PDA

View Full Version : Will we have 4,000 people on the boards the night of the Convention?

Knightskye
05-29-2008, 04:41 PM
The most we've had on the boards is 4,009, on January 3, 2008 (the night of the Iowa Caucus).

We usually get a lot of people in here the night of something big. The counter says we have 2,800 active members and, like, 19,000 registered.

How many will show up? And how many will be at the Convention protesting? :D

Jeremy
05-29-2008, 04:43 PM
depends if we're able to make a big deal out of it

rancher89
05-29-2008, 04:44 PM
I'll have my laptop at the convention, I'll check in. I wish I had a way to record stuff from the convention. Any ideas for a fiscally conservative broke person??

The husband can take pictures with his phone, but no video.

I have a digital camera that will take video, but I'm not sure I want to take it into the convention hall or that I will even be allowed to.....

ClayTrainor
05-29-2008, 04:48 PM
yea, i'll be checking in on my iphone (assuming i have on by then) ;)

yongrel
05-29-2008, 04:49 PM
Not even close.

Knightskye
05-29-2008, 04:50 PM
I'll have my laptop at the convention, I'll check in. I wish I had a way to record stuff from the convention. Any ideas for a fiscally conservative broke person??

The husband can take pictures with his phone, but no video.

I have a digital camera that will take video, but I'm not sure I want to take it into the convention hall or that I will even be allowed to.....

$7.89 - you get what you pay for. ;)
http://www.b2c-support.com/a-480k-usb-webcamcameraweb-cam-for-pc-micsnap-shot-p-129.html

DrSpock
05-29-2008, 04:52 PM
The most we've had on the boards is 4,009, on January 3, 2008 (the night of the Iowa Caucus).

We usually get a lot of people in here the night of something big. The counter says we have 2,800 active members and, like, 19,000 registered.

How many will show up? And how many will be at the Convention protesting? :D

It seems unlikely since most of the "hardcore" supporters will be at the convention. I do however expect a noticeable increase of members online.

Bryan
05-29-2008, 05:05 PM
No - we won't, because our new downgraded server won't be able to handle it. Our current one couldn't handle the 4,000 even after many of the forum features were disabled.

I'm sure we'll see a good spike- I'll be hanging out in the chat room then. :)

Knightskye
05-29-2008, 05:06 PM
It seems unlikely since most of the "hardcore" supporters will be at the convention. I do however expect a noticeable increase of members online.

I think the curiosity and nostalgia will get to them. :)

DrSpock
05-29-2008, 05:19 PM
I think the curiosity and nostalgia will get to them. :)

That is completely possible.

I believe that a significant presence at the convention will have an impact on our efforts in the future and so I will remain guardedly optimistic about the turnout in St. Paul.

I plan on attending but due to the fact that my transporters are off line I am forced to seek more conventional means of transportation.