PDA

View Full Version : Who/where are the Jews for Ron Paul?

Oyate
05-28-2008, 10:36 PM
I've head whispers here and there that there are RP fans or at least Constitutionalist leaning Rabbis. I know there are tons of RP supporters who are Jewish, but again, any clerics? We seem to have ministers and pastors, why not other religions?

James Madison
05-28-2008, 10:44 PM
My friend's Jewish and he supports Ron Paul. He does listen to Sean Hannity though.

Perry
05-28-2008, 10:50 PM
Why would Jews not love Ron Paul? It's not like they are a single minded people. They are a race of people as varied as you and I.
Anyway I hear that there are some Frenchmen that Like Paul as well.:o
Kind of silly. I've met many Jews who support Ron Paul. And many Zionists! You don't have to believe America needs to fund Israel to be a Zionist.
I think this is where much of the misconceptions begin.
Myself and about a hundred other Paul supporters were banned from a popular Christian web forum for overtly supporting Ron Paul.
Most were Zionists, some were Jews.

steph3n
05-28-2008, 10:54 PM
I know several Jewish Paul supporters, some not even US citizens :)

I know many zionist Paul supporters.

crazyfingers
05-28-2008, 10:55 PM
A quick Google search brought up http://www.jews4ronpaul.org/

Kludge
05-28-2008, 10:58 PM
כב וַיֹּאמֶר יְהוָה אֶל-שְׁמוּאֵל שְׁמַע בְּקוֹלָם, וְהִמְלַכְתָּ לָהֶם מֶלֶךְ; וַיֹּאמֶר שְׁמוּאֵל אֶל-אַנְשֵׁי יִשְׂרָאֵל, לְכוּ אִישׁ לְעִירוֹ. {פ}

Danke
05-28-2008, 10:59 PM
You don't have to believe America needs to fund Israel to be a Zionist.
I think this is where much of the misconceptions begin.

And if you believe America should not fund Israel, what are you?

And what if you actively oppose America funding Israel?

Is it O.K. to support funding of Iran?

Oyate
05-28-2008, 11:05 PM
OK, lemme rephrase the question. I know there are tons of Jewish people who support Ron Paul, but is there ecclesiastical support for them? Like are there Republican or Constitutionalist Rabbis?

haaaylee
05-28-2008, 11:18 PM
Stop putting people into groups! It's not very Ron Paul of you to view people collectively...;)

Kludge
05-28-2008, 11:21 PM
Stop putting people into groups! It's not very Ron Paul of you to view people collectively...;)

He's only asking why there is no leadership support from the Jewish community...

Oyate
05-28-2008, 11:22 PM

You make a good point but....if I can put groups together in a certain way it could be a good thing.

anonymous6728
05-29-2008, 12:19 AM
A quick Google search brought up http://www.jews4ronpaul.org/

I checked out this website and came across the name Aaron Russo. Anyone who has seen Alex Jones' vids know Aaron was quite up front about his conversations with Nicholas Rockefeller which included a future false flag event (9/11) leading to Middle East war, a North American Union and a depopulation scheme, among other things.

I also found out Mr. Russo died last year (after a longterm battle with cancer). That would explain why he was so forthcoming about this New Underworld Order intel--he was dying.

These were topics of interest to people that saw our liberty was threatened after 9/11. That is what drew many people to Ron Paul at the beginning of his campaign; the Revolution to recapture our liberty. Those who see Ron's manifesto as a viable longterm plan to reign on our bloated govt. are still with Ron Paul.

Those who see 2008 as a make or break year for the U.S. and the world have jumped off the bandwagon or looked elsewhere to explore other means of removing GWB and his band of psychos from the White House, such as the CID.

http://www.defenselink.mil/privacy/notices/army/A0195-2b_USACIDC.html

Oyate
05-29-2008, 12:26 AM
I checked out this website and came across the name Aaron Russo.

Yup. I was Aaron's National Director Of Technology. Within hours of his death I put out the word and took our conference call line up for a spontaneous memorial.

At that time I asked for someone who could say traditional Hebrew prayers on his behalf and a great woman stepped up and said the Kadesh for him. It was very moving and we were grateful for this.

Kotin
05-29-2008, 12:39 AM
My Family is Completely Jewish and we are all avid Ron Paul Supporters.

Perry
05-29-2008, 12:43 AM
I don't know about you but I am a Zionist.

I support anyone apposing anything peacefully.

