PDA

View Full Version : Petition/letter Sign It, read It, Spread It Far, Live Now, do It Live

speciallyblend
06-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Data Info http://sidster.org/freedom/lettertogop.com.analysis.html

A Friend of mine wrote this letter and i cannot tell you how proud i am of his/her idea:)

THIS WILL BE FOR ALL VOTERS, THIS LETTER WILL BE SENT TO THE NATIONAL GOP
http://www.lettertogop.com/

our goal is 10,000 voters from all parties and more(there is no limit). IT'S LIVE NOW , THE REVOLUTION HAS JUST BEGUN STAND UP......
DAILY PAUL WOULD BE A GREAT START, SPREAD IT FAR AND WIDE,

I give it a 100% GO GO GO OK , FOLKS . I had nothing to do with this letter/site other then me signing it with my personal info(totally protected), it will be more effective this way.

I will release more info about the letter writer, ASAP OK FOLKS, THIS PERSON I'M SO PROUD OF HINT HINT, HE/SHE IS A REPUBLICAN AND SUPPORTS RON PAUL 2008

THIS WILL HAVE A MAJOR IMPACT , WE HAVE MUCH WORK TO BE DONE.....:D

DO IT LIVE

speciallyblend
06-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Do It Live/ Go Go Go

A Ron Paul Rebel
06-01-2008, 02:54 PM
#7 on the first list has this:

"right when we are are the verge"

should be:
"right when we are on the verge"

CurtisLow
06-01-2008, 03:01 PM
THIS IS NOT LIVE YET, I WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW ONCE IT IS

D'oh! ok.. At this point anything is worth a try! good idea.

speciallyblend
06-01-2008, 03:16 PM
#7 on the first list has this:

"right when we are are the verge"

should be:
"right when we are on the verge"

I will take care of that soon, thank you;) dam typos

pepperpete1
06-01-2008, 04:06 PM
I will take care of that soon, thank you;) dam typos

I feel that your letter is a wonderful attempt to get RP the nomination.

Senator McCain is now running ads, at least here in MI, to countermand his statement about not knowing that much about economics.

The core GOP members for "unity" may not remain constant due to Dr. Paul's stance on the war. There are many GOPers who actually believe that we should be in Iraq. So your telling Mike Duncan, that Ron Paul would not affect the unity GOPers is not totally true. I am sure Mr. Duncan is aware of that.

If Tom Coburn felt that Ron Paul is today's Moses, wouldn't he have said as much?
Maybe just saying that Ron Paul's message of the core Republican beliefs would bring both new and old together would work better. Is Tom Coburn so important as to include his statement and along with your assumption that Ron Paul fills the bill? ( I happen to agree with you, but will they?)

Oh, you misspelled or typoed lose (not loose).

I also still feel that on the other side of the spectrum, challenges should be made concerning EVERY precinct, county, CD, and state where the party rules and state election laws have been broken.

Every person capable of making the challenge or contestment should do so!

AJ Antimony
06-01-2008, 04:28 PM
Make these grammar changes:
"will garner 5-8% or more. This is something the Libertarians are very excited about."

"due to his close ties with President George W. Bush."

Other than that, VERY nicely written.

Drsteveparent
06-01-2008, 04:47 PM
if anyone has feedback or suggestions, feel free to post ok;) DONT BE SHY. WE ARE FIGHTING BACK

I will take a look at this later this evening.

I will also return your call and speak to you personally about this.

Keep up the great work Sir.

pepperpete1
06-01-2008, 09:42 PM
if anyone has feedback or suggestions, feel free to post ok;) DONT BE SHY. WE ARE FIGHTING BACK

Just because it should be read.

pinkmandy
06-01-2008, 09:51 PM
#8 at bottom:

He understands our economic issues...

Are you going to talk about the Keating 5 scandal? Older Repubs haven't forgotten that.

Nice letter!

Pauls' Revere
06-01-2008, 11:27 PM
First, thanks for allowing me/us the opportunity to review this. Great idea and will become only better with everyones input.

