PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy this Ron Paul shirt? Maybe wear to the march?

christagious
05-29-2008, 11:20 PM
EDITED:

Thanks for the replies to those who replied, I think I'm going to just focus on my city council run rather than trying to start a business. I was honestly just looking for a way to get myself out of some debt, stop the bill collectors from calling, and be able to afford to donate to other campaigns/rEVOLutionary causes, and my own campaign for a Democrat-filled city council. I think I'm going to hang up the entrepreneurial towel for now and just focus on getting more involved with local politics and running for city council, like I just said probably 7 times in this paragraph. Thanks for the feedback though
I'm just being honest, and I don't want anybody thinking I was trying to ride the coattails of the rEVOLution to make a quick buck. I'm honestly sorry if I made any of you think that.

dirknb@hotmail.com
05-29-2008, 11:28 PM
I already have at least 1 million Ron Paul shirts. I don't have room in my closet for another even if I wanted one.

christagious
05-31-2008, 12:36 AM
Edited

Joseph Hart
05-31-2008, 01:12 AM
anybody else? help a fellow rEVOLutionary out! :(

Uhhh, I think "vendor"(Lobbyist) should stay out of the "forums"(Congress)

Agent CSL
05-31-2008, 11:08 AM
Sorry but no. You took an old design that everyone has 5 of, slightly tweaked it, and then solicited here. Try a new design. I like the way it would wrap around the side. But like I said, old design, you just used the old graphics... Nothing new. Nothing exciting. Sorry.

Joseph Hart
05-31-2008, 11:58 AM
Oh and were not trying to be mean :)

CurtisLow
05-31-2008, 03:30 PM
I don't digg it..sorry

christagious
05-31-2008, 10:00 PM
EDITED: nevermind.

NEPA_Revolution
05-31-2008, 10:06 PM
I like the shirt, but I would rather it from a non profit organization.

christagious
05-31-2008, 10:33 PM
I'm just bumping this so that those who read the original thread can read my edited original post. Sorry everybody, I think my intentions may have been misinterpreted.

Nirvikalpa
05-31-2008, 10:40 PM
You should set up a CafePress account and make designs and stencils - I'm sure there are people that would buy if you use your own designs and ideas. :)

christagious
05-31-2008, 10:48 PM
You should set up a CafePress account and make designs and stencils - I'm sure there are people that would buy if you use your own designs and ideas. :)

thanks for the advice. How have you done on there? I see you're using it to get through college? I'm a college student too, barely getting by. Have you had any sales on there yet? Maybe it can be used to fund my campaign, plus pay tuition and books perhaps?

Jamsie 567
05-31-2008, 11:07 PM
Hey Chris,

If you feel strong about something don't let anyone tell you what a good idea is. I think a lot of the grassroots Paul supporters that I have met are typically making goods at cost and covering their expenses. Let me share a story with you when I thought of the November 5th idea many people told me it was a bad idea because the controversy and the donation for 100 bucks was to high. I had people threaten me to take down the video. I didn't listen to any of them I did what I felt was right. Just believe in your self that is all that matters do not seek anyone heres approval it means nothing.

Good luck,

Nirvikalpa
06-01-2008, 01:46 AM
thanks for the advice. How have you done on there? I see you're using it to get through college? I'm a college student too, barely getting by. Have you had any sales on there yet? Maybe it can be used to fund my campaign, plus pay tuition and books perhaps?

I received one sale, and it was worth it - it was someone on here that bought a RP design xD BUT, I have not in any way really promoted my store... there are tons of search engines and 'button plug' sites I could have used to generate more profit.

Here are some tips if you want to go about this...

Get the right programs. I recommend Abobe if you do not already have some of their design software. Illustrator and Photoshop are the two programs that are a must for good -looking, professional graphics. You can get trial versions here (http://www.adobe.com/downloads/)

Illustrator is a better program if you're making designs from scratch - Photoshop is mostly image editing, and working from an image.

The pen tool in illustrator is your best friend. Read up on tutorials. (http://www.gurusnetwork.com/tutorial/pen/3/)

Make unique designs - or improve an old one. Such as: use the rEVOLution logo, and think about what you can do with it to make it unique. Think outside the box. You can use the 'O' in the word to form a female sign and put text on the bottom "Women for the Ron Paul Revolution," or something like that:

http://heartbomb.org/rp2008/example.jpg
done horribly quickly. lol.

It takes a lot of practice. Theres always room for improvement. Here's something I just finished making in Illustrator, to give you an example of what you can do in Illustrator: http://heartbomb.org/rp2008/circle4.jpg

You just have to practice, make unique designs, and hope for the best really. You can PM me if you have any other questions or need help with stuff or whatever.