PDA

View Full Version : Nv - Hot Off The Presses - Alert

pauletteNV
05-30-2008, 06:38 PM
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Republican Convention Reconvene Date Set

The press release below was sent out earlier today...

Also see here for more info:
http://nevada4ronpaul.com/reno/reconvene.html

PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Nevada Republicans to Reconvene Nevada State Republican Convention on June 28th.

RENO, NV, 5/30/08--- Nevada Republicans have decided to reconvene the Nevada State Convention at the Grand Sierra Resort in Reno on June 28th. The Nevada Republicans say that the State Party has made no move to reconvene and has refused a turn-key convention offer from a local donor.

“The State Party has really left us with no other option,” said Wayne Terhune, a local Republican activist who made the turn-key convention offer to the Party. “We feel the Nevada delegates deserve the chance to have their voices heard and finish this Convention process. The State Party has not followed through with their promises to reconvene, and it has been over five weeks. The Party kept telling us they would reconvene, first in a week, then in two weeks, then in June, and then maybe July. But there doesn’t appear to be any real plans to reconvene, and the delegates have a right to get together and complete the Convention.”

The Nevada State Republican Convention was abruptly recessed on the evening of April 26th. National delegates had been selected from Congressional Districts 1 and 3, and votes were still being counted from Congressional District 2. National at-large delegates had not been selected when the Convention was recessed. The Nevada State GOP has indicated they are working on a venue but have yet to schedule the Convention, despite having five weeks to do so.

In order for the Convention to reconvene, a quorum (a simple majority) of credentialed delegates must be present. If the quorum is present, all business can be conducted, including the selection of national delegates and passing resolutions.

“This isn’t about one candidate versus another,” said Pat Kerby, a Nevada State delegate from Nye County. “This is about credentialed Nevada State delegates getting together to form a quorum and finish the business of the State Convention.”

The Republican activists reconvening the State Convention are all credentialed state delegates from the State Convention on April 26th, and are inviting every credentialed state delegate to come and have their voice heard on June 28th. “We intend to do this right,” said Wayne Terhune. “Everyone will have a fair chance at this reconvening. We think our chances of getting a quorum are excellent, because so many Republicans want to get this process completed. This is our chance to get this done right.”

DIGG HERE: http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/NE...ion_on_June_28

DrSpock
05-30-2008, 06:48 PM
Excellent. Let us hope they are successful.

sratiug
05-30-2008, 06:57 PM
Yesssss!

IPSecure
05-30-2008, 06:59 PM
digg link is not working...

MozoVote
05-30-2008, 07:02 PM
This one works.

ht tp://digg.com/2008_us_elections/NEVADA_to_RECONVENE_State_Republican_Convention_on _June_28

Perry
05-30-2008, 07:19 PM
“The State Party has really left us with no other option,”
Other option than what?

UtahApocalypse
05-30-2008, 07:22 PM
Ok... can we see ANY links on a NV newspaper, tv, or radio site? A press release does no good if those that need to see it never do.

Second question.... if they are able to reconvene how can we know for sure who are credentialed delegates since the GOP is holding that information? I would bet the money in Vegas that if we can not verify each and every delegate there they will try to invalidate the rump convention.

humanic
05-30-2008, 07:22 PM
Godspeed Nevada.

wgadget
05-30-2008, 07:46 PM
Maybe they still have their little nametags that they were given at the door?

Cowlesy
05-30-2008, 07:55 PM
bump.

ItsTime
05-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Plan on voting the bastard out. You only need 50% to do that right?

Alawn
05-30-2008, 08:11 PM
“The State Party has really left us with no other option,”
Other option than what?

They are refusing to reconvene so the delegates are trying to get at least 50% of them together to finish it.

Voodoo
05-30-2008, 08:26 PM
Ok... can we see ANY links on a NV newspaper, tv, or radio site? A press release does no good if those that need to see it never do.

Second question.... if they are able to reconvene how can we know for sure who are credentialed delegates since the GOP is holding that information? I would bet the money in Vegas that if we can not verify each and every delegate there they will try to invalidate the rump convention.

First, this will go out to over 2,000 newspaper email addresses at midnight:

http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Feature-Article.htm?InfoNo=033949

Second, there is a way. Everyone who is credentialed has...credentials!

