PDA

View Full Version : COLORADO CONVENTION INFO, for RON PAUL REPUBLICANS

speciallyblend
05-29-2008, 09:39 AM
Please keep bumped..............COLORADO, THE TIME IS NOW

Announcing a new meeting for Colorado CD/State Delegates/Alternates for Ron Paul!

What: Colorado State Convention! RSVP Required by all members!

When: Saturday, May 31, 7:00 AM

Meeting fee: USD25.00 per person

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Who should come: Every single delegate or alternate that has fought so hard for this very moment! This is for Dr. Paul, you, me, our children, and for the freedom and liberty of the USA!!!

Why: State Assembly and Convention of the Colorado Republican Party shall be convened beginning at 9:00 A.M., Saturday, May 31, 2008 at the Broomfield Events Center in Broomfield, CO. Credentialing for this assembly and convention will begin at 7:00 A.M.

Meeting Description:
THIS IS IT PEOPLE! THE BIG ONE!

Colorado State Convention

Get there early (if you are not meeting with us ahead of time, for parking will be hard with all of the construction going on) Parking fees will be $10.00 to $15.00!

If you are a delegate/alternate for State, please be sure to bring the following items:

$3.00 (a fun surprise!) this is for anyone that is a national nominee

If you are a national nominee, please make a sign to pin on your back saying: NATIONAL NOMINEE #___ your name

Safety pins to pin on the above made sign

Cell phone (send your phone number and provider to Chrismaj at gmail dot com) set to vibrate during the convention

Your Drivers License or State ID

The letter from State saying you are a delegate/alternate

Proof of voter registration (Voter ID card or printout of your voter registration Click here)

If you already have your badges and/or packets, bring them!

Proof of your mailing (certified receipts) your letters of intent, or a copy of the form of Intent (with fax receipt) to show you DID submit everything on time

NO Coolers! But a large purse or canvas grocery bag for water and snacks.

Flashlight

Pens/Pencils

Clipboard

State bylaws

State rules

A Ron Paul sign to wave around inside to show our love for OUR candidate! (We will have some at the table too)

Short, VERY Republican speeches in case you need to object!

The RNC front page of the Rules stating the "open door" Party stuff

Any medications you may need throughout the day

If you are a parliamentarian, please bring your appropriate references to Robert's Rules (10th newly revised edition)

CHECK IN IS REQUIRED BY 9:30 AM! If you are not there by this time, you WILL BE LOCKED OUT OF THE CONVENTION AND DENIED ADMITTANCE!!! Get there early!

ALTERNATES!!! Please show up! EVERY ALTERNATE was seated as a Delegate for CD7! It could happen here too!

Remember, if you are an Alternate who is seated as a delegate, make sure that the credentials (name badge or pass) of the delegate you're filling in for are given to you when you're called up. You should have both your alternate credentials and the credentials of the delegate you're replacing. If you don't have these credentials your ballot will not be accepted. Immediately look through any envelopes, etc that you're given and if the credentials aren't there, bring it up with the person who told you you were being seated as a delegate before leaving their presence.

When you are on stage giving your 15 second speech, you are to say your name, county and (if you are NOT on the slate) "Ron Paul is for _____, and so am I! Vote for the Ron Paul Slate! I am!"

If you ARE on the Slate, say your name, county, and "I'm ON the Ron Paul slate! I am Pro-(Life, gun rights, property rights, lower taxes, etc) God Bless (you, America, our troops, our children, etc)!"

Please remember, if you leave the floor, except when they are in recess, you COULD forfeit your delegate status and be replaced by an alternate.

Do you KNOW your Robert's Rules of Order?
Please, read everything we have in the MUG, and listen to all of the training calls!

We are asking all of you to vote for Dave Schultheis for the National Committeeman position!

ALWAYS be polite!
We want ALL Ron Paul Republicans to be known as VERY polite, VERY knowledgeable, VERY passionate, VERY patient, and above all, VERY Republican!

And last but not least, NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, WE NEVER, NEVER, EVER WALK OUT! We must be prepared to stay for as long as it takes!!!
Be sure to use the restrooms before the start of the convention!

Not that we are going to loose, but always remember:

It is better to loose the RIGHT way, than win the WRONG way!

Good luck to all of you! You have all worked very hard towards this goal, and I'm so proud of you for sticking to it!

Here's to President Paul!
Learn more here:

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1797/calendar/8031688/

PLEASE POST ON MEET UPS and everywhere a Colorado Citizen might be;) :D

speciallyblend
05-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Running for Nationals:) just got my credentials, this is kinda of exciting:)

Kotin
05-29-2008, 02:25 PM
BUMP and congratulations!!

ninepointfive
05-29-2008, 02:37 PM
cool. Thanks for putting this together, and I will see you there. My name is Brandon.

speciallyblend
05-29-2008, 02:45 PM
cool. Thanks for putting this together, and I will see you there. My name is Brandon.

BONNIE ROCKS, Hi Brandon, I'm Kenny,look forward to meeting you. You gonna go a lil early to meet all the Ron Paul Folks????

Maltheus
05-29-2008, 05:29 PM
I'll see you guys there. Although I'm kind of jealous that you're showing up at 7am. For whatever reason, our organizers are planning on meeting at 5:15am. I can't imagine people showing up before 6am though and even that is crazy early. It shouldn't take that long to put up signs. But we've been working for this day for so long that I can't wait to see how it plays out.

speciallyblend
05-29-2008, 05:47 PM
I'll see you guys there. Although I'm kind of jealous that you're showing up at 7am. For whatever reason, our organizers are planning on meeting at 5:15am. I can't imagine people showing up before 6am though and even that is crazy early. It shouldn't take that long to put up signs. But we've been working for this day for so long that I can't wait to see how it plays out.

I have to get up at 245am drive down the mtns pick another delegate up and then head to the front range. we are gonna try to be around there at 530-600am bonnie wants us there early ,we are gonna get there early :D

Maltheus
05-29-2008, 06:00 PM
I have to get up at 245am drive down the mtns pick another delegate up and then head to the front range. we are gonna try to be around there at 530-600am bonnie wants us there early ,we are gonna get there early :D

Luckily, I have my 5th CD convention the day before at the Westin and my sister lives within biking distance, so I'll stay there overnight. I thought I had it bad, but man oh man do I sympathize with you.

I'm Chris BTW, I'll be the one in the black suit hanging out with Jeff Wright's gang. :cool:

itshappening
05-29-2008, 07:30 PM
B.u.m.p

ItsTime
05-29-2008, 07:45 PM
give them hell

Michael Landon
05-30-2008, 09:51 AM
I'll give this a jump up. BUMP for liberty.

- ML