SUGGESTED CORERCTIONS TO MAKE:

Most of us feel that the presumptive Presidential Candidate, Senator John McCain, is a fine individual but can not and will not win the 2008 race for the Presidency of the United States of America for the following reasons:

perhaps most of us do not feel he is a fine individual. If he were we would vote for him and since we are not he does not represent our ideals or those of Dr Ron Pauls'. Remember Dr Paul will not endorse nor campaign for Senator McCain. Thus, this opening statement negates your purpose of the letter. The opening statement/arguement will be the most important part of this letter. It is a statement of purpose. When writing the introduction think of what we are doing, why we are doing it, and how Dr Paul is a better alternative.

2. Former GOP Representative Bob Barr has entered the race on the Libertarian ticket which will siphon votes away from Senator McCain and the GOP. (The Nader Effect) Traditionally, the Libertarian candidate gets 1% of the vote, however pundits are estimating that former GOP Representative Bob Barr will garner 5-8% or more. This is something the Libertarians are very excited about.

I like the phrase "take votes from Senator McCain" rather than "siphon votes away" it has a greater impact of finality to it. Meaning that these votes will be taken and will not come back rather than siphoned which may imply that they can be garnered back somehow.

3. Senator McCain is pro-war, while 70% of the American people polled are against the war and therefore will vote against McCain because of this fact alone.

Senator McCain is a pro-war candidate. National polls show that 70% of American voters are against the wars in Iraq and Afganistan. Therefore, a large number of the voting public will vote agaisnt Senator McCain based on this fact.

I like using the word candidate because it puts him in the same category as Obama/Hillary and does not differentiate him from the Democrats. He is a pro-war candidate period. I also mention the wars specifically. "against the war" which one?, because they are the ones that are unpopular. "American voters" instead of "American public" remember this is about the voting population and reminds the reader this is about votes. If you had a specific number of people that would be nice. Say, like "70% of American voters ( 100 million people) are against the wars...or whatever that number is just an example.

4. The Scott McClellan book might become a bigger issue for Senator McCain due to his close ties with President George W. Bush.

Due to Senator McCain's close ties with President George W. Bush. The Scott McClellan book will only damage Senator McCain's campaign.

Use negative terminolgy "will only damage" when talking or writing about McCain thus strengthening Dr Paul and his positions.

5. While it is yet to be determined, all indications are showing Senator McCain violated his own McCain-Feingold Laws when pledging FEC money for securing a bank loan, and then ignored the laws and exceeded the spending caps.

get rid of "while yet to be determined" and use All indications are...

6. Senator McCain and his lobbyist ties are causing the campaign to lose key staff and paint an image of Senator McCain contrary to the image he has tried to broadcast in this race.

"...key staff which is contrary to the image he portrays in this race."

8. Senator McCain upon his own admission, knows very little on the economy, right when we are on the verge of huge financial issues with escalating oil prices, deflating dollar values, and ever expanding debt to China.

Senator McCain admits he knows very little about economics. This comes at a time when our nation is burdened with debt, escalating oil prices, devaluation of the dollar, and huge trade deficits with China.

9. etc., etc., etc.

imo make a point or omit this.

1. Representative Ron Paul has / had a huge young voter following and would bring those independent voters back to the GOP and away from Senator Obama.

Representative Dr. Ron Paul has a huge following of young independent voters and would bring them into the GOP and away from Senator Obama.

had?..he still has lest we forget...

3. Representative Ron Paul would maintain the core constant GOP vote of the now pledged McCain voters and only add to them.

omit the word "constant" a bit confusing, or ...maintain the loyal GOP voters with core Republican values of, less government, lower taxes, non-intervention..."This is a great opportunity to place positions Dr. Paul stands for."

4. Representative Ron Paul has garnered the MOST contributions from our military of any GOP contender. That alone speaks volumes

perhaps some figure might be useful here. Thus, representing votes gained or lost if McCain is nominated.

7. Representative Ron Paul can fill the coffers of the GOP, just look at his fund raising successes at the end of last year.

mention a figure and that this money is largely from military members, veterans and grassroots efforts.

9. and so much more...

again...make a point or omit it.

We, the undersigned, are pledging to NOT vote for GOP candidate Senator John McCain as President, but will vote for GOP Candidate Representative Ron Paul as President for the reasons expressed above.

