PDA

View Full Version : "Footage you weren't supposed to see"

rpfan2008
05-30-2008, 11:53 AM
Spin (http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/43.html):eek::eek:

Artist Brian Springer spent a year scouring the airwaves with a satellite dish grabbing back channel news feeds not intended for public consumption. The result of his research is SPIN, one of the most insightful films ever made about the mechanics of how television is used as a tool of social control to distort and limit the American public's perception of reality.

Take the time to watch it from beginning to end and you'll never look at TV reporting the same again. Tell your friends about it. This extraordinary film released in the early 1990s is almost completely unknown. Hopefully, the Internet will change that.

The One
05-30-2008, 12:47 PM
I've been watching for a while now, and I've yet to see anything particularly jaw-dropping.

RonPaulFever
05-30-2008, 01:00 PM
I've been watching for a while now, and I've yet to see anything particularly jaw-dropping.

Same here. I was already aware that politicians routinely steer away from certain questions and that Pat Robertson is a 1st class douchebag.

Perry
05-30-2008, 01:07 PM
Well...for us this may be nothing new but the sheep might yet be shocked by this.
It's actually an excellent video for people that are still living completely in the dark so don't knock it. You don't wake your wife up by dumping ten gallons of ice water on her. Rather you wake her gently.

pcosmar
05-30-2008, 01:10 PM
I thought the part about the Democratic Candidate (that I never heard of) was interesting.
I saw parallels to Ron Paul's campaign.
If it were not for the internet, he would have disappeared.

rpfan2008
05-30-2008, 01:12 PM
Well, I found Larry Agran part bit shocking because its exactly what happened to RP.

and is it possible to get such feeds nowadays ,I guess not they are scrambled, right?

rpfan2008
05-30-2008, 01:14 PM
I thought the part about the Democratic Candidate (that I never heard of) was interesting.
I saw parallels to Ron Paul's campaign.
If it were not for the internet, he would have disappeared.

exactly I had to replay it several times to get it.

Larry Agran (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Agran)

Paulitical Correctness
05-30-2008, 01:23 PM
I remember posting this on a message board a while back and the sheeple told me it was "edited liberal propoganda". :rolleyes:

To us, nothing new. To sheeple, bullshit. For someone on the fence, perhaps a great tool for awakening..

slacker921
05-30-2008, 01:44 PM
another source.. http://www.moviesfoundonline.com/spin.php

The off camera comments by Larry King are very interesting..

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-30-2008, 05:44 PM
You don't wake your wife up by dumping ten gallons of ice water on her. Rather you wake her gently.

Uh-oh. :D

I thought this was a decent video along those lines, myself.

gerryb
05-30-2008, 07:27 PM
I remember posting this on a message board a while back and the sheeple told me it was "edited liberal propoganda". :rolleyes:

To us, nothing new. To sheeple, bullshit. For someone on the fence, perhaps a great tool for awakening..

How can it be "edited liberal propaganda" .. most of it was showing corruption within Democratic Party circles! Once a good deal of backshow shenanigans of Bush & Co. comes out, THEN it will be liberal propaganda!

szczebrzeszyn
05-30-2008, 07:49 PM
I've never heard about Agran before. Pretty sad story.

Rhys
05-30-2008, 08:42 PM
neat

DirtMcGirt
05-30-2008, 09:52 PM
The Agran part was interesting never heard about him and the last 10 minutes was decent...

Grimnir Wotansvolk
05-30-2008, 10:20 PM
Most of it was pretty unsurprising, even the Larry Agran part, until it reached the conversation between Clinton and Larry King:

"Turner's a big fan of yours...he'll serve you, if you know what I mean"

What the unholy fuck.

Knightskye
05-30-2008, 10:54 PM
Thank god for YouTube.

"Turner's a big fan of yours...he'll serve you, if you know what I mean"

What the unholy fuck.

"Give him a call after the election."

Seriously.

And that David Agran part made me think of the media's treatment of Ron Paul.

How do we get people to watch this?

Oh, and is this how the Bill O'Reilly clip got out? Someone taped their satellite feed of O'Reilly before they "turned it into news"?

Knightskye
05-30-2008, 11:16 PM
Pardon the double post. This needs attention.

"We don't have shit to say, but my managers want me to go on air and shock the shit out of you."

That part reminded me of that Chris Matthews clip - "We're overreacting here and putting on shit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ0GONn7s54)."

Expatriate
05-31-2008, 03:15 AM
Wow. I didn't know there had ever been a candidate sidelined by the media like Ron Paul before. I had never even heard of Larry Agran.

Great find, OP.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-31-2008, 06:47 AM
Wow. I didn't know there had ever been a candidate sidelined by the media like Ron Paul before. I had never even heard of Larry Agran.

Paul almost broke free. I'm sure there are many who never saw the light of day.