PDA

View Full Version : Rupert Murdoch predicts landslide for Dems

therealjjj77
05-29-2008, 12:07 PM
CARLSBAD, California (Reuters) - News Corp Chief Executive Rupert Murdoch on Wednesday predicted a Democratic landslide in the U.S. presidential election against a gloomy economic backdrop over the next 18 months.

Murdoch has yet to endorse a U.S. presidential candidate but considers Barack Obama very promising...

Story here (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080529/pl_nm/usa_politics_murdoch_dc;_ylt=ArnW_6q_dS8BkcFHTdK1Q 6fCw5R4).

therealjjj77
05-29-2008, 12:07 PM
Why am I not surprised? :rolleyes:

phixion
05-29-2008, 12:09 PM
You can't make this sh*t up.

Pete

acptulsa
05-29-2008, 12:10 PM
And by God old Rupert intends to deliver on his promise--er, prediction!

Johnnybags
05-29-2008, 12:13 PM
after the Bush admin ya think the republicans would go back to their roots, Nah, lets pick a sure loser, John McCain and while we are at it, lets let the dems sweep thru congress. They missed their chance with Ron, thats for sure, thank the media and the corporate cronies. I can see the debates now, a sure loss for the bumbling McCain.

dannno
05-29-2008, 12:35 PM

:D

LittleLightShining
05-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Why am I not surprised? :rolleyes:Yeah, duh.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
05-29-2008, 01:59 PM

you people are insane

acptulsa
05-29-2008, 02:04 PM
you people are insane

I think I'll depend on the doctor's opinion on that. Not that I don't think you're qualified, mind you, just that I prefer the diagnosis of one who observes it to one who lives it, that's all.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
05-29-2008, 02:06 PM
I think I'll depend on the doctor's opinion on that. Not that I don't think you're qualified, mind you, just that I prefer the diagnosis of one who observes it to one who lives it, that's all.

You beleive Rupert Murdoch is controlling the outcome of the election?

acptulsa
05-29-2008, 02:08 PM

I believe you aren't qualified to judge me. I don't even think you have a sufficient sense of humor to tell if I'm serious or not.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
05-29-2008, 02:12 PM
I believe you aren't qualified to judge me. I don't even think you have a sufficient sense of humor to tell if I'm serious or not.

With what you have already presented, I wouldnt put any wacky belief past you.

acptulsa
05-29-2008, 02:14 PM
With what you have already presented, I wouldnt put any wacky belief past you.

I believe Mitt Romney's sideburns are small, gray, bristly and not associated with or near any major intellectual capacity...

acptulsa
05-29-2008, 02:25 PM

All right, you hooked me. The more I think about it the more I regret shutting down your usual method of attack with an early parry to your clumsy thrust. Go ahead and make me look like an idiot by persuasively arguing that the guy who put the biggest media empire since Hearst and Luce has no particular power and wouldn't misuse it if he did because the Austrialia native is such a patriotic American. I'm actually dying to hear it...

Kade
05-29-2008, 02:39 PM
All right, you hooked me. The more I think about it the more I regret shutting down your usual method of attack with an early parry to your clumsy thrust. Go ahead and make me look like an idiot by persuasively arguing that the guy who put the biggest media empire since Hearst and Luce has no particular power and wouldn't misuse it if he did because the Austrialia native is such a patriotic American. I'm actually dying to hear it...

Mitt is right again. Murdoch's new empire is so blatantly biased it makes Katherine Harris look like Jody Foster. If all his hard work promoting the insanity that is Fox News has failed, all Murdoch can do is ride the gravy train... he has had some effect, but not enough to decide it completely.

acptulsa
05-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Mitt is right again. Murdoch's new empire is so blatantly biased it makes Katherine Harris look like Jody Foster. If all his hard work promoting the insanity that is Fox News has failed, all Murdoch can do is ride the gravy train... he has had some effect, but not enough to decide it completely.

At least Hearst and Luce had some understanding of subtlety. I guess we should be grateful Murdoch doesn't.

therealjjj77
05-29-2008, 02:48 PM
I would hope to suggest that Murdoch has wanted this outcome the whole time. He certainly does not have the ability to do so by himself but along with how many other elite cronies that help drive the masses; I'm sure coordination is not past speculation.

However, to others here, like myself, who deal with old GOP members a lot, this kind of information can prove very useful, but late, in persuading them to shut off their TV, put down the paper, turn off the radio, and look at the facts.