We, the undersigned, pledge to NOT vote for GOP candidate Senator John McCain. We declare that we WILL vote for GOP candidate Representative Dr Ron Paul as President of the United States of America.

don't mention McCain as president but mention Dr. Ron Paul as one. Thus, adding degrees of separation between them.

NOTE

when mentioning persons always use an official title, especially in official comunications or capacities. For example Dr. Ron Paul instead of Ron Paul it adds authenticity and credibility to them. Which is what the letter is trying to do discredit one candidate and add credibility to another. Thinking in those terms may help.

Thanks for allowing my input I hope it is useful can't wait to see the final version great idea!

:D

speciallyblend
06-02-2008, 07:21 AM
bump for liberty, will be live very soon, hopefully by evening:)

speciallyblend
06-02-2008, 07:32 AM
Thanks for the excellent suggestions and the time you took writing them...

First, thanks for allowing me/us the opportunity to review this. Great idea and will become only better with everyones input.

SUGGESTED CORERCTIONS TO MAKE:

Most of us feel that the presumptive Presidential Candidate, Senator John McCain, is a fine individual but can not and will not win the 2008 race for the Presidency of the United States of America for the following reasons:

perhaps most of us do not feel he is a fine individual. If he were we would vote for him and since we are not he does not represent our ideals or those of Dr Ron Pauls'. Remember Dr Paul will not endorse nor campaign for Senator McCain. Thus, this opening statement negates your purpose of the letter. The opening statement/arguement will be the most important part of this letter. It is a statement of purpose. When writing the introduction think of what we are doing, why we are doing it, and how Dr Paul is a better alternative.

A fine individual does not make him a fine choice for being President of the USA. Many people are fine individuals, like my neighbor, but they have no business being in the White House. Something about the old saying, you get further with honey than with vinegar...

2. Former GOP Representative Bob Barr has entered the race on the Libertarian ticket which will siphon votes away from Senator McCain and the GOP. (The Nader Effect) Traditionally, the Libertarian candidate gets 1% of the vote, however pundits are estimating that former GOP Representative Bob Barr will garner 5-8% or more. This is something the Libertarians are very excited about.

I like the phrase "take votes from Senator McCain" rather than "siphon votes away" it has a greater impact of finality to it. Meaning that these votes will be taken and will not come back rather than siphoned which may imply that they can be garnered back somehow.

6 of 1, a 1/2 dozen of the other. Siphoning implies a sucking forces which will extract these votes from the pool they have. I have not known a siphon to return water or gas or anything back to where it came.

3. Senator McCain is pro-war, while 70% of the American people polled are against the war and therefore will vote against McCain because of this fact alone.

Senator McCain is a pro-war candidate. National polls show that 70% of American voters are against the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Therefore, a large number of the voting public will vote against Senator McCain based on this fact.

I like using the word candidate because it puts him in the same category as Obama/Hillary and does not differentiate him from the Democrats. He is a pro-war candidate period. I also mention the wars specifically. "against the war" which one?, because they are the ones that are unpopular. "American voters" instead of "American public" remember this is about the voting population and reminds the reader this is about votes. If you had a specific number of people that would be nice. Say, like "70% of American voters ( 100 million people) are against the wars...or whatever that number is just an example.

I like that, with spelling corrections...

4. The Scott McClellan book might become a bigger issue for Senator McCain due to his close ties with President George W. Bush.

Due to Senator McCain's close ties with President George W. Bush. The Scott McClellan book will only damage Senator McCain's campaign.

Use negative terminolgy "will only damage" when talking or writing about McCain thus strengthening Dr Paul and his positions.

The point of this letter is the signatures at the bottom. If we only get 1,000 or so, the GOP will care less. If we get a 100,000, a million, 10 million, then they will see how those lost votes will impact the election. Senator McCain might walk away unscathed from the Scott McClellan book as he has appeared to do from other issues. Either phrasing is fine I think.....

5. While it is yet to be determined, all indications are showing Senator McCain violated his own McCain-Feingold Laws when pledging FEC money for securing a bank loan, and then ignored the laws and exceeded the spending caps.

get rid of "while yet to be determined" and use All indications are...

Sure, says the same thing while shortening it.... I like it.

6. Senator McCain and his lobbyist ties are causing the campaign to lose key staff and paint an image of Senator McCain contrary to the image he has tried to broadcast in this race.

