PDA

View Full Version : Nevada not planning to reconvene?

AJ Antimony
05-29-2008, 08:33 PM
http://www.politicallore.com/election-2008/ron-paul-still-making-his-mark/311

Now the latest word is that the convention will not be re scheduled like the party said it would, but that the State Committee may choose the delegates themselves and by pass the convention process, and yes it is perfectly legal because rule 17 of the RNC, which covers vacancies in a state delegation says vacancies should be filled by the rules of the state party, or if the state party. Then if the state rules do not provide a method, then state laws should be used and if there are no state laws regarding how to fill vacancies, then the rule says that the state party should make every effort to elect those individuals filling the vacancies in the delegation in the same manner as the delegates were originally elected or by vote of the state Republican Party executive committee or if the state executive committee has not filled the vacancy by ten (10) days prior to the convention, by vote of the state delegates.

NEPA_Revolution
05-29-2008, 08:35 PM
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k153/teddyr14/bullshitflag.gif

I am flying the Bullshit Flag here. This is rediculous.

ItsTime
05-29-2008, 08:35 PM
they are now stealing elections. What are you going to do nevada?

RideTheDirt
05-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Fuck

psio
05-29-2008, 08:40 PM
Good coincidence, I was just about to ask what happened with Nevada.

If the above article is correct, which it probably is unfortunately, I feel sorry for you guys. Let me tell you though, the world is still behind you.

psio
Ron Paul supporter from Sweden

AJ Antimony
05-29-2008, 08:41 PM
I still say all the delegates should quorum themselves. If we can organize moneybombs and rallies, then there's no reason Nevada can't organize a rump.

ItsTime
05-29-2008, 08:43 PM
We need to make a deal with huck supporters. to give them some of the delegates at the rump to get a quorum.

I still say all the delegates should quorum themselves. If we can organize moneybombs and rallies, then there's no reason Nevada can't organize a rump.

AJ Antimony
05-29-2008, 08:47 PM
We need to make a deal with huck supporters. to give them some of the delegates at the rump to get a quorum.

Maybe 1 delegate...

Remember they canceled the god damn convention because they knew we had the numbers to take most if not all the delegates. What were we about to get? 7 of the 9 district delegates?

No, you contact every single delegate, get their YES's and NO's if they would quorum on their own, and for the people who wouldn't want to (probably McCain people), you just call in the alternates.

Bruno
05-29-2008, 08:49 PM
Bastards!

qh4dotcom
05-29-2008, 08:50 PM
Good coincidence, I was just about to ask what happened with Nevada.

If the above article is correct, which it probably is unfortunately, I feel sorry for you guys. Let me tell you though, the world is still behind you.

psio
Ron Paul supporter from Sweden

Welcome to the forum psio

ItsTime
05-29-2008, 08:51 PM
Maybe 1 delegate...

Remember they canceled the god damn convention because they knew we had the numbers to take most if not all the delegates. What were we about to get? 7 of the 9 district delegates?

No, you contact every single delegate, get their YES's and NO's if they would quorum on their own, and for the people who wouldn't want to (probably McCain people), you just call in the alternates.

I wonder what they would have done in the 1800s if they pulled this shit :confused:

Would they get a quorum or would they grab something else?

http://zapfu.com/files/thejtxr62qgok3izmdv9.jpg (http://zapfu.com/)

UtahApocalypse
05-29-2008, 08:51 PM
wow.

therealjjj77
05-29-2008, 08:55 PM

A vote against McCain is a vote for Ron Paul.

ItsTime
05-29-2008, 08:59 PM
why the hell did they even have an election if this is what they can do?

AJ Antimony
05-29-2008, 09:00 PM
why the hell did they even have an election if this is what they can do?

It's part of the show

Fyretrohl
05-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Is there any evidence to support this 'rumor'? If we get all worked up over nothing, we look bad.

ItsTime
05-29-2008, 09:05 PM
Rand Paul has said the same thing at rallies.

Is there any evidence to support this 'rumor'? If we get all worked up over nothing, we look bad.

AJ Antimony
05-29-2008, 09:06 PM

Good question. Although we know for sure the Nevada GOP is full of shit. That one private citizen donated a room for them to reconvene yet they rejected it.

Whether this is link is true or not, in either case the Nevada delegates SHOULD be working to quorum on their own.

brandon
05-29-2008, 09:14 PM
They should really attempt to form a quorum without Bob Beers.

