PDA

View Full Version : Some say we are ebbing. Getting weak.

Oyate
06-01-2008, 01:47 AM
Take this piece of advice from the weird old dude that lives in a 21-foot camper with a brown pitbull. His name if Flea. The pitbull. Me, my name is Trevor but I like to go by the name Oyate because it's a subtle trick. See, Oyate literally means "all of the people in the world" so if I do something good, people will say "oyate did this or that" and what they will be saying is "the people did this or that". Kind of like a subconscious self-confidence building routine or something. Whatever.

Wells, trust me, I been around for a while and I seen things build and relax. Things go in waves. And believe me when I tell you that this here movement you guys got going is the most powerful thing in a few generations.

I can tell you that there has never been anything quite like you. And I can tell you that we knew you were coming. We have been waiting for you.

You are the 7th Generation. You have all powers at your command. You can be fire, you can be water, you can be wind, you can be darkness and you can be light. It just about depends on which finger you want to move.

Take it from an old man. I can bring fire and water. I know little about the wind and I don't care for darkness. And even should the sun die in the sky, we will count on you new ones to bring light and warmth.

Mitakuye Oyasin.

asgardshill
06-01-2008, 01:54 AM
Applause. Marvelous post.

(I myself am the wind tonight - it was Bargain Enchilada Night at the local tacqueria ...)

PlzPeopleWakeUp
06-01-2008, 02:25 AM
nt

WRellim
06-01-2008, 02:40 AM
Applause. Marvelous post.

(I myself am the wind tonight - it was Bargain Enchilada Night at the local tacqueria ...)

thanks hilly... I needed that laugh... I saw your "I myself am the wind tonight"... and was actually thinking baked beans or chili... but "Bargain Enchilada Night" just hit me square in the ribs... :D:D:D

Good on Ya, mate!

Conza88
06-01-2008, 05:14 AM
Nice! :d

rodo1776
06-01-2008, 07:58 AM
Hey Oyate right on Man!! So cool.

Even with all the negativity these past few days with state after state filled with Nazi GOP establishments, people on the boards are positive and determined.

We can give up and go away or we can keep on fighting.

I for one am so charged up seeing all you great people sticking this thing out and realizing that THE FUN HAS JUST BEGUN!!

GO RP revolution!

My prediction is that we start seeing a lot of OLD faces coming back to join all the new people here.

RonPaulVolunteer
06-01-2008, 08:01 AM
I don't know what you're talking about. By every indicator, we are getting stronger, larger and more influential. There is no ebbing or getting weaker.

inibo
06-01-2008, 08:11 AM
Take this piece of advice from the weird old dude that lives in a 21-foot camper with a brown pitbull. His name if Flea. The pitbull. Me, my name is Trevor but I like to go by the name Oyate because it's a subtle trick. See, Oyate literally means "all of the people in the world" so if I do something good, people will say "oyate did this or that" and what they will be saying is "the people did this or that". Kind of like a subconscious self-confidence building routine or something. Whatever.

Wells, trust me, I been around for a while and I seen things build and relax. Things go in waves. And believe me when I tell you that this here movement you guys got going is the most powerful thing in a few generations.

I can tell you that there has never been anything quite like you. And I can tell you that we knew you were coming. We have been waiting for you.

You are the 7th Generation. You have all powers at your command. You can be fire, you can be water, you can be wind, you can be darkness and you can be light. It just about depends on which finger you want to move.

Take it from an old man. I can bring fire and water. I know little about the wind and I don't care for darkness. And even should the sun die in the sky, we will count on you new ones to bring light and warmth.

Mitakuye Oyasin.

Ah ho! (http://www.standing-bear.com/)

I can't speak for any others, but you've certainly made my day.

lynnf
06-01-2008, 12:20 PM
I don't know what you're talking about. By every indicator, we are getting stronger, larger and more influential. There is no ebbing or getting weaker.

there was ebbing after Super Tuesday -- you can't deny it. but maybe we are now rebuilding or keeping pace, I hope. but thanks for the inspiration, Oyate.

lynn

DrSpock
06-01-2008, 12:23 PM

Mitakuye Oyasin.

Excellent post.

pinkmandy
06-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Thank you. One of the best posts I've ever read.

JK/SEA
06-01-2008, 12:28 PM
The awakening has started.

BuddyRey
05-29-2010, 11:10 PM

Mitakuye Oyasin.

Wise words from a wise man. We miss you, Oyate! :(

Wakan Tanan Kici Un - May the Great Spirit Bless You.

eOs
05-29-2010, 11:31 PM
Bring back Oyate.

sarahgop
05-30-2010, 11:52 AM
i demand oyate be unbanned!!

pacelli
05-30-2010, 01:06 PM
I recall one of Oyate's posts indicating that he had a terminal illness. I hope he is still OK.

Eroberer
05-30-2010, 01:33 PM
I know there is a fire within me that will not go away. I feel it everyday and it gets stronger every time I see something that restricts my freedom as a sovereign man on this earth. People who stand in the way of freemen for their personal gain or pleasure are numerous, but we are not going to go away. We will draw that ubiquitous line in the sand and take back what is ours.

sarahgop
05-30-2010, 01:58 PM
oyate's fire will not go away. the board demands his return.

CasualApathy
05-30-2010, 02:05 PM
That was a great OP, makes me wonder what got Oyate banned?

Anyone know?

lynnf
06-30-2010, 05:53 PM
oyate's fire will not go away. the board demands his return.

right -- he even affects us from his banished state - that's power!

lynn

lynnf
06-30-2010, 05:56 PM
That was a great OP, makes me wonder what got Oyate banned?

Anyone know?

I might have an inkling... one of the last posts that I saw him do, it seemed like he was drunk (or maybe on peyote or wild mushrooms) and muttering all kinds of inane sh*t, so he probably spouted off the wrong thing to the wrong person, and voila -- banished!

lynn

Original_Intent
06-30-2010, 05:57 PM
Wow, I never knew Oyate got banned. Was it because he promoted taking certain illegal substances? Wow I have seen a lot of people advocating that here. I honestly can't imagine Oyate doing anything ban-worthy.

eOs
06-30-2010, 06:10 PM
Oyate was awesome, he was our resident shaman, how could someone ban a shaman?

Aratus
07-01-2010, 07:31 AM
!!!

BuddyRey
09-13-2011, 10:42 PM
I was looking at Oyate's old posts, I found this one, and something seemed to scream "bump this!"

BuddyRey
09-14-2011, 06:42 AM
//

Sweman
09-14-2011, 06:56 AM
I was looking at Oyate's old posts, I found this one, and something seemed to scream "bump this!"Bumpworthy, yes.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
09-14-2011, 07:22 AM
Now that I think about it.........I kinda miss Oyate.