"...key staff which is contrary to the image he portrays in this race."

He is doing both, loosing key staff, AND showing he is not the maverick, independent, non lobbyist person he is saying he is. Your rephrase makes it sound like keeping staff is the image he is trying to portray.

8. Senator McCain upon his own admission, knows very little on the economy, right when we are on the verge of huge financial issues with escalating oil prices, deflating dollar values, and ever expanding debt to China.

Senator McCain admits he knows very little about economics. This comes at a time when our nation is burdened with debt, escalating oil prices, devaluation of the dollar, and huge trade deficits with China.

Good.

9. etc., etc., etc.

imo make a point or omit this.

That is the point, it keeps going on and on....

1. Representative Ron Paul has / had a huge young voter following and would bring those independent voters back to the GOP and away from Senator Obama.

Representative Dr. Ron Paul has a huge following of young independent voters and would bring them into the GOP and away from Senator Obama.

had?..he still has lest we forget...

Had... many have left, surprised though you may be. They think Dr Paul is out and gone and are either disenfranchised, looking for someone else, or found Obama (yes, polar opposites, but they probably think anyone but Bush, part 3)

3. Representative Ron Paul would maintain the core constant GOP vote of the now pledged McCain voters and only add to them.

omit the word "constant" a bit confusing, or ...maintain the loyal GOP voters with core Republican values of, less government, lower taxes, non-intervention..."This is a great opportunity to place positions Dr. Paul stands for."

It was a bit confusing when it was written. But it is that constant "I will vote for the GOP candidate no matter who he is" consistent core of people.... rewording it is a good idea.

4. Representative Ron Paul has garnered the MOST contributions from our military of any GOP contender. That alone speaks volumes

perhaps some figure might be useful here. Thus, representing votes gained or lost if McCain is nominated.

Do you know the figure, or know where they are?

9. and so much more...

again...make a point or omit it.

Again, that is the point. Dr Paul is so much more that just a few bullet points...

We, the undersigned, are pledging to NOT vote for GOP candidate Senator John McCain as President, but will vote for GOP Candidate Representative Ron Paul as President for the reasons expressed above.

We, the undersigned, pledge to NOT vote for GOP candidate Senator John McCain. We declare that we WILL vote for GOP candidate Representative Dr Ron Paul as President of the United States of America.

don't mention McCain as president but mention Dr. Ron Paul as one. Thus, adding degrees of separation between them.

Good Point.

NOTE

when mentioning persons always use an official title, especially in official comunications or capacities. For example Dr. Ron Paul instead of Ron Paul it adds authenticity and credibility to them. Which is what the letter is trying to do discredit one candidate and add credibility to another. Thinking in those terms may help.

Thanks for allowing my input I hope it is useful can't wait to see the final version great idea!

:D

I see your point, but the letter is not so much doing the discrediting. The letter is just a barometer of what will be lost, that could be gained. Thanks for your time and feedback! Very helpful.

A Ron Paul Rebel
06-02-2008, 07:38 AM
also,

instead of #9 etc.etc.etc.
it's 'etc...'

and still, I'd eliminate that all together. It's not professional!

#9 on Dr. Paul's side is similar. It's not bad, but it's not exactly professional.

speciallyblend
06-02-2008, 11:02 AM
bump for liberty

pinkmandy
06-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Is it live yet?

RPTXState
06-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Add Chuck Baldwin to the drop down list of names.

speciallyblend
06-02-2008, 11:26 AM
IT's NOT LIVE YET ,when it does i will let everyone know. I'm just a go between on the suggestions. I work at 3pm till 7am ,once it goes live everyone will know on forums and spread everywhere all internet sites hopefully break the matrix and trevor will jump,tell the daily paul call all friends in all parties hopefully RON PAUL FORUMS CAN MAKE BANNER ADS OR SOMEONE CAN.

We need Aravoth, HELP ARAVOTH WE NEED EVERY REGISTERED VOTER flyers,newspapers, ads , once it's final send the letter and info to all media and all PARTIES , ONCE THIS GOES LIVE, just do what you gotta do;)

speciallyblend
06-02-2008, 11:29 AM
Add Chuck Baldwin to the drop down list of names.

just use other if not on the list ok;)

speciallyblend
06-02-2008, 09:05 PM
if we needed to run ads in the papers that wouldn't cover this letter/petition , who's PAC could we us??? to get it in certain papers??? or media outlets?

