PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Convention Details, We Are Winning:)

speciallyblend
05-31-2008, 10:32 PM
WE didn't win delegates,but WE WON THE CONVENTION, every republican running for senate/house and local offices,if you would of closed your eyes,you would of thought ron paul wrote every speech)

they made blacklists for us conservative republicans. I made the list, I'm so proud:) The mccain people passed these hate list out,they were later booted out of the convention,but the damage was done, THE MCCAIN CAMP WON THE WRONG WAY, WE LOST THE RIGHT WAY, we had many republicans that said they were so sorry by the actions of the mccain camp,republicans were very upset about this and let us know they were not happy about the treatment,anyway they refused to allow anyone to speak on the behalf of Ron Paul team. the tension was thick, we had alot of support there:) the media saw it and reported it. now lets jump to the beginning again:)

I was greeted by a mccain supporter when i entered the convention ,with a GO TO HELL, and i hadn't even said anything yet??? hehe great way to greet REPUBLICANS EH???
LET THE GAME'S BEGIN there was no support for mccain other then the gop ordering the brainless to vote mccain because they were told to.

I worked the hallways as i was an alternate to national:) more people were around the RON PAUL TABLE THEN ANY TABLE AT THE CONVENTION:) the only people who went by mccains table were pretty much told to go to the table or were mccain people trying to make it look busy, IT WAS NOT,though the sheeple lined up to vote for a liberal, now here is the great part. WE RON PAUL SUPPORTERS WERE HAPPY,FIRM and PROUD. ( a few tense moments from verbally abusive mccain folks once in awhile,but we didnt back down , for some reason they didnt like us calling mccain liberal and democrat but we provided voting records which showed we were right ,but they couldnt handle the truth. this usually put them back to their seats, the truth hurts and maybe they might figure out why we will not vote for a liberal aka mccain...

I walked the halls all day showing MY RON PAUL COLORS AND SIGNS, HERE IS WHAT I SAID LOUD AND CLEAR SO EVERYONE COULD HEAR, I THINK I MIGHT OF BEEN THE LOUDEST SUPPORTER THERE, thats what ron paul republicans said and my lake county gop members and many others ,not all ron paul supporters but they encouraged me to keep going and that i had HIT ON SOMETHING;)

I carried my Ron Paul Sign CHANTING McCain-Lieberman For President. Ron Paul is a 20yr Republican,if Ron Paul is a Libertarian,THEN MCCAIN IS A DEMOCRAT, IF WE WANT TO UNIFY THE PARTY, THEN SEPT 1ST SUPPORT A UNIFIED CONSERVATIVE TICKET, PAUL/ROMNEY ,MAKE IT HAPPEN, IF YOU WANT TO VOTE FOR A LIBERAL, THEN VOTE FOR HILLARY OR OBAMA ,Mccain has the same voting record, PAUL/ROMNEY, UNIFY THE PARTY , PAUL/ROMNEY and kept repeating this all day every minute on the minute... and yes i cant even talk right now. anyway VERY FAVORABLE RESPONSE........ trust me every republican in that convention ,knew exactly what i was saying, they are depressed about Mccain,VERY..

NOW KEEP YOUR MINDS OPEN NEXT FOR WHAT i had to say for my 15 seconds for my national delegate spot.

I'm Kenny Griffin,lake county,God Bless our country and our troops,SUPPORT THE RON PAUL SLATE, THE MILITARY IS RON PAUL'S #1 DONOR,PLEASE SUPPORT A UNIFIED PARTY TICKET SEPT 1st PAUL/ROMNEY, MAKE IT HAPPEN, THANK YOU and guess what happened folks???? THE WHOLE CONVENTION CHEERED, YES THEY CHEERED
was there any passion for McCAIN??? NO, were there loud cheers for McCain?? NO. THE McCain people played dirty,it showed and many were upset in the republican party...of course they had plenty of name calling for us,great way to win our vote...

NEVER SAY NEVER, WHAT REALITY DID THE GOP SEE AT OUR CONVENTION, WE WILL NOT SUPPORT A LIBERAL, WE STOOD FIRM AND DIDN'T TAKE ANYTHING FROM THE LIBERAL DEMOCRATS IN OUR PARTY. THEY KNOW THEY WILL NOT AND CANNOT WIN WITH MCCAIN,if they didn't see that, THEN SO BE IT.

The media gave us favorable coverage in many areas.....
WE CAN WIN AND THE GOP HAS SOME FOOD FOR THOUGHT ,IF THEY CAN FORCE A LIBERAL DEMOCRAT DOWN OUR THROAT,THEY CAN MAKE A PAUL/ROMNEY TICKET SEPT 1ST, it's our only choice left,if the republicans want to win...McCain is truly dead in the water in the state of colorado. THE McCaIN PEOPLE HAVE BURNT THE BRIDGES, THEY HAVE KICKED US IN THE BALLS MANY TIMES. THEN THEY WANT US TO VOTE FOR THEIR GUY AFTER THEY KICK US IN OUR BALLS??? YEAH RIGHT....

there is so much more to say ,but the point is we showed them reality loud and clear today,some where upset(die-hard mccain folks) i was being passionate about RON PAUL,but many republicans outside of the ron paul circle, said thank you and keep going, SO I DID, well once i gave my 15 sec speech for National(NOTE more ron paul folks ran for national then mccain. we didnt boo the mccain folks, they booed some ron paul supporters(those mccain folks are really known for class(sarcasm), i went back to sign waving(NOTE no mccain folks were sign waving,but ron paul signs were everywhere being held by proud supporters, there were no passionate mccain sign wavers). I never asked for a vote and the ron paul supporters voted for the slate, i wasnt on the slate ,but i got 120 votes:) they were not ron paul votes ,a large portion were outside of our circle ,they were romney supporters, THEY DO NOT LIKE MCCAIN, THEY WANT A CHOICE,LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN, IT's possible, THE CONVENTION CHEERED FOR A PAUL/ROMNEY TICKET, now that made the gop and many think, ok so much more to say but i know folks are waiting here in the forums

RON PAUL SUPPORTERS ARE THE BEST AND OUR CONVENTION SAW IT LOUD AND CLEAR,except for the mccain hating people who called us names for supporting a CONSERVATIVE...

MAKE ST PAUL , RON PAUL CITY, SUPPORT OPERATION ST PAUL, SEE YA IN ST PAUL,THIS IS NOT OVER UNTIL SEPT 1ST, WE CAN WIN

SIDE NOTE ,in my cd 5 before national, about 700-800 people were in our room,when mccains name was mentioned they might have had anywhere from 12-30 people cheer, every local republican sounded better then mccain;) so i started cheering them for president as well, anyone was a better choice then mccain even our local politicians:) , many got the point:)

PS BONNIE, CARL and all the COLORADO RON PAUL SUPPORTERS, I LOVE YOU ALL AND WE MADE THE MCCAIN/GOP VERY WORRIED, they know reality loud and clear in Colorado and every state, this is truly all due to RON PAUL and Freedom Loving Americans, THANK YOU AGAIN

VIDEO OF COLORADO CONVENTION DELEGATE SPEECHES
http://www.intheory.tv/?p=173
VIDEO OF RON PAUL SUPPORTERS w AIMEE ALLEN'S SONG, A MUST SEE gonna make you sniffle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd-dAqCnKyA

torchbearer
05-31-2008, 10:34 PM
I knew there was a reason I logged onto the forums this late at night.

angelatc
05-31-2008, 10:34 PM
Well, dammit, I just popped in to check before bed and now you've gone and done this. :p:p:p

torchbearer
05-31-2008, 10:38 PM
Everyone is waiting...
http://www.cvreefers.org/d/21319-1/ga03_line1.jpg

brandon
05-31-2008, 10:43 PM
subscribed

RP4EVER
05-31-2008, 10:48 PM
heres to hoping....