Fyretrohl
05-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Well, I seem to recall reading that the party won't release the lists so that we know who to invite.

So, maybe a chip in for a state wide front page type announcement?

AJ Antimony
05-29-2008, 09:42 PM
Well, I seem to recall reading that the party won't release the lists so that we know who to invite.

So, maybe a chip in for a state wide front page type announcement?

Jesus they won't even release the list of delegates??

Ranger29860
05-29-2008, 09:44 PM
Jesus they won't even release the list of delegates??

im really fuzzy on all of this can some one point me to a post that has all the details about what went down at the convention?

yaz
05-29-2008, 09:48 PM
:mad:

jblosser
05-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Man, the NV party bylaws suck. A lot of states have minimal quorum requirements for things like electing national delegates, but between the bylaws and state election code they barely mention the convention at all.

AJ Antimony
05-29-2008, 10:38 PM
im really fuzzy on all of this can some one point me to a post that has all the details about what went down at the convention?

RP state delegates were in control and were about to elect many delegates to the national convention who were in support of Paul, not McCain.

The Nevada republican party then pulled typical republican shit by, without a vote from the floor, adjourning the meeting with the excuse that they went past the allotted time they were given by the hotel to use their big room. Bullshit.

So now everyone is waiting for the convention to reconvene so the process can finish and delegates can be elected. Everyone except the establishment Nevada republicans.

sratiug
05-29-2008, 11:29 PM
I still say that Beers should be arrested for stealing convention materials during an active convention if he took anything that belonged to the convention when he left.

brooklyn
05-30-2008, 12:01 AM
The Nevada GOP sucks. They're still trying to bend us over a barrel-no matter what we come up with they say no to.
They will not release the list-they are still dictating the terms.
We are not agreeing to a mail-in.
We are trying to come up with course to take on our own but it needs to be the correct one.
We are aware the nation and parts of the world still have their eyes on us and we are NOT giving up or GOING AWAY.
Leadership is still working hard behind the scenes and we are still seeking direction.
No one I talk to is quitting, giving up, or has slackened their resolve to see this to the end.
I cringe everytime I pass the bill boards on the highway that have Beers face on them and I think how much filth, disarray, and dishonor he has brought to this state and our election process.

libertarian4321
05-30-2008, 12:23 AM
The Republican Party is utterly corrupt- not surprising, really- look at the "head of the party" in the White House.

jasonhlasvegas2008
05-30-2008, 01:13 AM
I have heard absolutely nothing about this. I think the indications are that they are doing everything they can to prevent reconvening, but there is no data to confirm this specific tactic. I don't know where the author found out this information.

MozoVote
05-30-2008, 06:29 AM
If they hold the convention at all, it will be in August, for the following reasons. Robert's Rules of Order, quoted in red.

{p.84} "In the event of ... extreme emergency, if the chair believes taking the time for a vote on adjourning would be dangerous to those present, he should declare the meeting adjourned - to suitable time and place for an adjourned meeting (if he is able), or to meet at the call of the chair."

Of course it's a stretch to use this clause... a self-imposed time limit, when the following morning had been reserved as available, isn't an emergency. But whatever. Suppose for the sake of argument, Beers and Lowden make the case that there was a health hazard for so many people to stay in an unlit ballroom.

Bob Beers "recessed" the meeting. Even Robert's Rules confesses that {p.83} "The distinction between recess and adjournment may in some cases become so thin so that it must be judged in the individual context."

In effect, this was an adjournment, and when the convention re-convenes, it is an adjourned meeting.

But beware!

{p.87-88} "Important rules relating to the continuance of a question from one session to the next depend on whether no more than a quarterly time interval intervenes between the two sessions."

{p.82} "In the case of a state or national organization that holds annual or biennial conventions, each convention constitutes a session..."

{p.229} "When the adjournment closes the session in a body that will not have another regular session within a quarterly time interval ... The business that is unfinished at the time of adjournment falls to the ground."

The end result of all this, is they would use an August convention to cause all the voting to expire on the delegates being elected in April. It would be essentially, a "new" convention.

jblosser
05-30-2008, 09:40 AM
That all hinges on the "adjournment" at the declaration of the chair based on the notion of "extreme emergency;" absent that there's no way to do the adjournment without vote, and it's doubtful even that would stand if a member objected or called for a vote.