You mean personally? Of course it is ok to fund Iran. For example there are many schools that need books and children that need cloths all over the nation of Iran. Why would I be apposed to such things?

leipo
05-29-2008, 01:02 AM
Murray Sabrin is Jewish.

Perry
05-29-2008, 01:10 AM
I checked out this website and came across the name Aaron Russo. Anyone who has seen Alex Jones' vids know Aaron was quite up front about his conversations with Nicholas Rockefeller which included a future false flag event (9/11) leading to Middle East war, a North American Union and a depopulation scheme, among other things.

I also found out Mr. Russo died last year (after a longterm battle with cancer). That would explain why he was so forthcoming about this New Underworld Order intel--he was dying.

These were topics of interest to people that saw our liberty was threatened after 9/11. That is what drew many people to Ron Paul at the beginning of his campaign; the Revolution to recapture our liberty. Those who see Ron's manifesto as a viable longterm plan to reign on our bloated govt. are still with Ron Paul.

Those who see 2008 as a make or break year for the U.S. and the world have jumped off the bandwagon or looked elsewhere to explore other means of removing GWB and his band of psychos from the White House, such as the CID.

http://www.defenselink.mil/privacy/notices/army/A0195-2b_USACIDC.html

No one has mentioned it directly... for the record Aaron Russo was an Italian Jew.(Well his parents were Italian Jews)

LibertyEagle
05-29-2008, 03:05 AM
You mean personally? Of course it is ok to fund Iran. For example there are many schools that need books and children that need cloths all over the nation of Iran. Why would I be apposed to such things?

:confused: How about it's not ok because our nation is broke? How about it's not ok, because the government shouldn't be stealing from our pockets to give to another country? Exactly where is foreign aid allowed in the Constitution?

G-Wohl
05-29-2008, 03:11 AM
Why would Jews not love Ron Paul? It's not like they are a single minded people. They are a race of people as varied as you and I.

I resent this greatly.

Alex Libman
05-29-2008, 03:13 AM
I'm ethnically an Ashkenazi Semite, but I am an atheist.

aravoth
05-29-2008, 03:56 AM

You can write a personal check to Israel if you want. Or you can write one to Iran, I don't care. But what I do care about is someone else telling me that I have to pay for either one of them.

The Money I work for belongs to my family. It does not belong to Israel, or Iran. Or anyone else for that matter, outside of this country or in it.

Perry
05-29-2008, 04:08 AM
:confused: How about it's not ok because our nation is broke? How about it's not ok, because the government shouldn't be stealing from our pockets to give to another country? Exactly where is foreign aid allowed in the Constitution?

Did you not notice the first word of my sentence? I said personally. This has nothing to do with taxes.

I resent this greatly.

What do you resent? That the Jews are a race? That's a rather strange thing to resent. Maybe you should ask yourself where that anger comes from.

werdd
05-29-2008, 05:28 AM
The smart jews that realize our funding of israel undermines their foreign policy. They would probably support ron paul.

Crickett
05-29-2008, 09:28 AM
Here is the thing. I am Jewish, and throughout history the Jewish people have never as a group, gotten into politics. They were always seemingly into defending themselves and their religion from other political groups. In the 60's, some of the most popular dissidents were Jewish, but there has rarely been a Rabbi or synagogue that has supported a strictly political agenda. Yes, we have always supported aid to Israel, as a new country, started in 1949, it needed help. To me, now, it has had enough, and their inability to interact peacefully with their neighbors may continue for another 5000 years (if earth around that long), I do not know. I do not also know much about these Zionists, but I am far from being one from what I have heard. Jesus was Jewish, and one of his main things was to leave Caesar's stuff to Caesar, and I would not be surprised if he was taught that by his parents. That has always been pretty much the stand of the Jews--much more so than the Christians.

yongrel
05-29-2008, 09:33 AM
Oy vey.

mconder
05-29-2008, 09:33 AM
There is a radio station in Northern Colorado called the American Freedom Network owned by Messianic Jews. I know most of their hosts and the owners are friendly to the Ron Paul message. Also, there is a group called "Jews for The Preservation of Firearms." I am sure they are also friendly to Ron Paul.

http://www.jpfo.org/

amy31416
05-29-2008, 09:52 AM
Not a Jew here, but I am Jew-ish.

Grandfather was a Russian Jewish kosher baker on mom's side, Grandmother on dad's side was a Jewish atheist, so the religion part didn't get passed down, but some of the neuroses did. :)

Oyate
05-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Here is the thing. I am Jewish, and throughout history the Jewish people have never as a group, gotten into politics...

