PDA

View Full Version : The Missouri GOP convention has been adjourned...

Ceena
05-31-2008, 04:35 PM
The good thing is almost all of the challenged delegates were seated. The ones that weren't did not have proof of being registered voters or were Libertarian Party candidates.

The bad news is, a lot of the challenged delegates and alternates did not attend, so we did not have a majority.

The party platform passed without any amendments being added.

We did not get our slate of delegates to national passed.

There was a motion to adjourn the meeting before all of the resolutions were even read and voted on. This was at 4:12 pm when it was scheduled to end at 5:00. At least people could have waited and listened to them.

It was my feeling that there were quite a few people there that did not even understand what they were voting on, they were just prompted by other establishment types on how to vote. I even heard someone behind me say that they didn't even know what they were voting on, but they still voted and followed the sheeple.

I'm very disappointed.

Connie
Challenged But Seated Delegate
Edit/Delete Message

AJ Antimony
05-31-2008, 05:30 PM
Ron Paul people simply didn't show up??? Then they deserve this loss.

spacehabitats
05-31-2008, 05:54 PM
The bad news is, a lot of the challenged delegates and alternates did not attend, so we did not have a majority.How close was it? Did you have enough delegates to win if all the eligible RP delegates had attended?

Boy do these guys (the "enemy") know how to play the game! Just the threat of disqualification was enough to decimate our ranks! Then when the actual convention comes around they only actually disqualify a much smaller number giving the appearance of "fairness".

Beautiful!:rolleyes:

Oh well, this is the reason that I have been trying to discourage inflated expectations about this delegate thing. We have been playing with a rookie team on their home turf.

They tested our dedication and we blinked.

All of the challenged delegates should have planned on going even if they didn't get to sit. They could have joined the demonstration outside.

That's what we're planning for the RNC.

We're going to be there regardless. Its up to the GOP whether they would rather have us inside or outside the convention center.:)

Cowlesy
05-31-2008, 05:59 PM
damn it

ronpaulhawaii
05-31-2008, 06:22 PM
The good thing is almost all of the challenged delegates were seated. The ones that weren't did not have proof of being registered voters or were Libertarian Party candidates.

The bad news is, a lot of the challenged delegates and alternates did not attend, so we did not have a majority.

The party platform passed without any amendments being added.

We did not get our slate of delegates to national passed.

There was a motion to adjourn the meeting before all of the resolutions were even read and voted on. This was at 4:12 pm when it was scheduled to end at 5:00. At least people could have waited and listened to them.

It was my feeling that there were quite a few people there that did not even understand what they were voting on, they were just prompted by other establishment types on how to vote. I even heard someone behind me say that they didn't even know what they were voting on, but they still voted and followed the sheeple.

I'm very disappointed.

Connie
Challenged But Seated Delegate
Edit/Delete Message

Welcome to the forum, thanks for standing up for us.

Sorry to hear this.

Keep our eyes on the prize!

derdy
05-31-2008, 09:33 PM
We wouldn't have had a majority had all of the Ron Paul delegates shown up. We did very well in the five most populous counties in MO and we did okay elsewhere, but we were not expecting to have a majority. We were 34 delegates away from 1/3 of the delegates present, thus we were unable to stop any vote that required a 2/3 majority vote. Since we did not have that 1/3 we pretty much got spanked and couldn't get much accomplished.

The total number of delegates alloted was ~2,000 of which ~600 were Ron Paul supporters. We were very close to 1/3 of the delegates overall, but we were a little short.

The beginning was pretty comical. They sectioned off all of the challenged delegates (around 300 out of the 600 Ron Paul delegates) and had BIKERS WITH BIG BEARDS, PATCHES, THE WORKS TO STAND BY THE CHALLENGED DELEGATES TO INTIMIDATE US!! lol. My friend and I were just laughing at the absurdity of it all, let alone how Bubba and Spanky from Backwoods, Branson didn't look like they were all that tough anyways. :rolleyes:

More absurd than that, when the Credentials Committee read their report, THEY PRETENDED THAT THE CHALLENGES BROUGHT AGAINST THE ST. CHARLES COUNTY DELEGATES ON THE BASIS THAT THE CAUCUS WAS CONDUCTED IMPROPERLY NEVER EXISTED!! When they cleared all challenged delegates except save about 15, we had to have someone go up to the chair and ask if St. Charles was allowed to participate; we were. Therefore, they knew that their challenges were absolute bull, so much so that they didn't even want to mention that we were indeed challenged at the State Convention!

That just makes Rich Magee and the establishment MO GOP look like absolutely corrupt crooks in their conduct of the Congressional District 2 Convention in which all St. Charles Delegates were not allowed to participate for the reason stated above. (Audio of Convention here (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3040342498655770959)) We held a rump caucus since they weren't even following their own rules and it only shows to me that we were correct in doing this.

Of course, having two seperate Conventions in CD2 this meant that the matter was to be decided at the State Convention. Again, the establisment GOP pretended there was only one Convention and no rump, making no mention of the conflict. We had to bring that up to them, at which time they put it to the floor for a vote. The corrupt Convention was validated by the floor.

Although we were largely ineffective in being able to do anything at the State Convention, we would have done much worse had Dr. Paul not decided to hold a rally the previous night. I, and many other St. Charles County delegates (135 total) would not have bothered driving four hours to go to a Convention in which we would not be allowed to participate. The rally WAS AMAZING! Dr. Paul turned out ~1,800 people!!!! I know of many other delegates that had told me they weren't going until it was confirmed Dr. Paul was going to be there.

