PDA

View Full Version : Rochester, MN

itshappening
05-29-2008, 11:04 AM
lets hope there is a good turn out for Dr. Paul!!

can't believe this chairman, he should be removed!!! :mad::mad:

Ron Paul to speak in Rochester

Not invited to MN GOP convention, Ron Paul to speak to delegates before the gavel drops

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

May 27, 2008

Minneapolis, Minnesota – Presidential candidate and Congressman Dr. Ron Paul will speak to his supporters, and other delegates and alternates to the Minnesota Republican State Convention, Friday morning, May 30, at 7:30 AM at the Mayo Memorial Park, 30 Civic Center Drive, Rochester MN. The park features an amphitheater setting adjacent to the rear of the Mayo Civic Center where the convention is to be held.

After repeated requests for an invitation, the Republican Party of Minnesota’s Chairman, Ron Carey, issued a letter to Marianne Stebbins, Minnesota Campaign Coordinator for Ron Paul 2008 PCC, denying Ron Paul a speaking opportunity at the convention. (Letter attached.)

“I put in five calls to the MN GOP over the past several weeks, requesting a simple yes or no on letting Dr. Paul speak, with no response,” said Stebbins, “and only received the written denial following a demand for response via certified mail. So the Ron Paul campaign extends our invitation to all GOP state delegates and alternates to hear for themselves why this remarkable man has created such a stir in this presidential election.”

When the gavel drops in the Civic Center at 9:00 AM, Stebbins anticipates the convention Rules Report will favor the MN GOP Chairman’s picks for national delegate, allowing only “qualified” candidates to appear on the ballot, to be named later by the Nominating Committee, while not defining such qualifications. Paul’s supporters will appeal to the delegates of the convention to amend the rules in the interests of fairness and openness to allow for all who filed their intent to run with the MN GOP to appear on the ballot.

“Other challenges to the rules may be brought in an orderly fashion,” said Stebbins, “by no means as an attempt to disrupt the convention, but strictly to favor an open, democratic process to allow for the delegation to make decisions about whom it wishes support, as opposed to an orchestrated election of unopposed, backroom candidates.”

MN GOP Chairman, Ron Carey, last week sent an email (attached) to party officers urging them to turn out their McCain delegates, forwarding an email message from the Ron Paul campaign as an additional motivator. Contrary to Carey’s claims, the vast majority of caucus attendees voted against McCain.

Marianne Stebbins, Minnesota Campaign Coordinator for Ron Paul 2008 PCC stated, “Ron Carey is misusing his office of Chairman to encourage turnout only of delegates for one candidate. The Republican Party Bylaws clearly forbid this activity. If Mr. Carey wishes to actively campaign for one candidate and for his slate of candidates for national delegate, he should relinquish the Chair to someone who can more impartially handle the duties of the office.”

Dr. Ron Paul, tenth-term Congressman from Texas, is one of two candidates remaining in the Republican race for President, and has earned seven national delegates so far out of Minnesota. With his new book, The Revolution: A Manifesto, now in its third week on the New York Times Bestseller List, he remains in the race to offer conservatives an option in the primaries, and to spread the message of Liberty, Peace and Prosperity.

Michael Landon
05-29-2008, 12:10 PM
I hope Carey gets kicked out of his chairman spot.

- ML

bucfish
05-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Considering the GOP is actively spending money on McShame's behalf and it is against their bylaws not to mention they are discriminating against Paul supporters is their any legal action that can be taken?

acptulsa
05-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Probably a preview of what we can expect in September. Too bad that park would be so far from St. Paul's convention center.

tajitj
05-29-2008, 05:28 PM
May 30
1. Ron Paul Freedom Rally at the Minnesota GOP Convention
Mayo Memorial Park, 30 Civic Center Drive, Rochester, MN
7:30 AM CT

Let this be a little preview of the rally in September in your great state. I hope to make it up there to feel some excellent Fall weather.

djlindholm
05-29-2008, 10:00 PM
How long do you think Ron will speak for?

10 minutes? 30 minutes?