MozoVote
05-30-2008, 08:31 PM
The AP has picked up press release. It's being spread by the MSM:

http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=8403736
http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8403746
http://www.modbee.com/state_wire/story/314106.html

fr33domfightr
05-30-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm glad dedicated individuals took up this challenge. It really shows your desire to grab the bull by the horns to straighten out the party.

FF

pinkmandy
05-30-2008, 10:05 PM
Go Nevada!!!!

puppetmaster
05-31-2008, 01:24 AM
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2008/may/30/gop-convention-to-resume/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24898742/

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/50854

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/NEVADA_to_RECONVENE_State_Republican_Convention_on _June_28

pahs1994
05-31-2008, 01:36 AM
You guys kick ass in Nevada!!!

goldstandard
05-31-2008, 05:16 AM
bump

OptionsTrader
05-31-2008, 05:18 AM
If you guys need a chipin for ads, a trusted RPF member from NV should start one.

JustBcuz
05-31-2008, 05:25 AM
If you guys need a chipin for ads, a trusted RPF member from NV should start one.

There's already a couple set up on this page:

http://nevada4ronpaul.com/

itshappening
05-31-2008, 06:01 AM
this convention is going to award the whole slate to RP, they will never vote McCain after this shambles!!

rancher89
05-31-2008, 06:13 AM
Good luck Nevada, kick some butt!!!

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-31-2008, 06:47 AM
Yesssssssssss. Do it!

MozoVote
05-31-2008, 07:01 AM
Zachary Moyle is now spreading the F.U.D. that the state party will re-convene it .. somewhere in Reno .. when they make up their minds.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24884529/

I will admit, Sue Lowden made a good point in her radio interview a few days ago. The LDS delegates came to hear Romney. Will they show up for another convention? I hope the organizers of June 28 have a plan for that.

Jamsie 567
05-31-2008, 07:53 AM
You guys are all heros thank you!

Lucille
05-31-2008, 08:04 AM
Zachary Moyle is now spreading the F.U.D. that the state party will re-convene it .. somewhere in Reno .. when they make up their minds.

I will admit, Sue Lowden made a good point in her radio interview a few days ago. The LDS delegates came to hear Romney. Will they show up for another convention? I hope the organizers of June 28 have a plan for that.

MSNBC just updated a few minutes ago:

Update-Sparks dentist maintains offer to rent room for GOP convention, will set date (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24898742/)

News 4 spoke with Congressman Dean Heller about what Terhune is attempting to do.

"To walk away and not have a resolution at this point doesn't bode well for the state of Nevada," Congressman Dean Heller said. "Right now we don't have delegates for the national convention, and I think that's important for the state of Nevada to be represented. So I'm urging both sides to come together."

angelatc
05-31-2008, 09:02 AM
This is awesome. Way to make things happen, you guys!

spacehabitats
05-31-2008, 09:18 AM
As a former resident of Las Vegas (1992-2004), I am proud of the way you patriots in NV are taking it to the enemy.

Go Ron Paul!

soapmistress
05-31-2008, 09:33 AM
Good - getting the newspaper to run a story means you won't have to run classified ads to prove ample public notice was given to all delegates. Now we hope that a full quorum shows up... this is great news!

moostraks
05-31-2008, 10:38 AM
Way to go folks...We are pulling for you!!!

pahs1994
05-31-2008, 12:11 PM
Good - getting the newspaper to run a story means you won't have to run classified ads to prove ample public notice was given to all delegates. Now we hope that a full quorum shows up... this is great news!

I would run the classified ads anyways to cover our ass. You know the GOP won't be happy about this and will do whatever they can to discredit it.

brandon
05-31-2008, 12:21 PM
This is awesome. Good move NV.

Now if you get a quorum and elect your delegates, but the RNC breaks the rules and doesnt except your delegates, what are you all prepared to do? Are you prepared to show up at the RNC and claim your seats anyway, risking arrest?

SLSteven
05-31-2008, 12:25 PM

Good question. What are the odds of getting the quorum if we had the list?

brandon
05-31-2008, 12:27 PM
Good question. What are the odds of getting the quorum if we had the list?