RPTXState
06-02-2008, 10:19 PM
if we needed to run ads in the papers that wouldn't cover this letter/petition , who's PAC could we us??? to get it in certain papers??? or media outlets?

Worry about getting it Live/working BEFORE you worry about the media. They won't cover a "test petition"

speciallyblend
06-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Worry about getting it Live/working BEFORE you worry about the media. They won't cover a "test petition"

i already know that, i said its not live yet like 5 times now it says it in the title,but yes i want to know about any pac that would be interested ,its called planning

the site is still being done, patience

My friend is still working on the site,thats why i said its not live yet, im just requesting. i know how the game is played , we are not going to hit media outlets until we have at least 1000 signing our goal is 10,000 and more...

i haven't asked anyone to print a test petition ,so im not sure what your talkiing about???

speciallyblend
06-03-2008, 05:46 AM
Do It Live People , It's Live

gilliganscorner
06-03-2008, 06:07 AM
Do It Live People , It's Live

It's really too bad that you couldn't capture the contents of this video in your petition. Perhaps as a backup on your web page? It has been seen 1,735,718 times as of this post!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEtZlR3zp4c

speciallyblend
06-03-2008, 06:14 AM
i will suggest it ok ,my friend is working till later tonight but i will let hr/him know ok:) i agree it would help sell the letter:) ill pass it on , thanks spread it far and wide

wgadget
06-03-2008, 06:17 AM
signed and sent to my ATL delegate group

speciallyblend
06-03-2008, 06:49 AM
if you do not get a email confirm ,odds are you mistyped your email so double check if you dont get a confirm ok people we will be adding this note soon

speciallyblend
06-03-2008, 07:21 AM
if your from MO and just signed you typd in a wrong email,so if your mo and do not get an mail your not confirmed.

xRedfoxx
06-03-2008, 07:40 AM
signed!!

A Ron Paul Rebel
06-03-2008, 09:40 AM
how long does it take to update after signing?

speciallyblend
06-03-2008, 11:42 AM
how long does it take to update after signing?

veryify your email sent back, should be done asap its automatic as soon as you verify your email;)

BillyDkid
06-03-2008, 11:51 AM
I will be happy to sign and I hope it does some good. Unfortunately, the letter assumes that the controllers of the GOP are honest, decent people of good will and with good intentions. I think that is patently not true. They would rather run a candidate they know can't win than see the principles of liberty put into place. They would rather collapse as a party than see the likes of Dr. Paul as their candidate. They are part of a system which is invested in corruption. It is more important to them that their corporate cronies get sweetheart contract and war blood money than that they win the Presidency. A good number of these people, particularly on the religious right want more war and see it as a righteous participation in the end times. The rest are those with DC insider connections who benefit from the corrupt system that is in place and that corrupt system remains in place whether a Democrat or a Republican takes office.

speciallyblend
06-03-2008, 12:30 PM
I will be happy to sign and I hope it does some good. Unfortunately, the letter assumes that the controllers of the GOP are honest, decent people of good will and with good intentions. I think that is patently not true. They would rather run a candidate they know can't win than see the principles of liberty put into place. They would rather collapse as a party than see the likes of Dr. Paul as their candidate. They are part of a system which is invested in corruption. It is more important to them that their corporate cronies get sweetheart contract and war blood money than that they win the Presidency. A good number of these people, particularly on the religious right want more war and see it as a righteous participation in the end times. The rest are those with DC insider connections who benefit from the corrupt system that is in place and that corrupt system remains in place whether a Democrat or a Republican takes office.

but we are also calling out the truth and the truth is over 25% of the gop republicans soundly reject mccain= a loss before they even begin. I'm not saying its a total solution,just on angle to help open their eyes before they march off the cliff in sept 1st , WE HAVE MUCH WORK TO DO UNTIL SEPT 1ST

THANK YOU EVERYONE, your privacy is OUR #1 concern

SnappleLlama
06-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Signed!!

dsentell
06-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Signed -- # 61!