MozoVote
05-31-2008, 11:06 PM
Maybe the neocons can't be everywhere, all the time! Let's hear some good news...

brandon
05-31-2008, 11:09 PM
Maybe the neocons can't be everywhere, all the time! Let's hear some good news...

Yep, hopefully they are too busy in the LP right now so we will get a break.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
05-31-2008, 11:09 PM
The suspense is killing me. I think a lot of us could use any type of good news right now for a whole variety of reasons.

Rangeley
05-31-2008, 11:10 PM
I wouldnt mind the suspense so much if it werent so late at night.

DrSpock
05-31-2008, 11:16 PM
http://temp.corvetteforum.net/bss/nomad/spock_fascinating2.jpg

TER
05-31-2008, 11:19 PM
Well, while we wait, anybody want to do a round of golf. Woot's got a nice product for that.

http://www.woot.com/

speciallyblend
05-31-2008, 11:37 PM
bump

speciallyblend
05-31-2008, 11:46 PM
sorry for the delay,im about to fallout from exhaustion

AJ Antimony
06-01-2008, 12:51 AM
Let me see if I get this straight...

0 Ron Paul delegates were elected

And you 'won the convention'?

...... how again?

Ogren
06-01-2008, 12:54 AM
The republican party is starting to disgust me more and more.

kirkblitz
06-01-2008, 01:54 AM
if we didnt get delegates does it matter? All of these conventions have been failures :(

WRellim
06-01-2008, 02:56 AM
Not to be a party pooper, but don't get your hopes up too high on the media's coverage. Seems they got a prewritten script of what was supposed to happen at the convention, and they wrote the piece according to (or perhaps copied from) the McCain press-release.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_9440853

http://www.gazette.com/articles/mccain_36905___article.html/romney_paul.html

http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_9440472

DrSpock
06-01-2008, 03:09 AM
Not to be a party pooper, but don't get your hopes up too high on the media's coverage. Seems they got a prewritten script of what was supposed to happen at the convention, and they wrote the piece according to (or perhaps copied from) the McCain press-release.

Unfortunate but irrelevant.

"We fight, get beat, rise and fight again" - General Greene

This is far from over.

liberteebell
06-01-2008, 06:15 AM
if we didnt get delegates does it matter? All of these conventions have been failures :(

With all due respect, you couldn't be more wrong.

I'll try to explain how we're winning but if you're expectation is instant gratification, you're going to be disappointed. That said, the party is SOOOOOO fractured, we'll take it back in no time flat, I predict less than 2 years. BUT YOU HAVE TO PARTICIPATE TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!!

Much of the reason we aren't getting delegates is because the establishment is on to us and they're going to great lengths to keep us out. Witness NV.

I am in Virginia. We've been sort of disorganized about getting delegates in place but we DID get some delegates at the district level. :D

In my district, a guy who is disgusted with the direction of the party ran against the chair, recruited us to help him, and won big. We Ron Paul people are taking all the blame (which should be called credit but the establishment is pissed off). This guy is very experienced in party politics and very outspoken. He has asked several of us to serve on committees and he told us yesterday that next convention, WE'D be the ones making the rules and he'd see to that. :cool:

At our state convention this weekend, the establishment gave my district chair every kind of hell imaginable and pulled lots of behind-closed-doors dirty tricks; they are furious with him for bringing in all these Ron Paul people and outraged that he vocally supports us running as national delegates. So he told us, begged us to stay involved and to bring friends. :D

Several of us were planning to run for at-large delegate but the establishment set up interviews and built slates without informing anyone and we weren't allowed to put in applications. My district chair went to bat for us to no avail. He also told us that they were doing everything they could to keep us out. We still may have earned some delegates who were stealth. I don't know right now.

I was amazed to see the sheer number of Ron Paul people participating in the state convention from across the state! And we're a good-looking bunch and as you know, such a cross-section of America. :cool: Surprisingly, there are influential party members who are Ron Paul supporters and who are encouraging us every step of the way. Seeing that in person was positively wonderful.

Most of us decided to wear our Ron Paul buttons, etc. and we got lots of snide comments, but also the opportunity to explain to many people that this is not just about one man. No matter what they were saying, they were talking about Ron Paul. We're still waking people up.

We had a hospitality suite on Friday night which was crammed with people most of the night. It was cool to overhear people saying that "the libertarians" had the best food (we already know we have the best people :D).

I was told that extra security was hired for the convention because they expected the Ron Paul people to cause trouble. We did not. Several Ron Paul people's state credentials were denied due to problems with paperwork, yeah right! A couple of delegates and alternates whom I know were bullied by party officials about how they're supposed to vote in St. Paul.

We had a senate race at the convention between establishment Jim Gilmore and "insurgent" Bob Marshall (he and his family supported Ron Paul), who entered the race late, got outspent by something like 14-1 and who was shunned by the establishment at every turn. Bob lost by ONLY 65 VOTES!!!

We had a race for chairman of the state party between establishment John Hager (father in law to Jenna Bush) and "insurgent" Jeff Frederick, who also has been treated as a pariah by the party "faithful". Jeff beat John so severely, they didn't even read the vote count!!!!!!!! I'm not sure whom Jeff supports but his lovely wife Amy is an outspoken RON PAUL SUPPORTER! And this gal kicks a$$ when she speaks.

Incidentally, there was no rah-rah excitement for juan mcwarming, no matter how hard the establishment tried to drum it up. We aren't the only ones who are unhappy with the presumptive nominee.

This weekend in Virginia we may not have won actual delegates but we won respect, we helped return the focus to principles, we showed that we are a HUGE force to be reckoned with, and that the party is fractured and they'd better take us into consideration because if they don't, the party is going down.

It may not appear so on the surface, but we're winning and as long as we stay involved, we'll get there in short order.

speciallyblend
06-01-2008, 06:36 AM

...... how again?

where you at our colorado convention? if not you have no clue..

speciallyblend
06-01-2008, 06:39 AM

where you at our convention? if not ,how in the hell can you label something a failure, do you not understand,that we can win the national convention, the mccain tactics are gonna kill the republican party and kill any chance of making mccain electable?? keep the fight up and yes we won, my republican party understands im gonna run for a local office.
those neo-cons understand , IT IS US(RON PAUL REPUBLICANS THAT ARE STAYING IN THE PARTY, the neo-cons are not welcome. WE WON A MORALE VICTORY IN COLORADO, read ron pauls book and you will understand until then we might not of won a bunch of battles due to the mccain corruption ,but WE WILL WIN THE WAR:)

speciallyblend
06-01-2008, 06:44 AM

many republicans saw the true corruption in the republican party this weekend, dont worry about the media and watch the pbs channels and read the rocky mtn news report previous day. WE MADE A HUGE IMPACT, WE SHOWED THE GOP AND NATIONAL , THAT MCCAIN IS USELESS TO US REPUBLICANS, WE SHOWED UP AND SHOCKED EVERYONE WITH OUR ORGANIZATION and NUMBERS, IF YOU DIDNT GO TO OUR CONVENTION< then yes you might be clueless,but if you were in that convention, then you realized mccain is dead in the water no matter what the gop says or does, reality bites;)

LibertyEagle
06-01-2008, 06:49 AM
Kenny,

When I read what you wrote in your first post, I was beaming with pride. You gave it the good fight and from the sound of it, a lot of people's eyes were starting to open last night. You represented Ron Paul and this movement, well, Kenny. Thank you. :)

LibertyEagle
06-01-2008, 06:50 AM
One question though.... if they saw what the McCain people were doing, why did they all vote for McCain delegates anyway?

speciallyblend
06-01-2008, 06:51 AM

I'll try to explain how we're winning but if you're expectation is instant gratification, you're going to be disappointed. That said, the party is SOOOOOO fractured, we'll take it back in no time flat, I predict less than 2 years. BUT YOU HAVE TO PARTICIPATE TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!!

Much of the reason we aren't getting delegates is because the establishment is on to us and they're going to great lengths to keep us out. Witness NV.

