PDA

View Full Version : NEWSWEEK interview for June 8, 2008 excerpts:

wgadget
05-31-2008, 04:56 PM
http://www.newsweek.com/id/139448

szczebrzeszyn
05-31-2008, 05:00 PM
"Most of your supporters are libertarian. Why are you still a Republican?"

I'm sure he had some stats with him while asking that stupid question. Boring stuff.

fr33domfightr
05-31-2008, 05:12 PM
"Most of your supporters are libertarian. Why are you still a Republican?"

I'm sure he had some stats with him while asking that stupid question. Boring stuff.

I'm a Republican. I have been my whole life.

From one meetup I attended, someone taking an unscientific poll of the attendees found that most were previously Democrats and/or Independents.

I could see how lots of young voters could end up being in the Democratic Party. They hit their teens with Bush in office and saw him always supporting war and arrogance. Add to that the expanding budget, higher oil prices, etc., etc. and they believe all Republicans were that way. In the end, they'd probably say, if that party is like that, I'm going Democratic. George Bush is the largest reason the Republican Party is being destroyed.

FF

Liberty4Free
05-31-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm a Republican. I have been my whole life.

From one meetup I attended, someone taking an unscientific poll of the attendees found that most were previously Democrats and/or Independents.

I could see how lots of young voters could end up being in the Democratic Party. They hit their teens with Bush in office and saw him always supporting war and arrogance. Add to that the expanding budget, higher oil prices, etc., etc. and they believe all Republicans were that way. In the end, they'd probably say, if that party is like that, I'm going Democratic. George Bush is the largest reason the Republican Party is being destroyed.

FF

+1