obviously means Marijuana right?Even if Ron doesn't smoke it he obviously knows it's benefits and promotes personal choice.Maybe he would use it if it were not a crime?That obviously affects his decision right?Maybe he would rather use something that has been proven to prevent cancers, cure pain, and many other diseases.It is also not addictive, unlike opiates! So next time you have a prescription to Vicoden, and once you have no need for it anymore, you feel the affects of withdrawal, you might think, hmm,what if Marijuana could have helped me more, with minimal consequences?.You would have to be an idiot not to see the benefits of Marijuana not to mention the hemp plant!

dannno
06-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Danke, it's just that I knew he was for Health Choice and MMJ before I knew he was for drug legalization and that is a big deal for me because I have a doctor's recommendation for cannabis.

It seemed like you didn't think that was a big part of the issue for him, but just making sure you knew it was.

BTW, does your name have anything to do with cannabis?

RideTheDirt
06-02-2008, 05:21 PM
I was thinking the same thing:p

Danke
06-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Danke, it's just that I knew he was for Health Choice and MMJ before I knew he was for drug legalization and that is a big deal for me because I have a doctor's recommendation for cannabis.

It seemed like you didn't think that was a big part of the issue for him, but just making sure you knew it was.

No, I didn't know that per se, just figure it would be knowing RP, thanks Danno.

I saw one of the earlier posts here as the type of "sarcastic" posts you find on many of the Republican blogs. I read a few of these after the recent MN Convention and it has got me pissed. Same type of sarcasm thrown RP's way.

Danke
06-02-2008, 05:27 PM

No.

It is "thanks" in German.