I am in Virginia. We've been sort of disorganized about getting delegates in place but we DID get some delegates at the district level. :D

In my district, a guy who is disgusted with the direction of the party ran against the chair, recruited us to help him, and won big. We Ron Paul people are taking all the blame (which should be called credit but the establishment is pissed off). This guy is very experienced in party politics and very outspoken. He has asked several of us to serve on committees and he told us yesterday that next convention, WE'D be the ones making the rules and he'd see to that. :cool:

At our state convention this weekend, the establishment gave my district chair every kind of hell imaginable and pulled lots of behind-closed-doors dirty tricks; they are furious with him for bringing in all these Ron Paul people and outraged that he vocally supports us running as national delegates. So he told us, begged us to stay involved and to bring friends. :D

Several of us were planning to run for at-large delegate but the establishment set up interviews and built slates without informing anyone and we weren't allowed to put in applications. My district chair went to bat for us to no avail. He also told us that they were doing everything they could to keep us out. We still may have earned some delegates who were stealth. I don't know right now.

I was amazed to see the sheer number of Ron Paul people participating in the state convention from across the state! And we're a good-looking bunch and as you know, such a cross-section of America. :cool: Surprisingly, there are influential party members who are Ron Paul supporters and who are encouraging us every step of the way. Seeing that in person was positively wonderful.

Most of us decided to wear our Ron Paul buttons, etc. and we got lots of snide comments, but also the opportunity to explain to many people that this is not just about one man. No matter what they were saying, they were talking about Ron Paul. We're still waking people up.

We had a hospitality suite on Friday night which was crammed with people most of the night. It was cool to overhear people saying that "the libertarians" had the best food (we already know we have the best people :D).

I was told that extra security was hired for the convention because they expected the Ron Paul people to cause trouble. We did not. Several Ron Paul people's state credentials were denied due to problems with paperwork, yeah right! A couple of delegates and alternates whom I know were bullied by party officials about how they're supposed to vote in St. Paul.

We had a senate race at the convention between establishment Jim Gilmore and "insurgent" Bob Marshall (he and his family supported Ron Paul), who entered the race late, got outspent by something like 14-1 and who was shunned by the establishment at every turn. Bob lost by ONLY 65 VOTES!!!

We had a race for chairman of the state party between establishment John Hager (father in law to Jenna Bush) and "insurgent" Jeff Frederick, who also has been treated as a pariah by the party "faithful". Jeff beat John so severely, they didn't even read the vote count!!!!!!!! I'm not sure whom Jeff supports but his lovely wife Amy is an outspoken RON PAUL SUPPORTER! And this gal kicks a$$ when she speaks.

Incidentally, there was no rah-rah excitement for juan mcwarming, no matter how hard the establishment tried to drum it up. We aren't the only ones who are unhappy with the presumptive nominee.

This weekend in Virginia we may not have won actual delegates but we won respect, we helped return the focus to principles, we showed that we are a HUGE force to be reckoned with, and that the party is fractured and they'd better take us into consideration because if they don't, the party is going down.

It may not appear so on the surface, but we're winning and as long as we stay involved, we'll get there in short order.

YOU ARE 100% RIGHT , WE ARE NOT BACKING DOWN , WE ARE NOT LEAVING PARTY, THEY WERE INFORMED YESTERDAY that none of us are leaving the party...:)

im beginning to think some havent read ron pauls book or heard his message.. it's all local

speciallyblend
06-01-2008, 07:01 AM
One question though.... if they saw what the McCain people were doing, why did they all vote for McCain delegates anyway?

and romney basically got on his knees and begged them, but overall my local republican party(including ex senators and comminsioners) endorsed my activism and gave me much encouragement and asked me to run for office;) now thats a win:) i plan on running for town council eventually as a ron paul republican .. our numbers were very impressive ,our support was about 1000% higher then mccain and our energy and outright support of Ron Paul was 20x more then any mccain person in the building. we showed the gop loud and clear yesterday that mccain has lost the election already. WE STOOD FIRM & PROUD AND DID NOT BACK DOWN. i never asked for one vote and i wasnt even on the ron paul slate ,but i got more votes then many on the slate, ROMNEY SUPPORTERS want a paul/romney ticket more ,because they made more noise when i announced a unified party ticket of paul/romney then they ever made for mccain until romney came out and begged them to make a lil noise for mccain basically. WE WON THIS CONVENTION,by not playing dirty, the mccain people will be exposed with the gop suck ups for who they are, the corruption has happened in many states ,its up to us to inform we do not need the media keep talking

i ask every supporter this , did the media help us raise money? did the media help move our grassroots? hell no , the media and the gop is shitting in their pants after yesterday. WE CAN WIN IN ST PAUL ,by the time sept 1st comes mccain will be useless...

LibertyEagle
06-01-2008, 07:05 AM
Give 'em hell, Kenny. You're kickin' butt. :)

speciallyblend
06-01-2008, 07:19 AM
Kenny,

When I read what you wrote in your first post, I was beaming with pride. You gave it the good fight and from the sound of it, a lot of people's eyes were starting to open last night. You represented Ron Paul and this movement, well, Kenny. Thank you. :)

Thank You, IN MY LIFE ,RON PAUL MADE YESTERDAY MY PROUDEST DAY IN MY LIFE :) I WILL BE PROUD TO FIGHT FOR THE REPUBLICAN CONSERVATIVE MESSAGE, AND THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT RON PAUL IS SAYING , STAND UP AND BE HEARD, WE WERE HEARD LOUD AND CLEAR YESTERDAY:D

liberteebell
06-01-2008, 07:29 AM
and romney basically got on his knees and begged them, but overall my local republican party(including ex senators and comminsioners) endorsed my activism and gave me much encouragement and asked me to run for office;) now thats a win:) i plan on running for town council eventually as a ron paul republican .. our numbers were very impressive ,our support was about 1000% higher then mccain and our energy and outright support of Ron Paul was 20x more then any mccain person in the building. we showed the gop loud and clear yesterday that mccain has lost the election already. WE STOOD FIRM & PROUD AND DID NOT BACK DOWN. i never asked for one vote and i wasnt even on the ron paul slate ,but i got more votes then many on the slate, ROMNEY SUPPORTERS want a paul/romney ticket more ,because they made more noise when i announced a unified party ticket of paul/romney then they ever made for mccain until romney came out and begged them to make a lil noise for mccain basically. WE WON THIS CONVENTION,by not playing dirty, the mccain people will be exposed with the gop suck ups for who they are, the corruption has happened in many states ,its up to us to inform we do not need the media keep talking

i ask every supporter this , did the media help us raise money? did the media help move our grassroots? hell no , the media and the gop is shitting in their pants after yesterday. WE CAN WIN IN ST PAUL ,by the time sept 1st comes mccain will be useless...

+2008

You are doing a great job and we're exposing the cockroaches to the sunlight.

More on the dirty tricks in Virginia:

http://novatownhall.com/2008/05/31/republican-party-of-virginia-convention-report-shenanigans-unverified/#comment-6360

freelance
06-01-2008, 07:31 AM

I'm thinking that it has to do with the authoritarianism that has taken over the party. They were too frightened to "go against the machine," but this may be the last time for many of them...

Kenny, it was a win in that you went there, said your piece, did what you could and came away without anger, but with determination to keep going forward and doing whatever it takes. GOOD FOR YOU!

Maltheus
06-01-2008, 08:05 AM
It was an interesting day. We may have not gotten any delegates, but we did get 25% of the vote. And the GOP embarrassed themselves horribly in front of the press by sending cops to remove our coordinator for simply making a motion for a Ron Paul speaker to have a mere 5 minutes to speak, since McCain had Romney speak on his behalf for 30 minutes. The chairman ordered a cop to remove our coordinator. Luckily the cop listened to our guy instead of the chairman, that he didn't have the right to remove him. One other girl with an anti-war sign did get removed outside to a "free-speech" zone. Another guy got ejected for trying to raise a motion, regarding a complete an arbitrary suspension of Robert's Rules at CD 1. It was immediately ruled out of order and the cops took him out. The pressed seemed sympathetic and they were so perplexed by no one raising any, or being able to raise any motions, that they jumped to interview us after the dust up. Their attempts to quash us became the story (I hope).