wgadget
06-03-2008, 02:06 PM
bump

speciallyblend
06-03-2008, 02:27 PM
can someone email or contact daily paul?? i emailed them but if someone has direct contact?? would be better right?

goldstandard
06-03-2008, 03:27 PM
bump

goldstandard
06-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Maybe get a sticky?

speciallyblend
06-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Ok, if you want this in a paper just make a small write up and include the web address, my editor will print it once i do this,they cannot print the letter but are willing to print a column mentioning it or a letter to the editor:) so thats the game plan for newspapers and print media,though if you want to purchase to put in paper,then money talks;)

thanks everyone our editor of our paper loved it:) so ill be working hard this week exposing the letter to all colorado media...

speciallyblend
06-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Maybe get a sticky?

i have a feeling this is going to be huge,once we have 2 weeks of promoting, hell we have hit 100 almost with no effort.

the list looks impressive to me already,notice the list of parties registered as;) and states and its just beginning:)

I'm so proud of the letter writer, i can't wait till he/she lets me announce them:)

moostraks
06-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Would love to sign it but has glitch for cobb county for me. Keeps giving error with county message...

wgadget
06-03-2008, 04:54 PM
Would love to sign it but has glitch for cobb county for me. Keeps giving error with county message...

It did that for me, too, but it worked when I typed in "County."

moostraks
06-03-2008, 04:59 PM
Nevermind...got it number 90!! I think your phone must match area code to county, it was only thing I changed but worked this time!!

kombayn
06-03-2008, 05:14 PM
Signed, sealed and delivered! :)

RPTXState
06-03-2008, 05:35 PM
Bump

speciallyblend
06-03-2008, 05:53 PM
WHO EVER IS #100 gets a free beer from me at the SD EVENT;)

speciallyblend
06-03-2008, 05:57 PM
ONE MORE NOTE, it says COUNTY ,not country;) on the list so put your county ,some have zips so we will change for those who put usa, anyway i thank you all, you make me proud everyday:) amazing job already,keep it up. our goal is 10,000 ,then 100,000, then 500,000 and so on 100 is a good start since it hasn't been put out yet, so keep up the great work everyone

speciallyblend
06-03-2008, 10:46 PM
bump for Liberty

rathskeller
06-04-2008, 12:51 AM
Sorry, but no letter wirtten by a 10th grader (no offense, but did you READ it?) is going to get the GOP to ignore the voters and nominate someone with less than 10% of hte vote.

You can be all for Ron Paul and still live in reality and know that there is NO WAY he is going to get nominated, and there is no way he would win in November.

My god...Ron Paul himself would laugh at you if you said otherwise. At absolutely NO POINT in the last year did he think for even one second that he had any chance of living in the White House from 2009-1013. You have missed hte entire point of his campaign, and that is kind of sad.

speciallyblend
06-04-2008, 04:59 AM
rathskeller ,for you sesame street fans 1 ,look down this is for you

speciallyblend
06-04-2008, 05:00 AM
2 arrow down for you,since its hard to understand

speciallyblend
06-04-2008, 05:04 AM
3 your almost there look down

speciallyblend
06-04-2008, 05:27 AM
4 Rathskeller you just won a cookie, now go to your corner;)

"It was written in an easy to read fashion so everyone, even idiots like you and the idiots in the GOP, could understand it. And the point of the RP campaign was 2 fold, 1 to spread a message and activate people which has been done, and 2, to win. Whether RP understood he was not going to be in the White House or not is not the point. The point is, WE the PEOPLE want him in the White House and we do not want McCain. Even if the letter does not make the change we want (RP to be the GOP candidate), if enough people show support, it sends an even louder message that we are tired of media manipulation, oppressive government, and NO CHOICE in our campaign."

speciallyblend
06-04-2008, 04:05 PM
bumpin

speciallyblend
06-22-2008, 08:29 AM
help, we need 700 sigs asap:) thank you

MRoCkEd
07-14-2008, 12:16 PM
4 more!

Joseph Hart
07-14-2008, 12:22 PM
I think I rolled the 10,000 :P

speciallyblend
07-14-2008, 12:40 PM
I think I rolled the 10,000 :P

we are 3 away from confirmed ,confirm your email ,or it wont show confirmed;) so we are 3 away.... we plan on getting the press release out in next day or so;)