PDA

View Full Version : Two Florida Cities Want to Split Florida into Two States!

Knightskye
05-30-2008, 10:43 PM
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/may/08/me-two-cities-want-split-decision/

Dr. Paul would support them, right?

Minestra di pomodoro
05-30-2008, 11:36 PM
What has Ron Paul said on secession?

Razmear
05-31-2008, 12:06 AM
There is Florida and "Lower Alabama" which is what most the locals call the panhandle part anyways. There is already a social division, so if they want to split off thats fine.
And it wouldn't be secession cuz both states would still be in the US.

eb

Pauls' Revere
05-31-2008, 12:14 AM
Needles CA is considering it too.
http://www.bakersfield.com/opinion/columnists/robert_price/story/453867.html

Pauls' Revere
05-31-2008, 12:16 AM
What has Ron Paul said on secession?

My guess...It is our constitutional right and duty to do so.
http://www.secessionist.us/legality_of_secession.htm

idiom
05-31-2008, 03:40 AM
Ow Noes! Think of the Flags!All that new businesss for China as the try to figure out where to put the extra star :(

Kludge
05-31-2008, 03:51 AM
Ow Noes! Think of the Flags!All that new businesss for China as the try to figure out where to put the extra star :(

Would they be admitted into the Union if they split...?

Time for Change
05-31-2008, 08:18 AM
This all boils down to entitlement.
"We are entitled to more money for our governments to spend on our counties"
What is not front and center: the common practice of working as hard as possible to spend all allocated funds, efficient or not, in order to secure the same or more funds for the next year.
Second is culture wars.
This area is dominated by cuban / latin people.
The cubans already get preferential treatment (exempt from standard immigration protocol) free healthcare and welfare.
The remaining mixed latins get housing grants, free healthcare / welfare, etc.
They are not satisfied with that, they want more.
The local governments don’t have more to give, so they look to the state to oblige.
The state says NO.
Well, boohoo, we will separate and get our own money from the feds.

So they propose additional funds to misappropriate squander and hand out to non-citizens.
It is absolutely nuts.
You cannot drive 10 minutes in any direction here without running into road construction.
So...they DO have the money for that.
What do they want...all roads to be under construction, all the time?

I have said for years that a fence needed to be constructed at the dade county line, and give it to the cubans, but they want Broward and Palm Beach Counties too.
I'll give them broward, it has gone to hell anyway, but they cannot have Palm Beach as long as I live here.

If they want to separate, they should not be considered American...because they do not appear to be interested in actually embracing American culture, language, etc.
One cannot communicate with people in Dade county primarily because they are arrogant, and don’t care for americans.
I was at an ace hardware, and refused service because I did not speak spanish.
The same day, the same treatment at a BURGER KING! (Regardless of the fact that the signs were posted in English.)

Let them separate, fend for themselves and stop sucking our wallets with their sickening lack of consideration for Americans but the addiction to our cash flow.

foofighter20x
05-31-2008, 10:36 AM
Congress has to approve also...

See Article IV.

Kludge
05-31-2008, 10:39 AM
Congress has to approve also...

See Article IV.

o.0 Congress has to approve secession?

phixion
05-31-2008, 11:06 AM
One cannot communicate with people in Dade county primarily because they are arrogant, and don’t care for americans.
I was at an ace hardware, and refused service because I did not speak spanish.
The dame day, the same treatment at a BURGER KING! (Regardless of the fact that the signs were posted in English.)

What the funk!

Pete

Time for Change
05-31-2008, 12:18 PM
What the funk!

Pete

it is true!
Even up here in palm beach county I regularly encounter the sh**heads pretending they do not understand english.
I complain to the business owners and DO NOT spend any of my american dollars in their foreign establishments.

Hell, a couple years ago they tried to make spanish the official language.
What's that tell you?

Carehn
06-01-2008, 12:53 AM
This way we can give California to Mexico and not have to change the flag! I say we do it.

Knightskye
06-01-2008, 08:52 AM
o.0 Congress has to approve secession?

Section. 3.

New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new State shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or Parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.

The Congress shall have Power to dispose of and make all needful Rules and Regulations respecting the Territory or other Property belonging to the United States; and nothing in this Constitution shall be so construed as to Prejudice any Claims of the United States, or of any particular State.

I'm guessing the Florida state legislature and the Congress. Article IV only talks about making new states, but presumably... :D

Knightskye
06-01-2008, 08:54 AM
This way we can give California to Mexico and not have to change the flag! I say we do it.

We could just let California declare its independence. Then we wouldn't have to worry about the stars-on-the-flag problem and all those bigots worrying about the same sex marriage decision can relax.

EDIT: Whoops. Double posted.

Alex Libman
06-01-2008, 09:32 AM
I'm a big fan of urban secession. Politics should always be as local as possible, and the role of government that the people tend to prefer varies drastically with population density. And, after cutting out the major urban areas, the remaining states would look like swiss cheese, so splitting CA, FL, TX into several chunks would also make sense.

RideTheDirt
06-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Fuck that it's OUR state.That's what the illegals want!I have heard many ILLEGALS speaking of taking California by force.Fuck that. Everything is printed with English and spanish.fuck that.If they want to live here they should learn the motherfucking language.It is basically impossible to get a good job if you don't know both(I do, pretty much had to learn it to pass high school)I say if they want California and claim it is theirs then they better fucking take this shit, o wait they would get their fucking asses kicked in any type of war.:mad:

richardfortherepublic
06-01-2008, 02:01 PM
Like my Grandpa told me yesterday...

"If I were a young man like yourself, I'd join a Militia."

revolutionary8
06-01-2008, 02:10 PM
I wonder what the Imperialists would say about Florida's and California's secession. :D

Let them secede if they wish.

Carehn
06-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Fuck that it's OUR state.That's what the illegals want!I have heard many ILLEGALS speaking of taking California by force.Fuck that. Everything is printed with English and spanish.fuck that.If they want to live here they should learn the motherfucking language.It is basically impossible to get a good job if you don't know both(I do, pretty much had to learn it to pass high school)I say if they want California and claim it is theirs then they better fucking take this shit, o wait they would get their fucking asses kicked in any type of war.:mad:

dude! Its the same (well not as bad) in Idaho. Some of the schools are now teaching Spanish as the first language. I don't want to give California to Mexico because of all the Mexicans there. I want to give California to Mexico because California is so... Whats the word im looking for? Retarded! California is a shit hole! It was more then likely cool at one time but now its just a shit hole. And what do the fine people of your state do? They move away. move to Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, and some of the dumber ones move to Utah. Once there they tell every one how wonderful California is and if only we backwards hicks could be as educated and sophisticated as they are we to could have an over taxing, totalitarian yet life stile excepting sensitive shit hole of a state government. then because they have already forgotten why they moved away from the "west cost SSR" they flock to the voting booths furthering the californication of the state they have chosen to infect.

Ask most any one out west and they will tell you California is not part of it. Even their sports teams piss me off! Damn California! Damn it to hell.