But I do think the day went in our favor. After they would let a Ron Paul person speak, we found we had a lot of allies in the non-Ron Paul camp. One lady came up to us, said she wasn't a Ron Paul supporter, but was disgusted at how we were treated and could barely contain here rage. She said she was going to write her congressman, among others. To calm her down friend Steve said, "it's ok, we're use to it." Then she started poking him in the chest, yelling "NO, don't you ever get use to it. You fight!" She came at just the right time, when our morale was starting to wane.

The McCain people were passing around a "Unity" slate on the floor in violation of the rules. We eventually got them to stop (boy, were they smarmy over that one). The guy sitting next to me was voting everyone on the unity slate. But when I stood up in support of getting a speaker, he said "right on, stick to your principles."

And then there were a whole bunch of people who came up to ask us to please stay in the party. They were blown away by our energy. Some hated that energy, and some loved it, but they were all impressed. Even the El Paso county Chairman, Greg Garcia, who would had been an obstacle in the past, was definitely trying to reach out. Even helping us get some unregistered volunteers into the convention. We'll see how sincere he ultimately is, but I respected the attempt.

But mostly, it was a fun time being around so many of my fellow Paul-tards. There were so many of us that it ended up firing me up enough to disregard the loss. And of course, we ended up taking over the Rock Bottom brewery, after the convention (that's something anyway :)) I loved the "disrupter" fliers because we were less disruptive than the McCain people and I felt it back-fired on them. I'm definitely framing one of them with my name on it (I may post it later). It was truly a badge of honor. Now we move to take back the party and make the lemmings follow us instead. If they are willing to follow McCain, who Coloradoans hate, they won't have a problem follow our guy, when we take over.

Pauliana
06-01-2008, 08:16 AM

...... how again?

Sounds like hearts and minds. That will help in 2012.

ProBlue33
06-01-2008, 08:26 AM
When Obama wipes out McCain in November all the GOP are going to remember these things that happened at state level and won't let it happen again, this sets up somebody for a 2012 run who is a Ron Paul Republican. Who will carry that flag remains to be seen, but they have a lot of work to do in the next 4 years.

speciallyblend
06-01-2008, 08:27 AM
It was an interesting day. We may have not gotten any delegates, but we did get 25% of the vote. And the GOP embarrassed themselves horribly in front of the press by sending cops to remove our coordinator for simply making a motion for a Ron Paul speaker to have a mere 5 minutes to speak, since McCain had Romney speak on his behalf for 30 minutes. The chairman ordered a cop to remove our coordinator. Luckily the cop listened to our guy instead of the chairman, that he didn't have the right to remove him. One other girl with an anti-war sign did get removed outside to a "free-speech" zone. Another guy got ejected for trying to raise a motion, regarding a complete an arbitrary suspension of Robert's Rules at CD 1. It was immediately ruled out of order and the cops took him out. The pressed seemed sympathetic and they were so perplexed by no one raising any, or being able to raise any motions, that they jumped to interview us after the dust up. Their attempts to quash us became the story (I hope).

But I do think the day went in our favor. After they would let a Ron Paul person speak, we found we had a lot of allies in the non-Ron Paul camp. One lady came up to us, said she wasn't a Ron Paul supporter, but was disgusted at how we were treated and could barely contain here rage. She said she was going to write her congressman, among others. To calm her down friend Steve said, "it's ok, we're use to it." Then she started poking him in the chest, yelling "NO, don't you ever get use to it. You fight!" She came at just the right time, when our morale was starting to wane.

The McCain people were passing around a "Unity" slate on the floor in violation of the rules. We eventually got them to stop (boy, were they smarmy over that one). The guy sitting next to me was voting everyone on the unity slate. But when I stood up in support of getting a speaker, he said "right on, stick to your principles."

And then there were a whole bunch of people who came up to ask us to please stay in the party. They were blown away by our energy. Some hated that energy, and some loved it, but they were all impressed. Even the El Paso county Chairman, Greg Garcia, who would had been an obstacle in the past, was definitely trying to reach out. Even helping us get some unregistered volunteers into the convention. We'll see how sincere he ultimately is, but I respected the attempt.

But mostly, it was a fun time being around so many of my fellow Paul-tards. There were so many of us that it ended up firing me up enough to disregard the loss. And of course, we ended up taking over the Rock Bottom brewery, after the convention (that's something anyway :)) I loved the "disrupter" fliers because we were less disruptive than the McCain people and I felt it back-fired on them. I'm definitely framing one of them with my name on it (I may post it later). It was truly a badge of honor. Now we move to take back the party and make the lemmings follow us instead. If they are willing to follow McCain, who Coloradoans hate, they won't have a problem follow our guy, when we take over.

NOW CHANT THIS 2 TIMES YOURSELF , mccain/lieberman(mentioning mccain is a liberal democrat),then paul /romney say it loud and proud!!!!!!! Which sounds like music to your ears as a conservative??? thats why when i spoke of a paul /romney We got a huge(very good) applause from all over the convention floor to the upper levels, NOW THAT SAYS SOMETHING. Its says the gop national party and all local parties better start considering a PAUL/ROMNEY TICKET in ST PAUL or they will have destroyed their own party and who will they blame in the end?? they will blame mccain, no one really likes mccain,but they have been ordered by the gop to march off a cliff, so its our jobs in the next 4 months , to help open their eyes and see the cliff ahead..

RON PAUL 2008 in ST PAUL/RON PAUL CITY , MAKE IT HAPPEN...

SUPPORT THE FREEDOM TOUR/FREEDOM RALLY SD EVENT/ THE MARCH DC EVENT links below

liberteebell
06-01-2008, 08:42 AM

Hee, hee!!! I love it! I think this is happening everywhere!!!! :D:D:D

The mindset is that we Paultards are going to be disruptive; when it turns out to be the establishment...well, anyone who's not deaf, dumb and blind can see The Truth and that alone will bring more to our side.

I predict that in less than 2 years, the party will be ours. All we have to do is stay with it and stick to our principles.

Maltheus
06-01-2008, 09:03 AM
Hee, hee!!! I love it! I think this is happening everywhere!!!! :D:D:D

The mindset is that we Paultards are going to be disruptive; when it turns out to be the establishment...well, anyone who's not deaf, dumb and blind can see The Truth and that alone will bring more to our side.

I predict that in less than 2 years, the party will be ours. All we have to do is stay with it and stick to our principles.

Yeah, honestly, I was on the fence as to whether or not I even was going to stay in the party before the convention. Midday yesterday, I was debating which would be the best way to punish the GOP, stay in or leave them in the lurch, a dying party. By the end of the day, I was fired up to take the party back. It's not like I'm gonna stop hanging out with my Ron Paul friends anyway. And I do think we have a good chance to do it off-season.

At first, I wasn't sure about ditching our stealth campaign and going all out in the open like this. But I now think it was a good idea. Stealth would have been better for grabbing delegates, but being open is the best way to take back the party. They have to know that we're out there. They have to see, first hand, what we've been going through. They always talk the talk, but we showed them how to walk the walk.

It felt so good to walk up on stage on make my case, as a conservative to fellow conservatives. I was truly surprised when I got a lot of applause at my CD convention Friday (we got a full 45 seconds there, instead of the 15 at state). And we must have had more than 100 delegates speaking on his behalf yesterday. Although we got a bunch of boos at times (especially when the more freaky looking people spoke), we got applause every time a Paul supporter went up and the McCain people only got applause when they made a good joke or something.

speciallyblend
06-01-2008, 12:12 PM
I can't wait for Ron Paul to sign my blacklist disrupter flyer. I have never felt so proud to be blacklisted as a conservative in my own party. Blacklisted at my first ever convention,gotta love the welcome hehe:)

I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN AND BE BLACKLISTED by neo-con liberal democrats in the republican party. WE CAN WIN or they wouldn't be fighting us every step of the way.

