PDA

View Full Version : First Group Campground Confirmed!!

Susan Wolfe
05-31-2008, 01:49 PM
Camp Mawavi, located inside Prince William Forest Park, approximately 30 miles from DC in Triangle, Virginia, will accommodate 140 people in rustic log cabins.

Camping for two nights, from Friday, July 11 - Sunday, July 13, 2008 is only $20 per person including taxes!

Turkey Run Ridge Campground, also located at Prince William Forest Park, will accommodate 195 people for tent camping.

Camping for two nights, from Friday, July 11 - Sunday, July 13, 2008 is only $15 per person including taxes!

Per Person pricing includes $5 vehicle entrance fee, two night's lodging, and breakfast on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

NOTE: Neither campground allows "pay at the door" service. We have paid for these campgrounds already. You MUST pay for your camping by June 30th, via the online booking site at Revolutionary Travel (http://revolutionarytravel.eventbrite.com).

For more information, and to pay for your lodging now, visit Camp Mawavi (http://campmawavi.eventbrite.com) or Turkey Run Ridge Campground (http://turkeyrunridgecampground.eventbrite.com) online booking sites!

Thank you, and I look forward to seeing you there!

Susan

OptionsTrader
05-31-2008, 02:04 PM
Perhaps FEMA will drop a set of concentration camp walls from the air and catch everyone at once!

Susan Wolfe
05-31-2008, 02:22 PM
Perhaps FEMA will drop a set of concentration camp walls from the air and catch everyone at once!

lol! It used to be a training campground for the OSS, so perhaps they will!

OptionsTrader
05-31-2008, 02:22 PM
lol! It used to be a training campground for the OSS, so perhaps they will!

haha!

Perhaps the walls willl come from the ground :P

Susan Wolfe
06-01-2008, 02:09 AM
Earlier, I had someone accuse me of trying to make money off of people by charging $20 per person for the Mawavi campsite lodging.

I want to reassure you that I would NEVER try to take advantage of someone in that way. When I talked with people about campground lodging, the idea was discussed that, because we will be at a campground, perhaps we should at least offer a meal or two. Also, I didn't want people to arrive at the campground and be surprised that there is a $5 vehicle fee to enter the park.

So, if you will go to the link at http://campmawavi.eventbrite.com, you will find that the $20 per person rate includes two nights of lodging, the vehicle fee, S'mores on Friday night, and Breakfast both Saturday and Sunday mornings.

If $20 seems too expensive including your $5 vehicle fee, two nights cabin lodging, an evening snack and two days of breakfast, then please let me know. I can always just charge $5 per camper, and then people can worry about their own vehicle fees and their own meals, I guess. NOTE: $20 is not per night. It is for the entire weekend.

Anyway, I would appreciate if you would let me know what you think. Thanks!

raiha
06-06-2008, 06:14 PM
The rate is fantastic Susan.

FunkBuddha
06-06-2008, 07:05 PM
Too close to Quantico for us. We'll be up at Bull Run, but we may come down to visit. It's only 5 miles or so.

Susan Wolfe
06-06-2008, 09:46 PM
See you there! :)

royalProletariat
06-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Will their be transportation available from the camp to the city for those taking the RonVoy? (city buses, vans, or marchers..etc...)

...oh, and $20 is a great deal!

Susan Wolfe
06-13-2008, 05:18 PM
Will their be transportation available from the camp to the city for those taking the RonVoy? (city buses, vans, or marchers..etc...)

...oh, and $20 is a great deal!

For those who wish to stay at the campgrounds, but who will not have transportation other than the metro or bus routes: We will be providing shuttle van transportation from the campgrounds to the Franconia-Springfield metro station in Springfield, VA - about fifteen miles away from the campgrounds. Shuttles will also transport those travelers back to the metro station Saturday morning, very early, to take the metro in to DC, and after the march, shuttle transportation will be provided as well.

If you plan to fly to DC, but stay at the campgrounds, please plan to fly in to Reagan National airport. Take the metro from the airport to Franconia-Springfield metro station. Shuttles will be provided throughout the day on Friday, July 11th. Check-out is 12:00noon on Sunday, July 13th - shuttles to the metro station will be provided until 12:00pm that day.

In addition, for those taking the Ronvoy, and lodging at the campgrounds, you will drive your van from the campgrounds to the Franconia-Springfield metro station, where parking is available for free on Saturday. Park vans there, and take the metro in to DC, to the L'Enfant Plaza metro station - the closest metro to the march beginning point.

A day pass for the metro is $7.80 per person.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Susan

brandon
06-26-2008, 05:00 PM
I just made my reservations at Camp Mawavi. Who's with me??

Gin
07-05-2008, 06:58 PM
I just made my reservations at Camp Mawavi. Who's with me??

I'll be there Friday...