PDA

View Full Version : Dino Rossi Is Not A Ron Paul Republican! Defeat Him!

tekrunner
06-01-2008, 08:31 PM
I was a delegate at the Washington state convention this last weekend. At the banquet at the end of the first day I noticed Rossi while a couple people were waiting to kiss his ass.
Anyways I asked him about the Real ID and he responded with the standard politician bullshit. He even tried to intimidate me when I tore him a new one for not answering my question, suffice it to say that was a bad move for him.
I will be placing Christine Gregoire for Governor signs in my yard now.

SLSteven
06-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Gregoire is certainly no Ron Paul Republican. We need a different choice.

tomveil
06-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Because Christine sure is doing wonders for us.

Jean
06-01-2008, 10:29 PM
I vote Dino

skyorbit
06-01-2008, 11:41 PM
Vote Libertarian/Constitution/Green if you don't like any of them.

We must work to keep our movement from being hijacked.

Tracy

tekrunner
06-01-2008, 11:50 PM
lol voting democratic cause they dont agree with you on one issue, funny.

He avoided answering the question in the first place. He also refuses to answer any questions in regards to domestic and foreign policy.

Here's another example online I found.

http://www.freerepublic.com

"Q: Your website highlights only state/domestics issues. What are your viewpoints on foreign policy, immigration, and the Iraq War?

A: I am running for governor because I want to make Washington state a better place for my children and future generations. I will be involved in federal issues that will help me accomplish the goal of making my state better. I truly appreciate the sacrifices of the men and women in our armed forces, especially those from Washington, who are serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. They are bravely fighting to protect our country and defeat terrorists."

I don't want this douschebag in my party, it will only make things more difficult for us later. I will be placing Christine Gregoire signs besides my highly trafficked yard this year.

Alawn
06-01-2008, 11:56 PM
He avoided answering the question in the first place. He also refuses to answer any questions in regards to domestic and foreign policy.

Here's another example online I found.

http://www.freerepublic.com

"Q: Your website highlights only state/domestics issues. What are your viewpoints on foreign policy, immigration, and the Iraq War?

A: I am running for governor because I want to make Washington state a better place for my children and future generations. I will be involved in federal issues that will help me accomplish the goal of making my state better. I truly appreciate the sacrifices of the men and women in our armed forces, especially those from Washington, who are serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. They are bravely fighting to protect our country and defeat terrorists."

Well he is running for governor so his beliefs on those issues are totally irrelevant. All that should matter are his beliefs on issues a governor has some ability to effect. Governors cannot do anything at all to effect those issues. Those are federal issues. That would be like asking Ron Paul what he would do if he was elected as a mayor instead of as a congressman.

Rhys
06-02-2008, 12:05 AM
we have an agenda. we're not looking for compromise. like said in the John Adamns movie, you'll compromise down the middle road of our demise, gentlemen.

the constitution is uncompromising.

tomveil
06-02-2008, 12:51 AM
Well he is running for governor so his beliefs on those issues are totally irrelevant. All that should matter are his beliefs on issues a governor has some ability to effect. Governors cannot do anything at all to effect those issues. Those are federal issues. That would be like asking Ron Paul what he would do if he was elected as a mayor instead of as a congressman.

What you said.

What does it matter what his views on Iraq are? He is running for GOVERNOR.

WRellim
06-02-2008, 02:34 AM

In general, I would agree... but with several notable exceptions regarding the current state of national affairs.

1) Governors all normally attend annual "National Governors Conferences" -- the right attitudes and policies there CAN be effective (think REALID being rejected by a majority of the STATES).

2) State Militia (now called "National Guard") -- it would sincerely be possible for State Governors to throw a "monkey wrench" or two into the current wars by substantially advocating for the return of their "National Guard" (aka State Militia) units. The intent of the guard was NEVER to be a long-term expeditionary military force, and the DOD's use of them as such is virtually decimating the units. If nothing else, Governors have a statewide "bully pulpit" in a fashion similar to (albeit smaller than) the President, and they CAN use it to affect and direct public opinion onto Congress.

3) Financial, Economic and Employment issues. Because States do not have the ability to coin money they are subject to the Fed's monetary manipulations, which gravely endangers individual State finances (the RE boom/bust WILL reek havoc with property taxes) and likewise with industries, employment (unemployment compensation is a State managed thing) and other similar economic areas. Again, the Governors via the national conferences AND their bully pulpits COULD bring significant pressure on Congress and the administration.

4) Immigration. Obviously the border states are important in this -- and the attitudes and policy positions of their Governors are significant. Additionally, as the problem has grown, significant burdens (via mandate and federal laws) are being placed on local and state law enforcement. Again Governors positions DO matter.

tekrunner
06-02-2008, 09:34 AM
we have an agenda. we're not looking for compromise. like said in the John Adamns movie, you'll compromise down the middle road of our demise, gentlemen.

the constitution is uncompromising.

My thoughts explained perfectly!

Rangeley
06-02-2008, 09:36 AM
And a vote for Christine Gregoire is one of principle?

SLSteven
06-02-2008, 11:34 AM
How is Gregoire better than Rossi? Any Ron Paul Republicans in the making?

surf
06-02-2008, 12:44 PM
i was a cab driver for a friend that was a delegate. i spent some time in the convention lobby and out front. i spoke with the Rossi yuppies and they seemed fully aware that for Dino to have a chance - we should focus on smaller gov't. "we have that in common," was the theme.

acptulsa
06-02-2008, 12:53 PM
lol voting democratic cause they dont agree with you on one issue, funny.

Ummm... REAL ID is a pretty core privacy and liberty issue, really. Certainly there are plenty of people voting against the G.O.P.--including more than a handful of Republicans--who won't vote for them for some time on the national level because of the war. There are issues and there are basic, fundamental issues--and there are positions that speak volumes.

dannno
06-02-2008, 01:17 PM
We need to weaken the neocons and get these people out of the Republican Party, vote him out. Who cares if Washington has a Republican or Democrat Governor?? He's not going to pass any federal legislation that affects the rest of us.. Plus we WANT the republican party to be weak so it will be easier to take over!

Besides, aren't we mostly concerned about the Federal Government here?

I completely agree with Ron Paul that the FEDERAL government should not be involved in the welfare state, but there is no reason why a state cannot take up this enterprise. Most likely it will fail and businesses and people will move out of the state.. But if it works then good for them!! That's why our country was designed this way.