PDA

View Full Version : Why it is good for us that Republicans lose

winston_blade
05-29-2008, 01:11 PM
I was thinking, that districts that usually go Republican may go democrat this cycle. I think, naturally, as the Dems screw things up, the districts will swing back to the GOP. This is good because an RP Republican won't have an incumbent to face in the primary (which is tough to do). Those districts will probably then elect an RP Republican because they are tired of Dems being silly. I hope that made sense. I didn't sleep much last night. What do you all think of this?

MRoCkEd
05-29-2008, 01:12 PM
i guess the same would work for the presidency - if mccain loses in a landslide, and obama screws things up - perhaps the gop will be more open to nominating someone with more traditional stances who could then win

LittleLightShining
05-29-2008, 01:13 PM
That works. And another thing to consider-- conservatives won't fall into complacency and let their legislators slide just because they are Republicans.

RideTheDirt
05-29-2008, 01:13 PM
It happens every mid term election, the party opposite of the president gains more seats than the incumbents party.

pinkmandy
05-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Chuck Baldwin wrote a great piece on this subject:

http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin438.htm

I tend to agree with him. If Obama wins, maybe it will jolt the conservatives enough to get informed and fight back.

LittleLightShining
05-29-2008, 01:23 PM
Chuck Baldwin wrote a great piece on this subject:

http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin438.htm

I tend to agree with him. If Obama wins, maybe it will jolt the conservatives enough to get informed and fight back.This is where I first read that thought, too.

micahnelson
05-29-2008, 01:23 PM
i guess the same would work for the presidency - if mccain loses in a landslide, and obama screws things up - perhaps the gop will be more open to nominating someone with more traditional stances who could then win

They don't want to win. They want power. If winning means having to cede power, they would rather lose.

Why else do millionaires fight so hard for a 400,000 a year job.

AJ Antimony
05-29-2008, 01:31 PM
Oh yeah you've got it. LOTS of Congress seats will go (D) in November and even the President will go (D). In other words, there's going to be a shitload of Democrats. Not only do voters in general move quickly do break this up, but some people think that times are going to be so bad coming up, that whoever wins for President this year might not see a second term.

UnReconstructed
05-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Even if McCain wins there will still be a Democrat president.