PDA

View Full Version : Should I whore myself out to become a delegate to the National Convention?

spotics
06-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Today I received an invitation to a GOP state senate fundraiser to be held before next week's Republican state convention. A minimum of $250 was required to enter. My first instinct was to throw it in the trash and laugh. After all this is the organization that violated its own rules to keep Ron Paul supporters from serving as district and state convention delegates in several counties throughout the state. This would be the same senate caucus that during a time of rising costs and low wages would give their office a budget increase of 13 percent and spend over $50 million on renovations to the state capitol. Even the corrupt governor had the decency to cut his office budget by 11 percent. I would also point out that the state senate president (who will hopefully one day be behind bars) gets an "F" rating from Dr. Rand Paul's taxpayer united organization.

So why have I thought about doing this? Well I am a candidate to be a delegate to the National Convention. To me this is probably the price one pays to be a national delegate. I am not convinced I can be elected from the floor. If I payed to get in and still didn't get elected, I suppose I could tell the bank to refuse to accept the check.

RideTheDirt
06-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Do you have a well organized meet up group, with enough organization to rump/replace the chair?How has the GOP treated your local Pauliticians?If you have the numbers to change rules then fuck giving them money take the seat by sheer numbers.

tomveil
06-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Take the money, get a ticket to St. Paul. Join us at the Rally. We'll have more fun, more people, and less McCain :)