Having a second convention (as in an independent one, not a "second day" of one) is one of the few things Nevada Statute speaks to, and they can't:

"NRS 293.163 Selection of delegates and alternates to national party convention and members of national committee by state convention in presidential election year.

1. In presidential election years, on the call of a national party convention, but one set of party conventions and but one state convention shall be held on such respective dates and at such places as the state central committee of the party shall designate. If no earlier dates are fixed, the state convention shall be held 30 days before the date set for the national convention and the county conventions shall be held 60 days before the date set for the national convention."

jblosser
05-30-2008, 09:47 AM
It's important to understand what the actual parliamentary situation is here.

As I understand it, the chair *announced* a "recess" and walked out. He has no authority to do so--given objection by a single member, there had to be a vote to recess. There has been objection, so this is the situation. As the offense is ongoing (abuse of delegate rights is continuous), the offense does not "expire" and full remedies are available to the delegation, including declaring the chair vacant and electing a new one.

However, there is no quorum available to hold any vote, so the actual problem at this time is loss of a quorum. If a quorum is restored, moving past the abuse of the chair is straightforward.

I'm not over there to really have all the details but if the argument can be reasonably made that the delegates who broke quorum did so to intentionally participate in the abuse of the rights of body, a rump is probably in order once other remedies have been exhausted.

dvdrink
05-30-2008, 09:49 AM
Dear Ron Paul supporters:

WE DON'T WANT OR NEED YOU.

Signed,
The GOP

Barr '08

jblosser
05-30-2008, 09:52 AM
Dear Ron Paul supporters:

WE DON'T WANT OR NEED YOU.

Signed,
The GOP

Barr '08

It's good to know we can count on human nature to not change. People have to pick fights with those near to them, ensuring we're always divided and unable to work together for actual liberty.

There's nothing wrong with multiple people running but this obsessive desire to play "my candidate/party can beat up your candidate/party" is the opposite of useful.

MozoVote
05-30-2008, 11:28 AM
I'm not over there to really have all the details but if the argument can be reasonably made that the delegates who broke quorum did so to intentionally participate in the abuse of the rights of body, a rump is probably in order once other remedies have been exhausted.

I agree with your conclusion - there is videotape ofthe McCain delegates skulking in the back of the convention room, refusing to be counted.

brooklyn
05-30-2008, 05:51 PM
We are reconvening at the Grand Sierra Resort June 28th!!!
I hope every RP supporter will show up who can whether you are a delegate, alternate, or supporter.
Lets make our voice HEARD LOUD AND CLEAR.
Let Nevada be heard across the country.
Watch out for snakes!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Nevada Republicans to Reconvene Nevada State Republican Convention on June 28th.

RENO, NV, 5/30/08--- Nevada Republicans have decided to reconvene the Nevada State Convention at the Grand Sierra Resort in Reno on June 28th. The Nevada Republicans say that the State Party has made no move to reconvene and has refused a turn-key convention offer from a local donor.

“The State Party has really left us with no other option,” said Wayne Terhune, a local Republican activist who made the turn-key convention offer to the Party. “We feel the Nevada delegates deserve the chance to have their voices heard and finish this Convention process. The State Party has not followed through with their promises to reconvene, and it has been over five weeks. The Party kept telling us they would reconvene, first in a week, then in two weeks, then in June, and then maybe July. But there doesn’t appear to be any real plans to reconvene, and the delegates have a right to get together and complete the Convention.”

The Nevada State Republican Convention was abruptly recessed on the evening of April 26th. National delegates had been selected from Congressional Districts 1 and 3, and votes were still being counted from Congressional District 2. National at-large delegates had not been selected when the Convention was recessed. The Nevada State GOP has indicated they are working on a venue but have yet to schedule the Convention, despite having five weeks to do so.

In order for the Convention to reconvene, a quorum (a simple majority) of credentialed delegates must be present. If the quorum is present, all business can be conducted, including the selection of national delegates and passing resolutions.

“This isn’t about one candidate versus another,” said Pat Kerby, a Nevada State delegate from Nye County. “This is about credentialed Nevada State delegates getting together to form a quorum and finish the business of the State Convention.”

The Republican activists reconvening the State Convention are all credentialed state delegates from the State Convention on April 26th, and are inviting every credentialed state delegate to come and have their voice heard on June 28th. “We intend to do this right,” said Wayne Terhune. “Everyone will have a fair chance at this reconvening. We think our chances of getting a quorum are excellent, because so many Republicans want to get this process completed. This is our chance to get this done right.”

