PDA

View Full Version : How is Ron Paul's idea's anymore revolutionary then John Stossel's?

dude58677
06-01-2008, 06:05 PM
Ron Paul talks about spreading the message of freedom but John Stossel has been doing this on the air for the last 20 years and won 19 Emmy awards. What is it about Ron Paul that made people think"wow"?

There are 30 people running for US Congress under Ron Paul's platform but how come nobody ran under John Stossel's platform? Does John Stossel advocate civil disobedience like Ron Paul? Does John Stossel advocate jury nullification? I know that John Stossel never ran for office but still his message should have inspired people like the way Ron Paul has. t is a good thing that people are inspired by Ron Paul but why Ron Paul and not John Stossel?

crackyflipside
06-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Ron Paul talks about spreading the message of freedom but John Stossel has been doing this on the air for the last 20 years and won 19 Emmy awards. What is it about Ron Paul that made people think"wow"?

John Stossel is not running to be President of the United States.

Kludge
06-01-2008, 06:07 PM
He is an elected official. Stossel is a commentator, not a politician.

I've been watching Stossel for.... a LOOOOONG time.

AlexMerced
06-01-2008, 06:18 PM
Plus Ron Pauls super endless wealth of knowledge dwarfs most like minded men...

again, he isn't Ron Paul, but who is?

I need a "I'm not Ron Paul, but who is?" t-shirt.

NightOwl
06-01-2008, 06:42 PM
When has Stossel taken on the military-industrial complex? When has he spoken out against the warfare state? When has he spoken out against the Federal Reserve? He's a good guy and all, but more of a safe, policy-wonk libertarian, and less of a the-whole-thing-is-a-scam and let's-shut-the-whole-thing-down libertarian.

Kludge
06-01-2008, 06:44 PM
When has Stossel taken on the military-industrial complex? When has he spoken out against the warfare state? When has he spoken out against the Federal Reserve? He's a good guy and all, but more of a safe, policy-wonk libertarian, and less of a the-whole-thing-is-a-scam and let's-shut-the-whole-thing-down libertarian.

He's an outstanding speaker for the uninitiated and led me to research a lot with regards to free markets. I think he does more good in his current position then he could anywhere else.

aravoth
06-01-2008, 06:51 PM

There are 30 people running for US Congress under Ron Paul's platform but how come nobody ran under John Stossel's platform? Does John Stossel advocate civil disobedience like Ron Paul? Does John Stossel advocate jury nullification? I know that John Stossel never ran for office but still his message should have inspired people like the way Ron Paul has. t is a good thing that people are inspired by Ron Paul but why Ron Paul and not John Stossel?

Ron Paul has been doing it for 30 years, and thats just in congress.

Bruno
06-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Plus Ron Pauls super endless wealth of knowledge dwarfs most like minded men...

again, he isn't Ron Paul, but who is?

I need a "I'm not Ron Paul, but who is?" t-shirt.

Nice T-Shirt! :)

BKom
06-01-2008, 07:04 PM
Why not John Stossel? That's easy. Where did John Stossel's interview with Ron Paul end up? That's right. In the trash. "Internet Exclusive."

Stossel is a showman with a shtick and nothing more. He has no conviction and no balls or he would have quit over that "internet exclusive" of what would have been his highest rated show of the season.

Why not Stossel? Give me a break (must be said in super whiny voice).

Meatwasp
06-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Ron Paul has been doing it for 30 years, and thats just in congress.

The best answer.

mrchubbs
06-01-2008, 07:43 PM
The best answer.

I'm gonna create a bumper sticker:

Ron Paulians Do It For Over 30 Years.

Meatwasp
06-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Now am I suppose to laugh? Do What?

dude58677
06-01-2008, 07:57 PM
Ok, thank you for all of your answers.:) I wanted a response to someone who states that Ron Paul so I was playing the devil's advocate.

Perry
06-01-2008, 08:24 PM
People have said that Ron Paul isn't a good speaker. The truth is that he's an amazing speaker. Ron Paul has everything but the bullshit Hollywood presentation.