I think they were offering to sell the list for $10,000. Maybe someone put the money up and bought it.

Voodoo
05-31-2008, 12:42 PM
I think they were offering to sell the list for $10,000. Maybe someone put the money up and bought it.

The list of credentialed delegates was not for sale at any price. The only list that was for sale was the aggregated list of all delegates elected from the county conventions, and even that was never a serious offer.

bojo68
05-31-2008, 01:33 PM
There has to be a way of proving who is credentialed. Even if it takes rounding up attendees from all the nominating entitys. One could Have several attendees swear before a notary public or judge that they witnessed the proceedings and the results of such if need be. Now's no time to let little details hang ya up...Go Get em Nevada, give this country and movement to be proud of, certainly the party has given us plenty to be ashamed of.

pauletteNV
05-31-2008, 01:43 PM
We were told multiple times to keep our delegate badges....and I certainly have mine. I suppose the Chairwoman (or whatever her designation was) of the credentialing committee could be supoenaed for information and verification, too. If this is a continuation after the recess, it would seem to me, she would be requried to participate, or hand her position to someone else. Any ideas here?

pauletteNV
05-31-2008, 01:50 PM

Shame Mitt Romney did such a poor job...I actually felt sorry for him. Apparently, he was the emissary from headquarters to rally the troops behind the third place candidate and he gave a dated, standup comedy act and looked very uncomfortable in his new role. Check out: http://www.nolanchart.com/article3609.html article entitled "orders from headquarters and the references to Mitt Romney's role at the NV Convention. Wonder what they have promised him?

pahs1994
06-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Bump!!1

crazyfacedjenkins
06-02-2008, 01:29 AM
great news, taking the offensive.

A Ron Paul Rebel
06-02-2008, 06:52 AM
This is awesome. Good move NV.

Now if you get a quorum and elect your delegates, but the RNC breaks the rules and doesnt except your delegates, what are you all prepared to do? Are you prepared to show up at the RNC and claim your seats anyway, risking arrest?

Lets be prepared to do the same or similar in St. Paul.

A Ron Paul Rebel
06-02-2008, 06:55 AM
so that we can start making a list and actively campaigning
against them in the future!

Lets let them know that their position is on shaky ground
and that we will steam roll the hell of them for fighting
against Dr. Paul.

EDIT: mispost

Join The Paul Side
06-02-2008, 08:21 AM
You guys in NV are true Patriots and my new heroes. :D

goldstandard
06-02-2008, 09:33 AM
I would run the classified ads anyways to cover our ass. You know the GOP won't be happy about this and will do whatever they can to discredit it.

QFT

georgiaboy
06-03-2008, 08:34 AM
You guys in NV are true Patriots and my new heroes. :D

Me too. Way to take it to 'em, within their own rules. Love it. And talk about a newsmaker. Maybe, maybe, maybe people will begin to look at all the pieces out there and start to ask questions, put things together...

Concerning the credentialling issue, you can always get a notarized list of the delegates who attend and vote at the new convention, videotape it all, have impartial witnesses, etc. Heck, even get a videotape/picture of each delegate in attendance one by one as they register for the new event. Afterward, if there is a challenge, you have all the proof you need to be able to compare the list of credentialled delegates from the previous convention to the new list you have.

georgiaboy

pauletteNV
06-03-2008, 11:15 AM
I heard this morning on KKOH radio the following: The "takeover group" might have a sanctioning problem because only certain people can call the meeting to order and none of those people are involved with the Ron Paul movement who are setting up the June 28 reconvenence. Bob Beers says: “good luck with that. We are not even sure that NV GOP can get together a quorum for the reconvening we are planning and may have to call for a mail-in ballot.”

If Bob Beers does not pick up that gavel on June 28th, so far as I am concerned, he is done in this State. I really think the true villian is the RNC in DC and Sue Lowden and other Las Vegas leadership, but if Bob Beers can't fulfill his duties as chairman when people gather, then now can he lead elsewhere? Does anyone know how we can check on who can legally (not that they bother with legalities unless it suit them) pick up the gavel and call the meeting to order. I was thinking it might be any Republican congressman, senator, or Party officer, but a quick run through the various rules, didn't reveal it to me. Dean Heller, Congressman from NV, has stated his eagerness to proceed, even when others are silent, so I've written to him saying he'd be "the people's hero" if he stepped up. Hmmmmmm?