MozoVote
05-30-2008, 05:54 PM
Yeah! :D RUMP BUMP!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/120/284135047_dab5fa8b25.jpg

It's no rumor, here's a press release:
http://nevada4ronpaul.com/reno/reconvene.html

MozoVote
05-30-2008, 06:15 PM
And here is Sue Lowden! Skip to the 3:20 mark. Sounds like she is planning a competing effort with mail in ballots. "It's so easy to do!" :rolleyes:

http://search.everyzing.com/viewMedia.jsp?dedupe=1&col=en-all-public-ep&index=9&e=19989576&il=en&num=10&scol=pod&mc=en-all&start=0&q=Design+management&expand=true&match=query,channel&filter=1

AJ Antimony
05-30-2008, 06:26 PM
Woo Hoo!

brooklyn
05-30-2008, 07:45 PM
WoW. First time I ever heard Lowden describe us as "constitutionalists"! Even the description of us as "pure in their thinking" and how the GOP has "welcomed" us to run for offices?
Seems like a real mindf__k is going out to the listeners.
:rolleyes:

wowabunga
05-30-2008, 08:45 PM
And here is Sue Lowden! Skip to the 3:20 mark. Sounds like she is planning a competing effort with mail in ballots. "It's so easy to do!" :rolleyes:

http://search.everyzing.com/viewMedia.jsp?dedupe=1&col=en-all-public-ep&index=9&e=19989576&il=en&num=10&scol=pod&mc=en-all&start=0&q=Design+management&expand=true&match=query,channel&filter=1

The graphic of the reporter Sam Shad is too funny holding that little electric hedge trimmer... and then saying that "He Cuts Thru the Clutter"

Here's a real chainsaw tote'n feller:
http://www.chainsawartdirectory.com/chainsaws.htm

puppetmaster
05-30-2008, 08:51 PM
http://http://www.nevada4ronpaul.com/

jblosser
05-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Yeah! :D RUMP BUMP!

It's no rumor, here's a press release:
http://nevada4ronpaul.com/reno/reconvene.html

This wouldn't be a rump, it's just reconvening and ending the "recess".

MozoVote
05-30-2008, 09:19 PM
This wouldn't be a rump, it's just reconvening and ending the "recess".

Well the NVGOP won't sit still for this, so we can expect a competing slate of delegates to come to St. Paul. The RNC gets to decide "Who's rumping who?"

Those who reconvened in Reno according to Nevada State party rules *should* be seated, but considering the tactics we've seen so far, I do not trust the RNC.

DrSpock
05-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Well the NVGOP won't sit still for this, so we can expect a competing slate of delegates to come to St. Paul. The RNC gets to decide "Who's rumping who?"

Those who reconvened in Reno according to Nevada State party rules *should* be seated, but considering the tactics we've seen so far, I do not trust the RNC.

This does seem to be the most likely outcome.

It is unfortunate but I have come to expect it.

Republican's 08
The ends justify the means

Matt Collins
05-31-2008, 12:55 PM
I am flying the Bullshit Flag here. This is rediculous.

http://mikeytherhino.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/no_bullshit.jpg

Matt Collins
05-31-2008, 01:02 PM
I wonder what they would have done in the 1800s if they pulled this shit :confused: A duel? :D

Matt Collins
05-31-2008, 01:03 PM
The RNC gets to decide "Who's rumping who?" :eek:

Somehow I think the American People will be on the receiving side of this.... but will we get a reach around? What about a kiss? At least hopefully some Vaseline.

pauletteNV
05-31-2008, 01:37 PM
At the very least, we will showing them we ain't just gonna take it anymore. It's not an easy fight, but since the June 28th reconvene requires a simple majority, wouldn't any other convention need the same? They'd better not convene anything without this delegate...
the Nevada GOP would be punishing their own voters because the RNC in DC told them too and should this happen, I'd suggest small claims court for return of money involved in "participating" in a rigged election....or something. We here in Nevada don't take kindly to revenuers.

I think the immediate tactic now should be getting as many delegates of whatever persuasion to this reconvene venue and getting out the word what a bad choice and how really unpopular McCain is. He is even pro Yucca Mountain, a very unpopular stance in Nevada. As a show of support, this might be an event where "backups" in a pre or post rally might be advantageous. We need to draw as much press as possible.