I expect every ron paul supporter in our country to be in ST PAUL. I will be there, WILL YOU.

SUPPORT THE FREEDOM MOVEMENT and I'll see you at the big one as Ron Paul SAYS:) SEE EVERYONE IN ST PAUL aka RON PAUL CITY

PLEASE SUPPORT THE OPERATION ST PAUL , MAKE IT GO VIRAL, MAKE IT HAPPEN

GET BEHIND THE DC MARCH, BEHIND THE FREEDOM TOUR and SUPPORT THE FREEDOM RALLY.

WE WILL WIN, RON PAUL 2008 , your democratic and independent friends demand we give them a choice in NOV, IT'S UP TO US, MAKE IT HAPPEN , as tom petty says WE WON'T BACK DOWN, ONWARD WE MARCH

speciallyblend
06-01-2008, 12:20 PM
THIS IS WHY WE WON IN COLORADO

Dear Bonnie,

I wish to thank you and all the others who were at the state assembly today to support Ron Paul. I was deeply moved by the steady determination to show support for Mr. Paul, often in the face of hostility and humiliation. I also know that because you acted out of respect for the rules and protested peacefully (without interrupting Mr. Romney's speech) some who were not supporters were also moved in their consciences and expressed to me that they thought we had been treated unfairly, and they were sorry. Oft the justice of a cause will speak for itself!
I remember a statement made by one of the speakers at today's assembly; "We have an obligation to elect a candidate who can win."
No--we should elect candidates who can conduct their office with accountability and justice. The proceedings of today remind me this quote:

"An act can only be successful or unsuccessful when it is over; if it is to begin, it must be, in the abstract, right or wrong. . . . There is no such thing as fighting on the winning side; one fights to find out which is the winning side."
--G.K. Chesterton

As, Chesterton says, "he who only likes victory must always come late for the battle."
Bonnie, I will appreciate it if you could forward this message to the other members. I do not know that I will meet some of them again, and I do not want to miss thanking them.

Sincere regards,
-Danica Smith

THANK YOU ,for all the supporters that were outside the ron paul circle. This truly brought happy tears to my eyes. Registered Republican Kenny Griffin.

I ALSO WANT TO THANK MY INSPIRATION, RON PAUL

TruthAtLast
06-01-2008, 12:33 PM

Even THEY admit they can't be anywhere. The Republican Party is running out of money and they are freaking out trying to defend congressional districts who are fighting tooth and nail against Democrats. They is why they are recruiting rich businessmen to run for Congress. They simply don't have the funds to fight on dozens of different fronts. They funded Peden to take down Ron Paul in Texas and Ron crushed him.

We need to stay strong, stay motivated, stay organized, and keep pushing forward. This is a long term war and we are starting to get a taste of what we can accomplish, however the real fruits of our labor may be realized years from now and we can't let up.

Great job to my brothers and sisters in Colorado!

AJ Antimony
06-01-2008, 12:50 PM
where you at our colorado convention? if not you have no clue..

Doesn't answer the question...

speciallyblend
06-01-2008, 12:54 PM
UNIFY THE REPUBLICAN PARTY , PAUL/ ROMNEY SEPT 1st IN ST PAUL just try it,before you know it,just might be a reality ,if the republican party opens their eyes and ears and stop putting it's head in the sand. It's really the only solution left to unify a fractured party. the mccain folks have pretty much burnt their bridges , its time we build them again, support a UNIFIED PARTY PAUL/ ROMNEY, might not happen but never say never. If the republican party wants to win they better listen to us and GET WITH THE PROGRAM , or become the next WHIG PARTY;)

speciallyblend
06-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Doesn't answer the question...

hmmm

AJ Antimony
06-01-2008, 01:01 PM
If you cannot understand my post or others who responded ,then i do not need to bother you with my time, read the answer to your question(by reading my post and others). then comprehend what we just told you,if you cannot, then i truly cannot answer your question if you cannot figure it out. stop chasing your tail

By the way, Romney would probably have Paul shot within a week of taking office.

speciallyblend
06-01-2008, 01:08 PM
By the way, Romney would probably have Paul shot within a week of taking office.

but then that would really start the second american revolution. RON PAUL is already in harms way ,but i would step in front of him if there was a threat.

What happens when they piss us off??? , we get more organized and active, nothing more active then a disgruntled voter, THERE IS A RIGHT WAY TO LOSE AND A WRONG WAY TO WIN, WE GAIN more republican support everyday mccain or his supporters speak, 4 months is an eternity in politics We have grassroots, mccain has debts eventually WE WIN, never say never, keep your chin up ok, I AM;) SEE YA IN ST PAUL SEPT 1st?????, ill buy you a big mac;)

Rangeley
06-01-2008, 01:08 PM
If by winning you mean we are headed in the right direction, then yes, we are. The strategy of being open in our support for Paul and doing our best to articulate the message is having dividends, far greater than the ill concieved "stealth" tactics which alienated many. The stealth tactics were simply met with organization and rule bending - and guess what, most people sided with the establishment because those doing stealth were seen as disruptive.

But now that we are open, and showing we are not the ones being disruptive, when they are disruptive it does have consequences for them.

Does it mean we will win at the national convention? No. But it does mean, again, we are headed in the right direction. People may have voted for McCain delegates this time, but I get the feeling that many are beginning to question those in power, their motives, and their actions. That is definitely a good thing.

speciallyblend
06-01-2008, 01:14 PM
I Wish Every Ron Paul Supporter Could Of Heard The Cheer For A Paul/Romney Ticket In St Paul To Unify The Party at our Colorado Convention , It Was Visa Priceless:eek::D

I'm still freaking exhausted...

speciallyblend
06-01-2008, 01:20 PM
If by winning you mean we are headed in the right direction, then yes, we are. The strategy of being open in our support for Paul and doing our best to articulate the message is having dividends, far greater than the ill concieved "stealth" tactics which alienated many. The stealth tactics were simply met with organization and rule bending - and guess what, most people sided with the establishment because those doing stealth were seen as disruptive.

But now that we are open, and showing we are not the ones being disruptive, when they are disruptive it does have consequences for them.

Does it mean we will win at the national convention? No. But it does mean, again, we are headed in the right direction. People may have voted for McCain delegates this time, but I get the feeling that many are beginning to question those in power, their motives, and their actions. That is definitely a good thing.

i wish you had been there. IT WAS AWESOME having all the ron paul republicans all over the state there ,IT WAS HEAVENLY AND INSPIRING, once again THANK YOU DR PAUL, WE MUST HAVE A CHOICE, RON PAUL 2008

liberteebell
06-01-2008, 03:47 PM
Yeah, honestly, I was on the fence as to whether or not I even was going to stay in the party before the convention. Midday yesterday, I was debating which would be the best way to punish the GOP, stay in or leave them in the lurch, a dying party. By the end of the day, I was fired up to take the party back. It's not like I'm gonna stop hanging out with my Ron Paul friends anyway. And I do think we have a good chance to do it off-season.

At first, I wasn't sure about ditching our stealth campaign and going all out in the open like this. But I now think it was a good idea. Stealth would have been better for grabbing delegates, but being open is the best way to take back the party. They have to know that we're out there. They have to see, first hand, what we've been going through. They always talk the talk, but we showed them how to walk the walk.

It felt so good to walk up on stage on make my case, as a conservative to fellow conservatives. I was truly surprised when I got a lot of applause at my CD convention Friday (we got a full 45 seconds there, instead of the 15 at state). And we must have had more than 100 delegates speaking on his behalf yesterday. Although we got a bunch of boos at times (especially when the more freaky looking people spoke), we got applause every time a Paul supporter went up and the McCain people only got applause when they made a good joke or something.