Thomas_Paine
06-03-2008, 11:34 AM
This is an important and stunning development, if this convention is successful I think this will be out greatest victory yet.

Mopsus
06-03-2008, 11:48 AM
I believe the battle is still uphill folks. I spoke with a lady that answered the main line at the Las Vegas GOP and I generally asked who can call a convention to order and she started rattling off by-laws section and sub-sections like a robot. I'm guessing they've been inundated with these sorts of requests.

She said she'd e-mail the aforementioned by-laws (I'll believe it when I see it.) But basically, it sounds, according to her, as if Bob Beers is the only person authorized to call a convention to order; unless trumped by the RNC Executive Committee. Yeah right- that'll happen :rolleyes:

Someone please tell me my interpretation is wrong.

This sort of intransigent old-guard mentality will assuredly be fatal to Beers' political future.

Should you desire to contact the NV GOP, their number is 702-258-9182.

The fight still rages! Press on!

HOLLYWOOD
06-03-2008, 12:32 PM
I believe the battle is still uphill folks. I spoke with a lady that answered the main line at the Las Vegas GOP and I generally asked who can call a convention to order and she started rattling off by-laws section and sub-sections like a robot. I'm guessing they've been inundated with these sorts of requests.

She said she'd e-mail the aforementioned by-laws (I'll believe it when I see it.) But basically, it sounds, according to her, as if Bob Beers is the only person authorized to call a convention to order; unless trumped by the RNC Executive Committee. Yeah right- that'll happen :rolleyes:

Someone please tell me my interpretation is wrong.

This sort of intransigent old-guard mentality will assuredly be fatal to Beers' political future.

Should you desire to contact the NV GOP, their number is 702-258-9182.

The fight still rages! Press on!

This exactly what I was fearing and worried about... knowing the past history of party manipulation, all the way up to and during the national conventions sabotaging candidate delegates and rallies is frightening.

I'm not a Lawyer, but the NVGOP, along with McCain organization and the national GOP party may find some "LOOPHOLES' to exploit the rules, for their benefit and against US.

Fraud goes hand in hand with the government election parties.

I may be paranoid, I hope I'm wrong

pauletteNV
06-03-2008, 12:40 PM
Mopsus for making that call. I can see the uphill battle, but I'm sure as with most rules and regulations, there are exceptions. There was a youtube posted of Bob Beers speaking to a central committee on May 8th in Minden, NV (as I remember) during which he said that state conventions don't need to adhere to Robert's Rules. I'll have to look for that again as it raised my eyebrows. When you look at Robert's Rules, the State Convention Rules and the national RNC meeting rules, it almost looks as though they are the masters of creating loopholes. Why not just do the honorable thing and Call the meeting to order, Bob Beers and Sue Lowden?

At this point, I'm emailing the many media sources in Nevada with a pertinent question: "Doesn't it appear as though the NV GOP is more interested in NOT reconvening, than reconvening and actually electing delegates?" Right from the get-go on April 26th, they utilized delay tactics, then staged what appears to have been an illegal recess (right in the middle of a vote!), with Bob Beers promising to reconvene in a week, maybe two, then to the passage of many weeks and a donated ballroom and a date of June 7th, which they declined to accept (excuses and delays all along) to now, a date of June 28th and according to Channel 4 news, the GOP headquarters in Las Vegas doesn't even return their calls. This simply is not acceptable nor representative of the NV GOP to which I want to belong. Do the words "open door policy, big tent, and the Grand Old Standby 'conservative values' ring a bell anymore with any of these people?

pepperpete1
06-03-2008, 01:36 PM
According to the Nevada Republican Central Committee; Nevada –NRCC: ARTICLE 14: PARLIAMENTARY AUTHORITY
Section 1. Where not superseded by the Rules of the Republican National Committee, these Bylaws or the Nevada Revised Statutes not in conflict with the foregoing, the latest revision which has been in publication for at least two years of AROBERT=S RULES OF ORDER NEWLY REVISED@, shall govern all proceedings not set forth herein.

