PDA

View Full Version : Could Ron Paul have scored higher in Idaho if McClellan story broke earlier?

Join The Paul Side
05-29-2008, 03:08 PM
When the McClellan story broke on Tuesday, people in Idaho were out at the polls voting. If this story would have come out over the weekend, do you think Ron Paul might have done a little better than 24%?

And will this story get Ron a more votes in South Dakota?

OptionsTrader
05-29-2008, 03:10 PM
I do not know what magnitude of an effect this will have or how it may all play out, but it cannot hurt RP's numbers.

yongrel
05-29-2008, 03:11 PM
No.

Kludge
05-29-2008, 03:13 PM
Eh, no more then the margin of error...

I'm pulling out .04% as the amount of people that suddenly realize how fucked the GOP are, and begin to question why.

crazyfingers
05-29-2008, 03:43 PM
I don't think it really matters. Yeah it's something for the media to talk about for a few days, but other whistleblowers have already come out with information that is just as (if not more) damaging to the administration. Everybody who is willing to accept the truth already knows it, IMO.

yongrel
05-29-2008, 04:56 PM
To elaborate on my previous post...

I have yet to see any large scale, or even medium scale reaction to the McClellan book from the public. There has been no protests in the street, no upset people interviewed on cable news, and not even many upset bloggers.

Show me otherwise, and then we can talk about election implications of any sort.

Maltheus
05-29-2008, 04:57 PM
He might have scored better in Idaho if he actually showed up in Idaho instead of hanging out in Phoenix and San Diego. The truth is, Ron Paul isn't running anymore. We are, on his behalf.

And I don't think McClellan's book will have much of an impact on anything. Nobody cares how we got into the war anymore. And those who still support the war never did care. It may make it a little harder for McCain in the general election, but will have no effect on the conventions.

Knightskye
05-29-2008, 05:00 PM
He might have scored better in Idaho if he actually showed up in Idaho
:mad:
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-releases/294/ron-paul-freedom-rally-at-the-college-of-idaho-april-25/

Maltheus
05-29-2008, 05:20 PM
:mad:
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-releases/294/ron-paul-freedom-rally-at-the-college-of-idaho-april-25/

I guess I should have clarified, just prior to, or the weekend of the convention.