Chibioz
06-01-2008, 08:27 PM
I agree that Ron Paul is an amazing speaker. He comes up with such eloquent responses to complex questions at the drop of a hat. It irks me a little when people say he isn't a good speaker just because he doesn't have a barack obama voice.

pinkmandy
06-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Stossel may talk about freedom but Ron Paul has been fighting for it. The way he has fought for all of us, while sticking to principle, is what won my heart. His message is the gold standard. No one living today can touch him imho.

amy31416
06-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Ok, thank you for all of your answers.:) I wanted a response to someone who states that Ron Paul so I was playing the devil's advocate.

Honestly, it's all about the mustache.

All these answers are good, well-thought out and all, but Stossel never got the attention that Ron Paul did, simply because of his mustache.

I mean, could you take Ron Paul seriously with a mustache?

Glad I could help clear things up.

Perry
06-01-2008, 09:47 PM
I agree that Ron Paul is an amazing speaker. He comes up with such eloquent responses to complex questions at the drop of a hat. It irks me a little when people say he isn't a good speaker just because he doesn't have a barack obama voice.

The truth is an amazing thing huh?
Yes people, even us, have grown so accustomed to the visual and audio groomings of Hollywood that we tend to miss the important point of speaking. People faint when they listen to Obama and he says all the same worthless crap the other politicians do. All because he has been groomed and has a wonderful presentation.
I don't know about anyone else but when I listen to Ron Paul speak I'm like a dawg at a Browns game. I get excited! GIVE'EM A LEFT HOOK RON!:D

RSLudlum
06-01-2008, 10:10 PM
FYI...Stossel has stated before that he used to be "a government loving liberal"....

converts are welcome ;)

It would be quite interesting to get Stossel to interview both Barr and Baldwin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xz9SgW_2RI

tajitj
06-01-2008, 10:50 PM
FYI...Stossel has stated before that he used to be "a government loving liberal"....

converts are welcome ;)

It would be quite interesting to get Stossel to interview both Barr and Baldwin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xz9SgW_2RI

True he just came around recently. I read his book "Give Me A Break" It is a very good libertarian arguement, but he does admit he fought for big government liberalism for a long time. He could be an important part in the movement.

RSLudlum
06-01-2008, 10:55 PM
True he just came around recently. I read his book "Give Me A Break" It is a very good libertarian arguement, but he does admit he fought for big government liberalism for a long time. He could be an important part in the movement.

So for someone, like Stosssel, that's been touting 'government cheese' for such a long time in the public's eyes what's to say that Barr couldn't be trying to do the same thing for himself?

DISCLAIMER: I am not advocating voting for Barr, it just seems like a relevant question at the moment. ;)

StayTrue
06-01-2008, 11:07 PM
I actually recall Ron Paul saying in an interview that he would consider John Stossel as a person he could forsee in his Cabinet...

Personally, I dont know much about Stossel. Never watched any of his interviews other than the one he did with Paul(that only was available on the internet). I dont see how anyone watches the news anymore lol. But I will take Pauls word for it

I dont really get the point of this thread, if someone has the same view as us, who cares if our idea isnt more revolutionary than theirs? I dont know about you but Im not trying to fight over that.

Kludge
06-02-2008, 03:20 AM
Ooooh! I almost forgot.

Stossel did an amazing interview on Ron Paul a while ago. I don't believe it was ever aired.

John Stossel Interviews Ron Paul 2007.12.07 part 1 (http://youtube.com/watch?v=UJz81lAwY0M)

H Roark
06-02-2008, 03:52 AM
So for someone, like Stosssel, that's been touting 'government cheese' for such a long time in the public's eyes what's to say that Barr couldn't be trying to do the same thing for himself?

DISCLAIMER: I am not advocating voting for Barr, it just seems like a relevant question at the moment. ;)

I'd have to say, because Chuck Baldwin is running for President.