I'm just curious how long these usually last...

ChrisInMN
05-30-2008, 04:50 AM
How long do you think Ron will speak for?

10 minutes? 30 minutes?

I'm just curious how long these usually last...

I'm heading down there right now to put up the PA system and get the fun started. Sounds like there's a full schedule today, but Dr. Paul is expected to speak from 8am-8:45 and if internet access is working there, I'll post real soon where you can get live streaming video and audio.
If internet access there is not working, I will stream the speech regardless once I get home. I'm not planning on staying for the convention but I will be there to help tear down equipment.

ChrisInMN

SLSteven
05-30-2008, 08:32 AM
Only 200 Paul supporters in Rochester rally??

http://wcco.com/local/gop.convention.minnesota.2.736487.html

wgadget
05-30-2008, 08:47 AM
Got video?

wgadget
05-30-2008, 08:48 AM
Only 200 Paul supporters in Rochester rally??

http://wcco.com/local/gop.convention.minnesota.2.736487.html

200 not bad for a 7:30am rally on a workday.

Just sayin'. I wonder how many McInsane would get at that hour of the day?

SLSteven
05-30-2008, 09:32 AM

Yes, Minnesotans are probably home recovering from their exhaustion from paying all of those taxes.

ChrisInMN
05-30-2008, 09:32 AM

Just sayin'. I wonder how many McInsane would get at that hour of the day?

There were more than 200.. I would guess it was approx 400. It was in a huge park so it's tough to say exactly. I've got the video of it and working on encoding now. Sorry folks, the internet connection out there wasn't too good or else I would have streamed it live.
They are trying to change the rules for the convention, but with all the Ron Paul supporters there, it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

ChrisInMN

SLSteven
05-30-2008, 09:35 AM
There were more than 200.. I would guess it was approx 400.

That sounds better. The article didn't seem too supportive. I didn't know if it was accurate.

Michael Landon
05-30-2008, 09:35 AM
Keep us updated on the progress.

- ML

salsero96
05-30-2008, 09:50 AM
Theres a video online now...

http://news.postbulletin.com/newsmanager/templates/localnews_story.asp?z=42&a=345255

Michael Landon
05-30-2008, 09:57 AM
Awesome. I wish I could have been there to see it.

- ML

ChrisInMN
05-30-2008, 10:43 AM
That post bulletin video is only 4 mins long. If you want to see the speech in its entirety, please visit my justin.tv channel by clicking here: http://www.justin.tv/chrisinmn

I will replay the entire speech at the top of this hour (noon central time) on that channel. Then I'll get the vids posted on youtube for everyone else to watch.

Thank you

ChrisInMN

wgadget
05-30-2008, 10:45 AM
There were more than 200.. I would guess it was approx 400. It was in a huge park so it's tough to say exactly. I've got the video of it and working on encoding now. Sorry folks, the internet connection out there wasn't too good or else I would have streamed it live.
They are trying to change the rules for the convention, but with all the Ron Paul supporters there, it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

ChrisInMN

Ah..the old Change the Rules trick. That's what happened in GA...the day BEFORE they said the convention business started. I hope you guys were there when it "really" started...

ChrisInMN
05-30-2008, 01:39 PM
This is now archived at justin.tv for anyone who missed it:
http://www.justin.tv/chrisinmn/120340/Ron_Paul_Speech_Rochester_MN_53008

ChrisInMN

teshuah
05-30-2008, 02:38 PM
I read the article and it said there were 400.

Not only is it good for 7:30AM on a workday, but Norm Coleman was having some breakfast thing at the same time.

itshappening
05-30-2008, 03:06 PM
how many did Coleman get?

he's an uber neo-con

ChrisInMN
05-30-2008, 05:35 PM
I read the article and it said there were 400.

Not only is it good for 7:30AM on a workday, but Norm Coleman was having some breakfast thing at the same time.

Yeah but Norm Coleman is a douche.. When Ventura runs for senate ol Norm is gonna be looking for a job. Just like when Ventura beat him out for gov.

ChrisInMN