I too thought this would be an impossible uphill battle but after the convention, I'm stoked! We'll take the party back, no problem. If I didn't say it before, we earned a lot of respect this weekend; it appears you guys in CO did too. I'm sure that's happening everywhere. :cool::D

Jhouserok
06-01-2008, 05:56 PM
Having attended the Colorado Convention it was a delight to see how many Dr. Paul supporters showed up, sadly I've heard only about 60% of our total delegates and alternates to the State Assembly showed up. :(( It would have been even more lopsided in passion towards Dr. Paul had we all been there.

However, all that being said not all was bad, I was able to convince three people from my county to support the Ron Paul slate. The most convincing arguments for Paul to those in my county were our dedication, organization and the passion we showed, along with our youth that sealed the deal on the three I convinced; they were certain we'd have the tenacity to work within the party and be it's future. It is this message we should carry with us into the coming years, we will win over the party by sheer determination, organization, volunteerism, and our ideas.

It was great hanging out with the El Paso county delegates for Paul and hope to see you all again soon.

wgadget
06-01-2008, 06:45 PM
i wish you had been there. IT WAS AWESOME having all the ron paul republicans all over the state there ,IT WAS HEAVENLY AND INSPIRING, once again THANK YOU DR PAUL, WE MUST HAVE A CHOICE, RON PAUL 2008

You sound very happy that you attended! I remember a time when you were saying you'd just stay home and give up...LOL

Anyway, if we can keep up this strong, principled effort like you guys in CO did, what are the chances more delegates in St. Paul will vote for RON PAUL on their second ballot?
Keep plugging away, patriots!

Oh, and make sure they get "The Revolution" into their hands and hearts before September 1!!

wgadget
06-01-2008, 06:47 PM
Oh, and by the way, it probably wouldn't hurt too much to plaster the questionable tactics of the Old Guard GOP all over the Internet in whatever forums you populate.

ItsTime
06-01-2008, 07:35 PM
woohooo!!!! I am so happy. This is just amazing

brooklyn
06-01-2008, 10:25 PM
[QUOTE=liberteebell;1488756]With all due respect, you couldn't be more wrong.

Way to go liberteebell! But we are not finished here in Nevada. There is plenty more fight left here!!!:)

morlhzd
06-01-2008, 11:12 PM
Hey Kenny,

This is Jeff - I did at least one round of sign waving with you during the ballot voting on the floor. Holding up our RP signs and waving the Gold RP Slate list.

Everytime I saw the McCain thugs illegally trying to pass out the Unity Slate, just got so mad had to keep walking around the floor - waving the RP sign's and pointing to the Gold list of RP delegates.

They were afraid - and we did Win!

(they were afraid, because they know we are the future of their party - and we decide if they have a future).

After Wadams (or whatever his name is) - didn't let Ron Paul have a speaker come to the floor (after Romney) - I was so disgusted that I don't think they deserve a future...

Pauls' Revere
06-01-2008, 11:46 PM
The republican party is starting to disgust me more and more.

Yeah, as RP says, the GOP has lost it's way and I dont feel the least bit sorry for them.

Paulfan05
06-01-2008, 11:58 PM
wait, we got no national delegates for colorado? :(

morlhzd
06-02-2008, 12:56 AM
wait, we got no national delegates for colorado? :(

I have no idea - I was there at 7 am, left at 2:30 pm (right before Romny spoke in the afternoon).

The RP slate was strong, and Ron Paul had about 70% of the 300 people or so that ran for a national delgate spot. (The state gop said they had never had more then 100 people run for a national delegate spot - On Saturday there was over 300..)

I would guess Ron Paul had about 30% of the voting delegates on the floor, every RP supporter voted the Slate.

The Unity slate probably got about 40-50% of the vote from old established party line votes. They voted as specified by the McCain staffers.

Don't know the final tally.

crazyfacedjenkins
06-02-2008, 12:57 AM

Reading this made me very fucking happy. Good job!

morlhzd
06-02-2008, 01:05 AM

- Same at the Colorado Convention, the McCain staffers were desperatly trying to hand out McCain signs to offset the Ron Paul signs --- But no one took them. It was sorta funny.

speciallyblend
06-02-2008, 06:26 AM
- Same at the Colorado Convention, the McCain staffers were desperatly trying to hand out McCain signs to offset the Ron Paul signs --- But no one took them. It was sorta funny.

you know how many people i saw were basically forced to grab a mccain sign from a mccain staffer but 10 steps later , guess where that mccain sign was??? it was on the floor being stepped on. NOW that is very telling, plus i cannot seem to get the cheer out of my head for a Paul/ROMNEY ticket, i was floored how loud that cheer was in the colorado convention, truly amazing amazing:) don't forget all the people with mccain stickers on ,who made sure they came up to us to tell us they will not vote for mccain , HOW SWEET WAS THAT:)

wgadget
06-02-2008, 06:29 AM
But ROMNEY???

Ack.

speciallyblend
06-02-2008, 06:37 AM
Hey Kenny,

This is Jeff - I did at least one round of sign waving with you during the ballot voting on the floor. Holding up our RP signs and waving the Gold RP Slate list.

Everytime I saw the McCain thugs illegally trying to pass out the Unity Slate, just got so mad had to keep walking around the floor - waving the RP sign's and pointing to the Gold list of RP delegates.

They were afraid - and we did Win!

(they were afraid, because they know we are the future of their party - and we decide if they have a future).

After Wadams (or whatever his name is) - didn't let Ron Paul have a speaker come to the floor (after Romney) - I was so disgusted that I don't think they deserve a future...

I'm so proud of colorado republicans and Jeff, thank you.......... it was a honor to meet like minded people from all over colorado. It was very uplifting.

RON PAUL , I hope you read this. Bonnie is the best , BONNIE IS GETTING MARRIED. I hope you get the chance to go to her wedding ,she is going to invite you. She worked her tail off for the Ron Paul campaign in Colorado.....

BONNIE I WILL SAY IT FOREVER. YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION . BONNIE once again THANK YOU X 1,000,000,000,000,000

FindLiberty
06-02-2008, 06:51 AM
Wow, GOOD WORK and thanks for the confirmation that the message is alive and well.

Very inspirational and moving reporting - THANK YOU!

Eric21ND
06-02-2008, 07:04 AM
you know how many people i saw were basically forced to grab a mccain sign from a mccain staffer but 10 steps later , guess where that mccain sign was??? it was on the floor being stepped on. NOW that is very telling, plus i cannot seem to get the cheer out of my head for a Paul/ROMNEY tickets, i was floord how loud that cheer was in the colorado convention, truly amazing amazing:) don't forget all the people with mccain stickers on ,who made sure they came up to us to tell us they will not vote for mccain , HOW SWEET WAS THAT:)
Romney looks like a Ken doll and is about as plastic.

speciallyblend
06-02-2008, 07:05 AM
but its what i called the unity ticket, Paul/ or anyone paul chooses but it was a unity ticket i was pushing. may not happen ,but its a fig leaf to the corrupt gop

It was a suggstion that went over very good, thats why i mentioned it. Will Ron Paul choose romney who knows? but unless the gop nominates Ron Paul as the nominee they have no chance and that was really my point;)

speciallyblend
06-02-2008, 07:09 AM
Romney looks like a Ken doll and is about as plastic.

it was just a thought and an idea that went over very well at our colorado convention. It's Ron Paul's choice not romneys;) but i just wanted everyone to know how well that went over the whole convention so if the gop wants to save face they better listen to RON PAUL like 20 yrs ago...;)

Paul/_________ ,its not really the gop's choice anymore, it was just a suggestion:) really the gop has one choice left for a winning ticket Paul/__________

speciallyblend
06-02-2008, 07:19 AM
bump for HQ

Maltheus
06-02-2008, 07:20 AM
Having attended the Colorado Convention it was a delight to see how many Dr. Paul supporters showed up, sadly I've heard only about 60% of our total delegates and alternates to the State Assembly showed up. :(( It would have been even more lopsided in passion towards Dr. Paul had we all been there.