The person that filed the challenges against the St. Charles County Caucus (can't remember his name ATM) was also on the Committee that rules on whether or not a challenge is upheld, had a four-page hit-piece on Ron Paul supporters on the front page of their Republican newspaper which was circulated to all delegates at the un-official Convention business on Friday morning. Yours truly, was included in the article for my post here on Ron Paul forums. lol Apparently, helping others with strategy on how to win a caucus in a hostile environment is considered "deceiteful" according to the hit piece. I'll post that when I get someone to scan the article.

All in all, it was an interesting experience. Some seeds have been planted in my head, which is good, although at the present moment I feel like I wasted a perfectly good Saturday in a resort town with a lake and a lot of pretty ladies running around.

I learned that the Convention seems to be nothing more than a lot of verbal masturbation, speakers were even pandering to the Ron Paul supporters paying much lip service to the Constituion; solidfiying the "Us vs. them" mentality between Republicans and Democrats, it's so ridiculous, in fact, at one point high oil prices were blamed on Democrats! It seems no one wanted to probe the possibility that maybe, just maybe, their own failed policies could be to blame for some of the ills our nation - but no, just blame the Dems and pat yourself on the back. Good job. Go back to sleep. :rolleyes:

If the leadership or most of the delegates want to know why our country is falling to pieces, if they even realize it is, the first step is to look in the mirror and take a long hard critical look at themselves. To me, the Convention would've been much more enjoyable and productive if we had SERIOUS internal debates and constructive criticisms on many of the questionable policies many Republicans currently support.

To give you an idea of the childish mentality of many of the participants in the delegation, when one of our delegates from my CD stood and said that he had been trying for 30 minutes to be recognized by the chair, this drew "Awwwwwwww" from the crowd. That happened several other times at which point I shouted, "GROW UP!!!"

Seriously, but the Democrats and Al-Qeada are ruining the country :rolleyes:

pepperpete1
05-31-2008, 09:35 PM
Welcome to the forum, thanks for standing up for us.

Sorry to hear this.

Keep our eyes on the prize!

Thanks for the due dilegence. Space habitats has it right. We flinched when we should have been swinging.:(

derdy
05-31-2008, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the due dilegence. Space habitats has it right. We flinched when we should have been swinging.:(

We were there and we were swinging.

countrykidz4freedom
06-01-2008, 06:19 AM
I went to the convention, as an alternate (first time ever attending) was seated as a delegate, and although we did not get as much as we wanted accomplished, it was great to see so many Ron Paul supporters. Everywhere I looked, they were there. We were like 1/3 to their 2/3, which isn't bad at all, considering the media blackout.
Also, when I heard some old hardliners behind me grumbling about Ron Paul supporters, I let it go for a bit, then spoke up and set the story straight-the old guy tried to argue with me, but I insisted we had a right to have our voices heard thru our votes. I went to the convention with not very high expectations, although excited we would be seeing Ron Paul (which by the way was soooo Wonderful!!!!) but I came away from the convention feeling encouraged rather than discouraged, and in retrospect, even the old grumblers I kept hearing, was a good sign, it shows they know we are serious, and we are hanging in there.

It was so special to see Ron Paul in person,and shake his hand(hadn't counted on being able to do that, such a Terrific bonus)-there was a good turnout for the Freedom Rally, and the energy coming from all of us there was very empowering-now if we had that kind of turnout for the convention, we would have really gotten things going in the right direction-but we must remember that these things take time, and we continue working onward, spreading the message of Hope and Freedom.
Our voices were heard, we didn't have the majority, and that counted against us, but thankfully, when someone would bring up a point, it was considered. We have come a long way, we are not finished, but so glad to see the numbers of courageous people continue to grow. :)

Bruno
06-01-2008, 07:19 AM
I went to the convention, as an alternate (first time ever attending) was seated as a delegate, and although we did not get as much as we wanted accomplished, it was great to see so many Ron Paul supporters. Everywhere I looked, they were there. We were like 1/3 to their 2/3, which isn't bad at all, considering the media blackout.
Also, when I heard some old hardliners behind me grumbling about Ron Paul supporters, I let it go for a bit, then spoke up and set the story straight-the old guy tried to argue with me, but I insisted we had a right to have our voices heard thru our votes. I went to the convention with not very high expectations, although excited we would be seeing Ron Paul (which by the way was soooo Wonderful!!!!) but I came away from the convention feeling encouraged rather than discouraged, and in retrospect, even the old grumblers I kept hearing, was a good sign, it shows they know we are serious, and we are hanging in there.

It was so special to see Ron Paul in person,and shake his hand(hadn't counted on being able to do that, such a Terrific bonus)-there was a good turnout for the Freedom Rally, and the energy coming from all of us there was very empowering-now if we had that kind of turnout for the convention, we would have really gotten things going in the right direction-but we must remember that these things take time, and we continue working onward, spreading the message of Hope and Freedom.
Our voices were heard, we didn't have the majority, and that counted against us, but thankfully, when someone would bring up a point, it was considered. We have come a long way, we are not finished, but so glad to see the numbers of courageous people continue to grow. :)

Did Paul speak at the convention, or did he have to speak elsewhere like in MN the other day? Wondering what the old-timer's reaction was if they heard him speak.

MozoVote
06-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Daily Paul thread on Missouri:

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/50935