PDA

View Full Version : Homeland Security Agents Reveal Illegal 'Shotgunning' Practice

speech
05-29-2008, 02:37 PM
A few days after I was illegally stopped by a Homeland Security roving patrol late at night along SR86 in Southern Arizona, the news article appearing below was published in the Arizona Daily Star. The article discusses two Border Patrol agents who are suing the Department of Homeland Security for retaliating against them. The agents publicly revealed information regarding an often practiced but illegal enforcement technique known as ’shotgunning’ by other DHS agents.

According to the whistleblowers, ’shotgunning’ occurs when agents on Roving Patrol stop vehicles absent reasonable suspicion and make up an excuse for the stop after the fact. This practice is illegal because agents are required to have reasonable suspicion BEFORE initiating a stop, not after.

Of course many of us who live within one hundred miles of the Southern border have been aware of this common intimidation tactic utilized by Homeland Security agents for years.

I was the target of just such an illegal stop on May 14th and blogged about it here. Additionally, a video of the incident is available on YouTube below:
http://waronyou.com/2008/05/homeland-security-agents-reveal-illegal-shotgunning-practice/

Kade
05-29-2008, 02:40 PM
A few days after I was illegally stopped by a Homeland Security roving patrol late at night along SR86 in Southern Arizona, the news article appearing below was published in the Arizona Daily Star. The article discusses two Border Patrol agents who are suing the Department of Homeland Security for retaliating against them. The agents publicly revealed information regarding an often practiced but illegal enforcement technique known as ’shotgunning’ by other DHS agents.

According to the whistleblowers, ’shotgunning’ occurs when agents on Roving Patrol stop vehicles absent reasonable suspicion and make up an excuse for the stop after the fact. This practice is illegal because agents are required to have reasonable suspicion BEFORE initiating a stop, not after.

Of course many of us who live within one hundred miles of the Southern border have been aware of this common intimidation tactic utilized by Homeland Security agents for years.

I was the target of just such an illegal stop on May 14th and blogged about it here. Additionally, a video of the incident is available on YouTube below:
http://waronyou.com/2008/05/homeland-security-agents-reveal-illegal-shotgunning-practice/

Wow... um...bump.

Matt Collins
05-31-2008, 12:40 PM
Government at it's best

sidster
05-31-2008, 01:57 PM
Good for this guy! The same CheckpointUSA person!!

The patrol guy that refused to id himself and did not specify
why he stopped the guy, then got in his car and simply left the
scene should be fired and never be allowed any position of
authority with any gov. agency. That's not to mention DHS
should be dismantled for good and its high ranking officials
tared and feathered!

Uriel999
05-31-2008, 02:19 PM
LOL, "shit he wants my name the reason I pulled him over, he must be Ron Paul supporter, must get in car and get the hell out of here!"