Was it that few? I had wondered about that. I knew of a couple of people I expected to be there that didn't show up. I wrote them and said we lost by one vote, just to guilt them. Why put in all that work and stop just before the finish line? It probably wouldn't have made a difference though. Our state delegates got 25% of the vote. Most of the remaining 75% likely went straight to the unity slate.

As for the Romney thing (someone had asked), keep in mind that he won Colorado in a landslide. People here love him (I have no idea why, he had the creepiest speech). There were perhaps more "Mittt for Veep" signs than there were McCain signs. People who voted for McCain, were counting on Romney being the VP. I hope to hell it's Lieberman now. Nothing would help the movement more.

Although I'm glad so many people turned out, there were a couple of things we did that I feel worked against us. One was the yellow group tee-shirts. One McCain delegate made an on-stage crack about how it looked like a Lenin portrait and I couldn't disagree (although I did yell back, who's the liberal and who's the conservative?). I always had a problem with that photo (from the slim jim). It was a very poor choice of shirt, geared more at college hippies than old school Republicans. It also made us look more like organized "disrupters," rather than grassroots Republicans, making their case for them. It solidified their image of us as outsiders so I was very upset with the shirt decision. I wore a suit myself and stuck with it.

Another problem was that we had fringe looking delegates (ex. pink hair, costumes, people wearing shorts, etc) go up and speak on Paul's behalf. One of our guys, an air force veteran in a tie, even had some non-Paul supporters going up to him to ask who the more "respectable" Paul delegates were. They wanted to help, but they couldn't abide the "freaks." Now I don't personally have a problem with these people in the party, but they got the most boos. And each fringe looking person got more boos than the previous one. I would have preferred they not run for national looking like that. Come and vote, but don't get up on stage looking like a liberal. It was clearly hurting us, judging by the comments of the people in the audience. We might as well have been burning flags and wearing strap-ons, given the crowd. Baby steps people! Baby steps!

speciallyblend
06-02-2008, 07:46 AM
Was it that few? I had wondered about that. I knew of a couple of people I expected to be there that didn't show up. I wrote them and said we lost by one vote, just to guilt them. Why put in all that work and stop just before the finish line? It probably wouldn't have made a difference though. Our state delegates got 25% of the vote. Most of the remaining 75% likely went straight to the unity slate.

As for the Romney thing (someone had asked), keep in mind that he won Colorado in a landslide. People here love him (I have no idea why, he had the creepiest speech). There were perhaps more "Mittt for Veep" signs than there were McCain signs. People who voted for McCain, were counting on Romney being the VP. I hope to hell it's Lieberman now. Nothing would help the movement more.

Although I'm glad so many people turned out, there were a couple of things we did that I feel worked against us. One was the yellow group tee-shirts. One McCain delegate made an on-stage crack about how it looked like a Lenin portrait and I couldn't disagree (although I did yell back, who's the liberal and who's the conservative?). I always had a problem with that photo (from the slim jim). It was a very poor choice of shirt, geared more at college hippies than old school Republicans. It also made us look more like organized "disrupters," rather than grassroots Republicans, making their case for them. It solidified their image of us as outsiders so I was very upset with the shirt decision. I wore a suit myself and stuck with it.

Another problem was that we had fringe looking delegates (ex. pink hair, costumes, people wearing shorts, etc) go up and speak on Paul's behalf. One of our guys, an air force veteran in a tie, even had some non-Paul supporters going up to him to ask who the more "respectable" Paul delegates were. They wanted to help, but they couldn't abide the "freaks." Now I don't personally have a problem with these people in the party, but they got the most boos. And each fringe looking person got more boos than the previous one. I would have preferred they not run for national looking like that. Come and vote, but don't get up on stage looking like a liberal. It was clearly hurting us, judging by the comments of the people in the audience. We might as well have been burning flags and wearing strap-ons, given the crowd. Baby steps people! Baby steps!

i mean hell i have long hair but got cheers:) but i had nice slacks on . I did have my yellow shirt on ,but i never got anything negative from my shirt,i guess it was also how we presented ourselfs, everyone in the convention saw my rah rah inside and outside ,so when i mentioned a unity ticket of paul/romney i believe i hit a positive nerve:) my internal batteries died about 8pm sunday night. i fell out from exhaustion;) i would agree on some of the appearances but overall remember the mccain people had no reason to cheer so they could only find reasons to bitch......

Maltheus
06-02-2008, 08:10 AM
i mean hell i have long hair but got cheers:) but i had nice slacks on . I did have my yellow shirt on ,but i never got anything negative from my shirt,i guess it was also how we presented ourselfs, everyone in the convention saw my rah rah inside and outside ,so when i mentioned a unity ticket of paul/romney i believe i hit a positive nerve:) my internal batteries died about 8pm sunday night. i fell out from exhaustion;) i would agree on some of the appearances but overall remember the mccain people had no reason to cheer so they could only find reasons to bitch......

Although I thought the shirt logo was unfortunate, I the bigger problem with it was that everyone was wearing the same shirt. I think the other delegates respect Paul's message, but they have a problem with the notion of a group of organized "outsiders" coming in to take over the party. It seems less grassroots.

As for the hair, long ain't the same as pink, especially if it's tied back. And every single supporter got cheers. The more extreme looking ones got boos. And the ones who spoke out directly against the war, I suppose. If you had mostly cheers, then you're probably not one of the ones I was talking about.

Also, I want to point out that I love the diversity of Ron Paul supporters. From the hippies to the Christian fundamentalists. I think everyone should live however they want without having to make any excuses. But the El Paso county type Republicans are the way the are and we have to speak to them in their language. They were the largest, most conservative delegation up front and center, the control the party, and they have much disdain for Boulder and Denver counties. And I was hearing their grumblings, against both us and McCain. We only need to present ourselves a little better to win them over (I think).

torchbearer
06-02-2008, 08:14 AM
I could live with a Paul/Romney ticket.

speciallyblend
06-02-2008, 08:15 AM
Although I thought the shirt logo was unfortunate, I the bigger problem with it was that everyone was wearing the same shirt. I think the other delegates respect Paul's message, but they have a problem with the notion of a group of organized "outsiders" coming in to take over the party. It seems less grassroots.

As for the hair, long ain't the same as pink, especially if it's tied back. And every single supporter got cheers. The more extreme looking ones got boos. And the ones who spoke out directly against the war, I suppose. If you had mostly cheers, then you're probably not one of the ones I was talking about.

Also, I want to point out that I love the diversity of Ron Paul supporters. From the hippies to the Christian fundamentalists. I think everyone should live however they want without having to make any excuses. But the El Paso county type Republicans are the way the are and we have to speak to them in their language. They were the largest, most conservative delegation up front and center, the control the party, and they have much disdain for Boulder and Denver counties. And I was hearing their grumblings, against both us and McCain. We only need to present ourselves a little better to win them over (I think).