It is not a loophole , unless people believe him.

pepperpete1
06-03-2008, 01:40 PM
I heard this morning on KKOH radio the following: The "takeover group" might have a sanctioning problem because only certain people can call the meeting to order and none of those people are involved with the Ron Paul movement who are setting up the June 28 reconvenence. Bob Beers says: “good luck with that. We are not even sure that NV GOP can get together a quorum for the reconvening we are planning and may have to call for a mail-in ballot.”

If Bob Beers does not pick up that gavel on June 28th, so far as I am concerned, he is done in this State. I really think the true villian is the RNC in DC and Sue Lowden and other Las Vegas leadership, but if Bob Beers can't fulfill his duties as chairman when people gather, then now can he lead elsewhere? Does anyone know how we can check on who can legally (not that they bother with legalities unless it suit them) pick up the gavel and call the meeting to order. I was thinking it might be any Republican congressman, senator, or Party officer, but a quick run through the various rules, didn't reveal it to me. Dean Heller, Congressman from NV, has stated his eagerness to proceed, even when others are silent, so I've written to him saying he'd be "the people's hero" if he stepped up. Hmmmmmm?

(b) A Convention not yet Organized. Such a convention is similar to a mass meeting, already described in 69, in that when called to order it has no constitution, by-laws, or officers. It has the added difficulty of determining who are entitled to vote. In the mass meeting every one may vote, but in the convention none but properly appointed delegates may vote, and sometimes this is a very difficult question to determine justly. The convention must have been called by some committee, or body of men, who should have secured the hall and made the preliminary arrangements for the meeting. If the convention is a very large one, so that it is necessary to reserve the main floor of the hall for the delegates, the committee should allow only those to enter who have prima facie evidence of their right to membership, and in contested cases both sides should be admitted. The chairman of the committee should call the convention to order, and either he or some one the committee has selected for the purpose should nominate a temporary chairman and a temporary secretary. Next should come the appointment of a committee on credentials, whose duty it is to examine all credentials and report a list of all the delegates who are entitled to seats in the convention. When alternates have been appointed they should be reported also. While the committee on credentials is out, committees may be appointed on nominations of officers, on rules, and on order of business or program. In a large convention of this kind all committees should be appointed by the chair, and no one whose right to a seat is questioned should be placed on a committee until the convention has acted favorably on his case. Until the committee on credentials has reported, no business can be done except to authorize the chair to appoint the above mentioned committees. While waiting for the committee on credentials to report, the time is usually spent in listening to speeches. When the committee reports, the procedure is the same as just described in an organized convention. When that report has been adopted, the convention proceeds to its permanent organization, acting upon the reports of the other three committees previously appointed, taking them in such order as the convention pleases. When these reports have been acted upon, the convention is organized, with members, officers, rules, and program, and its business is transacted as in other organized deliberative assemblies. If the convention adopts rules only for the session, the committee on rules need recommend only a few rules as to the hours for beginning the meetings, the length of the speeches, etc., and a rule adopting some standard rules of order, where not in conflict with its other rules. If it is not intended to make a permanent organization, the organization just described is all that is necessary.

pahs1994
06-06-2008, 01:26 AM
Bump

speciallyblend
06-06-2008, 09:53 AM
reading this thread reminds me the mccain campaign is over, keep up the good fight Nevada.

i called the cogop to read the www.lettertogop.com , I was just curious if you had called the nevada gop about the letter?????

GO NEVADA

pauletteNV
06-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Note to speciallyblend. Actually I opted to email it as I've been in email contact with several of the principles and I know often the "office" just sort of "ah ha's" and "sure, we'll let them know" type of thing. So far, no response.

If there is anyone who has not signed this letter yet, or who has not forwarded it to everyone you know, please do so. The more signatures, the more punch.

puppetmaster
06-06-2008, 02:04 PM
bump

pahs1994
06-11-2008, 02:18 AM
bump

pauletteNV
06-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Anyone in NV heard anything new? I've heard things look better every day..........!

MozoVote
06-11-2008, 05:53 PM
There is a new website for the re-convention
http://nevadagopconvention.com/

Here's news from June 4, that I hadn't seen
http://test.reclaim.org/2008Election/NV_Republican_Party_Argues_with_Its_Own_Delegates