PDA

View Full Version : More Levin Shenanigans

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-24-2007, 12:10 PM
This letter to Levin is from one of our Meetup members:

Mr. Levin,

I thought it in rather poor taste to post on your web site a picture of a man dressed as a woman with Ron Paul's face super imposed to it. I attempted to post a positive comment with regards to Ron Paul and, of course, this comment never made its way onto the board. Quite suspiciously, I was then unable to access your web site from my work computer as though my IP was blocked. When I returned home that evening I posted from my home computer to test my theory and, again, the post was ignored and I was no longer able to access your show's web site from my home computer. If this sort of blatant censorship were happening from the left, I would understand because I would expect such censorship and bias from a left-wing talk show host and mainstream media. But apparently, my support of Ron Paul has caused me to fall out with my own Republican Party. War enthusiasts have taken hold of the party and it is a shame.

Ron Paul embodies nearly everything that you have claimed to support in the past. Both you and Sean Hannity should be reporting on the success of this man's campaign but instead you refuse to even go so far as to treat his supporters with the sort of dignity you provide the listeners who fawn all over you (the only ones that get to speak!!), even going so far as urging people to call Congressman Paul's office and tell him to drop out of the race! I have listened to your show long enough to know that you profess a desire to limit the size of government and yet an individual with such high integrity who takes on the size of government and attempts to protect our liberties everyday, is put down by you - his countless supporters portrayed as imbeciles and kooks.

You can pretend that there is censorship in the media all you want but it is you who censors people, making you a hypocrite. Perhaps cruelty and disdain is part of the "entertainment" of your show and you do it for ratings. But if you are omitting all Ron Paul calls and then telling your listeners we are kooks and imbeciles without giving us a chance to speak, you are the evil equal of the left-wing media.

Sincerely,

[Name Removed]
Former Fan of Talk Radio

TheConstitutionLives
08-24-2007, 12:11 PM
Alright. This Levin thing is wearing me out.

JPFromTally
08-24-2007, 12:20 PM
Actually, it's a good thing. As Ann Coulter has learned: Notoriety is better than being unknown.

I never knew who she was until people started getting angry with her. Then I read a couple of her books and found that I didn't agree with her. But how many did?

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-24-2007, 01:08 PM
Yeah, I'm done with this petulant child too. If anything, one more email, subject header "We're turning you off, and your advertisers with you."

belian78
08-24-2007, 01:28 PM
seriously, start emailing the station it'self and the sponsors of his show. let them know that this kind of immature, and downright biased activity reflects negatively on them. see how fast this crap stops.

*that is if you feel inclined to do anything about it at all.