We did Good, we could of done better,but in reality the mccain and the gop have been cock blocking that isn't our problem,its the gop's:) but i totally agree with you..

luke-gr
06-02-2008, 09:03 AM
Good for you Coloradoans!! Way to show up and stick to it!

speciallyblend
06-02-2008, 01:42 PM
VIDEO OF RON PAUL SUPPORTERS w AIMEE ALLEN'S SONG, A MUST SEE gonna make you sniffle;)

Maltheus
06-02-2008, 02:53 PM
VIDEO OF RON PAUL SUPPORTERS w AIMEE ALLEN'S SONG, A MUST SEE gonna make you sniffle;)

Cool, they even included a shot of the snipers. I didn't understand why they were there until I heard Romney was showing up. Too bad there wasn't a shot of the Disrupter flier to complement the "Unity" slate.

speciallyblend
06-02-2008, 03:29 PM
FROM CARL BRUNING

What an incredible day! On Saturday, the huge Ron Paul delegation stood up for Liberty and Freedom at the Colorado State GOP convention. About half of the 380 National Delegate nominees expressed their support for Dr. Ron Paul and for our Constitution! These videos show our dedicated supporters winning at the Colorado Convention! Our supporters passionately spoke for Dr. Paul, the only true conservative still in this race!! http://www.intheory.tv/?p=173 Lynn Bartels of The Rocky Mountain News wrote: "All 380 candidates gave 15-second speeches that provided some of the biggest drama, laughs and boos of the day. Many backed John McCain for president, but Texas Congressman Ron Paul had a huge and lively contingent of supporters. Unfortunately, the CO State GOP Chairman, Dick Wadhams, refused us the opportunity to speak to the assembled delegates for 5-minutes. Shame! We have the best grassroots team of any candidate! Despite the mainstream media and GOP's attempts to marginalize Ron Paul, our movement for Liberty continues to grow! Americans are waking up and standing up for their Freedom! Millions of copies of Ron Paul's new book, "The Revolution -- A Manifesto" have been sold, and it was #1 on the New York Times and Amazon.com's bestsellers lists. The message is spreading like wildfire! Share Ron Paul's message of peace, hope and prosperity with your friends. This is your country! Freedom is a two-sided coin -- with our rights comes the responsibility to act! Ron Paul said it best -- "If we want to live in a free society, we need to break free from these artificial limitations on free debate and start asking serious questions once again. I am happy that my campaign for the presidency has finally raised some of them. But this is a long-term project that will persist far into the future. These ideas cannot be allowed to die, buried beneath the mind-numbing chorus of empty slogans and inanities that constitute official political discourse in America." It is up to us to carry the torch of Liberty forward! WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS FOR FREEDOM, OUR REPUBLIC AND CONSTITUTION!!! I AM SO PROUD OF EVERYONE IN COLORADO FOR STANDING UP FOR LIBERTY!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YFRl0Aj7XY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO0LIUiW7QM&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qPkZWDsf3U http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fl_hsTLz-c http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMgSh3oT3BQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWfIhFhelm8 http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/

Badger Paul
06-03-2008, 09:25 AM
Did we get any delegates or alternates in Colorado or not?

Maltheus
06-03-2008, 10:32 AM
Did we get any delegates or alternates in Colorado or not?

We definitely got alternates and I think a few delegates at the CD conventions, but we got nothing at state.

Our goal here was more to take over the party locally, rather than just trying to secure national delegates that won't be heard from anyway. Running stealth would have probably been better for the latter goal, but would have hurt us for what we ultimately wanted to achieve. I know the El Paso county chairman has been really working to make nice with us lately, after recognizing our numbers. And so were many of the McCain delegates at state. They won't vote for us yet, but they're starting to recognize how much they need us given what desperate straights the GOP is in, here in Colorado. The GOP use to run everything and they've lost almost everything to the Democrats.

speciallyblend
06-03-2008, 12:36 PM
please read,sign,and spread,do it live. http://www.lettertogop.com/

speciallyblend
06-04-2008, 06:21 AM
bump

scandinaviany3
06-04-2008, 08:29 AM
but then that would really start the second american revolution. RON PAUL is already in harms way ,but i would step in front of him if there was a threat.

What happens when they piss us off??? , we get more organized and active, nothing more active then a disgruntled voter, THERE IS A RIGHT WAY TO LOSE AND A WRONG WAY TO WIN, WE GAIN more republican support everyday mccain or his supporters speak, 4 months is an eternity in politics We have grassroots, mccain has debts eventually WE WIN, never say never, keep your chin up ok, I AM;) SEE YA IN ST PAUL SEPT 1st?????, ill buy you a big mac;)

This is a generational war..not a single election...we are not going away into that good night..we are fighting for our existence and do so every day until we are free once more...

Crickett
06-04-2008, 08:42 AM
I signed, and this is the best thread I have seen in MONTHS! WTG!

liberteebell
06-04-2008, 09:56 AM

You make some excellent and valid observations here regarding personal appearance.

Don't get me wrong: I fully support everyone's right to dress however they like and wear their hair any way they please. And I'm not one to "judge a book by its cover"; in my 50+ years, some of the finest people I've ever met were those who were serious non-conformers (haha, often only by outward appearances!). But as you point out, the Old Guard republicans generally don't think that way.

Right, wrong or indifferent, our appearance and how we present ourselves matters tremendously. In Virginia, after our straw poll in December, there were more blog posts about our "inappropriate" attire than there were about anything else we did or said. While no one was outrageously out of the mainstream, a number of people did have on jeans and tees and had straggly hair and beards. We learned the hard way.

I believe we should dress like we mean business and that we're on an important mission, and that means "mainstream" conservative business attire. It works more favorably to be overdressed. Plus, it gives them one less point of contention. The perception is that we're all young, wild, pot-smoking, anti-establishment hippies. It takes very little to change that perception.

Heh, we had this discussion at our convention; a couple of women my age and I were talking about how some people have actually said to us that they were surprised that we looked so "conservative" (probably were thinking "old" as well :rolleyes:), because when we attend these republican events, we wear business suits and sometimes even heels (ouch!!).

The pink hair may be a little much (hey, what's a little hair color for The Cause? Dye it pink again AFTER they get to know you) but long hair and facial hair on men is generally accepted as long as it appears neatly trimmed and well groomed.

It's a small price to pay to gain nearly instant acceptance.

And for those of you who are limited on funds, check out your local consignment and thrift shops (my favorite places to shop :D).

speciallyblend
06-04-2008, 11:27 AM
You make some excellent and valid observations here regarding personal appearance.

Don't get me wrong: I fully support everyone's right to dress however they like and wear their hair any way they please. And I'm not one to "judge a book by its cover"; in my 50+ years, some of the finest people I've ever met were those who were serious non-conformers (haha, often only by outward appearances!). But as you point out, the Old Guard republicans generally don't think that way.

Right, wrong or indifferent, our appearance and how we present ourselves matters tremendously. In Virginia, after our straw poll in December, there were more blog posts about our "inappropriate" attire than there were about anything else we did or said. While no one was outrageously out of the mainstream, a number of people did have on jeans and tees and had straggly hair and beards. We learned the hard way.

I believe we should dress like we mean business and that we're on an important mission, and that means "mainstream" conservative business attire. It works more favorably to be overdressed. Plus, it gives them one less point of contention. The perception is that we're all young, wild, pot-smoking, anti-establishment hippies. It takes very little to change that perception.

Heh, we had this discussion at our convention; a couple of women my age and I were talking about how some people have actually said to us that they were surprised that we looked so "conservative" (probably were thinking "old" as well :rolleyes:), because when we attend these republican events, we wear business suits and sometimes even heels (ouch!!).

The pink hair may be a little much (hey, what's a little hair color for The Cause? Dye it pink again AFTER they get to know you) but long hair and facial hair on men is generally accepted as long as it appears neatly trimmed and well groomed.

It's a small price to pay to gain nearly instant acceptance.

And for those of you who are limited on funds, check out your local consignment and thrift shops (my favorite places to shop :D).

This long-haired snowboard hippie was trimmed and combed and in a suit. I did put my national delegate shirt on and wore it with pride. I disagree on the shirt but understand the other concerns. The shirts were not the problem,it was the mccain folks who had nothing good to say about their own candidate,so they had to pick on shirts???? id say a strong majority of ron paul supporters were dressed just fine, they are lucky i didn't go nekkid :) (joking)

speciallyblend
06-04-2008, 05:18 PM
bump

speciallyblend
06-05-2008, 12:24 PM
bump for a office worker;)

speciallyblend
06-06-2008, 06:41 AM
bump

speciallyblend
06-17-2008, 09:17 PM
bump for minnesota