PDA

View Full Version : state convention

Grimnir Wotansvolk
06-01-2008, 04:17 PM
I'm planning on, possibly, heading out to Iowa's democratic convention on June 14th. And before you guys unleash the chains and arrows, the reason I'm doing this is in the hope that I could put a little pressure on Obama in regards to major issues such as the Fed, industrial hemp, the drug war, and the impeachment/prosecution of Bush administration members for war crimes. I've more or less resigned myself to the fact that, short of a miracle, this man is going to be our next president. However, there is some hope, and that lies in the massive number of supporters who have flocked to him in the hopes that he would curb totalitarianism and warmongering, thus I think that our last-resort backup plan for restoring sanity to our government lies in Obama. If nothing else, I'm going to try to stir up the hornet's nest, and I will be bringing along a camera so that I can youtube any evidence of obfuscation or false promises.

Now with that said, I really have no idea how a state convention functions. For those who are familiar with the procedure, is there any opportunity for non-delegate citizens to bring their voices to the table, either to relatively large groups of voters or even to the nominees themselves? How exactly would I go about making my voice heard? I'm willing to settle for a one-on-one with Obama himself, if that's even remotely possible, but I'd really prefer to have a crowd witnessing it.

Grimnir Wotansvolk
06-02-2008, 12:24 AM
bump

I really need some help with this, so that I can verify with my boss whether or not I need to take the 14th off ASAP.