PDA

View Full Version : RON PAUL - SEATTLE - 9/14 Discussion

Blowback
08-24-2007, 03:40 PM
I have one question...

How can we make this rally the biggest and baddest of all time?

It must happen. We must show the rest of the states that when Washington brings it, we BRING IT BIG TIME!

mikenkat
08-25-2007, 10:41 AM
On the next conference call for the meetup organizers, I plan on making Seattle's visit to be the largest Ron has ever seen. In order to get mainstream media's attention we MUST have Seattle EXPLODE. If not at the fundraisers, then in the evening's rally.

Here are the suggestions I put out to the Seattle group:
-- make one sided fliers and post them on bulletin boards on university campuses and local community bulletin boards.

--submit newspaper announcements

-- make a press release, of course

--have a modified banner brigade that says something like, "Republican Presidential Candidate Ron Paul in Seattle Tomorrow, 6 PM."

--have a public "happening," and alert the media that something interesting will be going down in Pioneer Square. Have as many members as possible show up at once, and peaceably assemble with duct tape on their mouths in protest of the non-coverage of the campaign. Call the TV stations annonymously as well to tip them off.

--public happening number 2: "Peaceably assemble" around a mainstream media outlet, like a TV station with fliers, slim jims, and signs. It would also be very helpful to have many signs that have simple directions to the main rally, wherever that is going to be, such as "September 14th, Safeco Field, 6 pm, See the next President of the United States."

But- More importantly we must show in numbers.

Perhaps the Seattle residents can host members from out of town in their homes to defray the cost.

These are all ideas
Michael and Katja (Vancouver Washington)

spcmckay
08-26-2007, 04:08 AM
I have one question...

How can we make this rally the biggest and baddest of all time?

It must happen. We must show the rest of the states that when Washington brings it, we BRING IT BIG TIME!

Rush Limbaugh brought 30-40,000 people to an event in Everett around 1996. I hope we can bring more. How many people can fit in Microsoft's campus? What about Everett Civic Center or the Seattle Center?

DavyCRockett
08-29-2007, 10:38 PM
Where is the event?
What date? time?

mikenkat
09-01-2007, 12:02 AM
Seattle Washington Meetup site has more info

governmentwaste
09-02-2007, 04:08 PM
What is the plan?

Please advise .... ready to go!