PDA

View Full Version : Need tips for building up a massive Ron Paul rally

Blowback
08-24-2007, 03:43 PM
What kinds of strategies can individuals, a small group of people, or meetups utilize to ensure a successful and MASSIVE Ron Paul rally.

Word on the street is that RP is headed to Seattle on 9/14 and we want to make it a day to remember.

I am going to plan on taking off that week from work to hit the streets for Ron Paul in order to get people to come check out the rally (should a rally take place - no details yet).

Anyways, what are your suggestions?

max
08-24-2007, 03:52 PM
best suggestion is to LEAD...

My group was dead when I took over. Simply by acting and being bold, they followed my lead.

There a lots of folks who want to help, but they just wont act until they are led by example. Start with handing out flyers in crowded places or on car windshields. make signs and staple gun them to telephone polls at night.

Raise group money and make the list of expenses and deposits available to everyone.

Meet for your rallies at same place and same time each week.
here's a great tool that will fire your group up.. http://www.ronpaulpostcards.com/foundersflyer.html

make copies at Kinkos for just a few pennies each

qwerty
08-24-2007, 10:15 PM
AWESOME !!!!

:cool:

Mr. White
08-24-2007, 10:29 PM
You need something to draw people. Bands, speakers, food, other types of entertainment.

You need to advertise. If people don't know about it, they won't come.

You need financing. These things cost money.

You need a core support group. People you can count on to put in the work to ensure it happens, rain or shine, kids birthday party, broken arm, etc.

You need to be realistic. It looks a lot better if you overflow a smaller venue than if you half-fill a large one.Be honest with yourself about what you can put together. Try doing something small, like a carwash or whatever and get a feel for what it takes.

You need flexibility. When it all goes to hell, your band cancels, your speaker misses his flight, your sound system dies, you need to be able to maintain your message, and your audience.

Goodluck.

Matt Collins
08-25-2007, 12:49 AM
Remember the 80/20 rule: 80% of the work is done by 20% of the people.

Also, contact some of the larger meetup group leaders and get their advice.

Sematary
08-25-2007, 12:51 AM
Remember the 80/20 rule: 80% of the work is done by 20% of the people.

Also, contact some of the larger meetup group leaders and get their advice.

My experience tells me it's more like 90/10 or 95/5

Sematary
08-25-2007, 01:12 AM
You want some advice - here it is.
Use that amazing communication tool you have under your fingertips and start contacting people.

Lord Xar
08-25-2007, 01:18 AM
best suggestion is to LEAD...

My group was dead when I took over. Simply by acting and being bold, they followed my lead.

There a lots of folks who want to help, but they just wont act until they are led by example. Start with handing out flyers in crowded places or on car windshields. make signs and staple gun them to telephone polls at night.

Raise group money and make the list of expenses and deposits available to everyone.

Meet for your rallies at same place and same time each week.
here's a great tool that will fire your group up.. http://www.ronpaulpostcards.com/foundersflyer.html

make copies at Kinkos for just a few pennies each

Yes, I agree... You need to LEAD. What I found is that most people WANT to do what they can, but they feel that they are ineffectual or things are beyond them.... but remember, you can ACCOMPLISH anything.. Take the lead.

Think about this.. when you start a business, you should get a business plan together... same holds true on this level.

Plan it... what will you need to do?

How many people do you want to bring in?

What can you do to bring them in? Flyers, postings, ads, radio, campus etc...

How much money will you need? How can you get it? Self finance, meetup donations...

and set benchmarks...

I think you can do this .... What are the concerns in your area? Freedom? Liberty? Taxes?

You can go to businesses and promote that angle by having a "NO IRS tax rally"..for others "Freedom rally", others "Support our troops, bring them home".. etc.....

princessredtights
08-25-2007, 08:39 AM
I can tell you ... the people in the Portland area are jacked about coming! :p

My suggestions are these - and you've probably already thought of these and many more!

Once you have the time/place details in place, make sure to have someone send press releases to all the local media -

I know Seattle has a large meetup - blanket the metro area with flyers about the event ...

Contact all the groups that would like his specific messages - anti-war, Libertarian party, Republican party, Constitution party, gun shops, anti- SPP/NAU (I think there was a group protesting this past week?),