PDA

View Full Version : ANy News from SPokane?

Crickett
05-29-2008, 08:57 PM
The convention started today. I heard we would be there in FORCE..any forces happen?

nate895
05-29-2008, 09:14 PM
It starts tomorrow.

DrSpock
05-29-2008, 09:53 PM
I have seen some pictures of the delegate meeting. It is a very large group. Deception and treachery aside, we could do very well this weekend.

amy31416
05-29-2008, 09:58 PM
I have seen some pictures of the delegate meeting. It is a very large group. Deception and treachery aside, we could do very well this weekend.

May Spokane and Washington State live long and prosper.

DrSpock
05-29-2008, 10:08 PM
May Spokane and Washington State live long and prosper.

Peace and Long Life.

http://mindblob.typepad.com/mindblob/images/live_long_and_prosper.jpg

erin moore
05-29-2008, 10:12 PM
We are moving to WA this summer (Ft. Lewis) I'm leaving all my decals on and hoping to find some like-minded individuals that way.

nate895
05-29-2008, 10:30 PM
We are moving to WA this summer (Ft. Lewis) I'm leaving all my decals on and hoping to find some like-minded individuals that way.

If you're coming here, and wish to meet RP supporters, go to Spokane. Ron Paul received 12% of the primary vote, when the race was still competitive. He got as many votes in Spokane County as King County, which has 4x the population.

4Horsemen
05-29-2008, 11:57 PM

Are you in the Army?

erin moore
05-30-2008, 12:03 AM
yes. my husband is active duty.

DrSpock
05-30-2008, 12:20 AM
It seems the majority of the delegates/alternates have shown up. This convention could be quite interesting.

Edit: That is just a tally of the RP people. I have no idea how the McCain supporters are turning out.

RonPaulGuyEastWA
05-30-2008, 01:03 AM
It seems the majority of the delegates/alternates have shown up. This convention could be quite interesting.

Edit: That is just a tally of the RP people. I have no idea how the McCain supporters are turning out.

We had a very large group at the meeting tonight and there's more coming into town tomorrow. The State GOP is up to it's dirty tricks again and is violating state law http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=29A.80.020 by forcing a "McCain only" pool of delegates to be voted on to attend the national convention for the 19 "primary vote delegates", 1 in each of 9 congressional districts and all 10 at-large delegates. That means Paul supporters can't go and vote for McCain on the first round and then support Paul after that if McCain didn't win in the first round at National.

If the state GOP is successful in cheating, that means only 2 "caucus delegates" will be up for grabs in each congressional district for a total of 18. I'm sure we'll get at least some delegates out of this whole mess.

The GOP sent a letter out asking everyone to support the McCain-Romney-Giuliani-Huckabee-Thompson slate - LOL. They will do anything legal or illegal to keep Paul out.

We've also been forwarned that the police and/or DHS have been asked to search delegates on the way in tomorrow and to minimize any items that might be prohibited (even though no one knows what is "prohibited.") They will not be violating my 4th Amendment rights tomorrow and I suspect there will be others who also practice civil disobedience.

They have also hired at least 39 off-duty police officers for "security" as well as additional security staffers. The funny thing is, the only thing being attacked is liberty.

Kalifornia
05-30-2008, 01:04 AM

Im moving as well, in July. Will be somewhere in Puget Sound area, at least at first.

DrSpock
05-30-2008, 01:17 AM
We had a very large group at the meeting tonight and there's more coming into town tomorrow. The State GOP is up to it's dirty tricks again and is violating state law http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=29A.80.020 by forcing a "McCain only" pool of delegates to be voted on to attend the national convention for the 19 "primary vote delegates", 1 in each of 9 congressional districts and all 10 at-large delegates. That means Paul supporters can't go and vote for McCain on the first round and then support Paul after that if McCain didn't win in the first round at National.

If the state GOP is successful in cheating, that means only 2 "caucus delegates" will be up for grabs in each congressional district for a total of 18. I'm sure we'll get at least some delegates out of this whole mess.

The GOP sent a letter out asking everyone to support the McCain-Romney-Giuliani-Huckabee-Thompson slate - LOL. They will do anything legal or illegal to keep Paul out.

We've also been forwarned that the police and/or DHS have been asked to search delegates on the way in tomorrow and to minimize any items that might be prohibited (even though no one knows what is "prohibited.") They will not be violating my 4th Amendment rights tomorrow and I suspect there will be others who also practice civil disobedience.

They have also hired at least 39 off-duty police officers for "security" as well as additional security staffers. The funny thing is, the only thing being attacked is liberty.

I understand there are groups within the group who are attempting to deal with our various problems. I can only hope they are more successful than others have been in this situation.

Remember that many of the old school GOP will be upset by this violation. Take advantage of that.

The first few hours will set the pace. I wish you luck.

Crickett
05-30-2008, 07:00 AM
good luck to all