Thanks Crickett, another person PMd me and explained things kind of the same way. He said he thought there were Rabbis that appreciate the Constitution and want to maintain a secular state, but they are mostly orthodox and wouldn't have any business with a political movement for the same reason a fish wouldn't drink turpentine---it's just not a natural combination.

SneakyFrenchSpy
05-29-2008, 10:16 AM
Anyway I hear that there are some Frenchmen that Like Paul as well.:o

Hear, hear! I try to spread the message to whoever will hear me, but I have problems reaching out and explaining how the system works. Especially the electoral process, with the delegates slates and district/county/states conventions and to a certain degree the electoral college. That stuff is much too complicated for most people who are only used to 2 rounds of popular voting for the presidential.

And the nanny-government is a hard notion to fight as well, with all its entitlements and benefits, it's tough to bite the hand that "feeds" them.

Edit: Sorry about the thread-jack, just thought I'd share my experience and confirm there are Ron Paul fans 'round the world...

Perry
05-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Hear, hear! I try to spread the message to whoever will hear me, but I have problems reaching out and explaining how the system works. Especially the electoral process, with the delegates slates and district/county/states conventions and to a certain degree the electoral college. That stuff is much too complicated for most people who are only used to 2 rounds of popular voting for the presidential.

And the nanny-government is a hard notion to fight as well, with all its entitlements and benefits, it's tough to bite the hand that "feeds" them.

Edit: Sorry about the thread-jack, just thought I'd share my experience and confirm there are Ron Paul fans 'round the world...

I would say most of us don't understand the electoral process. Most likely this was intentional.

Phantom
05-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Perry

Are jews a race or is it just a name given to a people who believe in the religion of judaism?

I do not believe they are a race because anyone can become a jew just as you can become a Muslim or a Christian, neither of which is a race but a mixture or different races that believe in a certain religion.

eOs
05-29-2008, 11:20 AM
Israel is currently kicking out Palestinians from their homes, and building a giant apartheid wall. I thought it was racist/theocratic enough to call their "homeland" the "Jewish" state.
http://www.antiwar.com/hacohen/h052103.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_West_Bank_barrier
This is just a hunch..but, I'm guessing the majority of Jews don't support Ron Paul because we would end the billions in aid we give them by our current neoconservative party.

haaaylee
05-29-2008, 11:55 AM
What do you resent? That the Jews are a race? That's a rather strange thing to resent. Maybe you should ask yourself where that anger comes from.

I think he resents that since being Jewish is not a race because Jews do not share one common ancestry. People of many different races, and from many different countries, have become Jewish people over the years. The fact that you can convert to it proves it is not a race....... you can't convert to being black, can you?

Just because the religion came form a certain part of the world and therefore the average Jew looks of that part of the world doesn't make it a race...

G-Wohl
05-29-2008, 02:20 PM

Judaism is a religion. It's not a race - Hitler was the one that asserted that we were a separate race of people.

mport1
05-29-2008, 02:28 PM
I'm Jewish by birth although I'm an atheist. However Jews tend to be liberal and the media has spun RP as anti-Israel so I doubt he is getting significant support from Jews.

amy31416
05-29-2008, 02:28 PM
Judaism is a religion. It's not a race - Hitler was the one that asserted that we were a separate race of people.

I'm not sure if Hitler was the first or not, but to be fair, Jews promote such ideas as well.

Either way, we're all the same species and that's what really matters. Personal choice comes into play after that and I'm all for choice.

G-Wohl
05-29-2008, 02:32 PM
This is just a hunch..but, I'm guessing the majority of Jews don't support Ron Paul because we would end the billions in aid we give them by our current neoconservative party.

People are so incredible ignorant sometimes - put yourself in other peoples' shoes!

Should Christians not support Ron Paul because he would make sure our government never gave out subsidies to Christian private schools and such? Should followers of Islam not support Ron Paul because he would end the subsidies to Islamist governments in the MENA region?

Why do we assume that Jews cannot think sensibly like the rest of the people that support Ron Paul? We all support him because he does not single out ANYBODY for ANY amount of aid or subsidy. Your freedoms cannot be upheld unless ALL freedoms are upheld, and it doesn't take a certain creed, background, or race to understand that.

I'm a Jew, but I also recognize the evils of Israel - to say they haven't committed any would be a foolish act. I recognize the help America has given for these evils to occur. I also recognize the right Israel has to both defend itself and to exist as a self-governing body. It's an American position - a Ron Paul position - to realize that we should end the evil we do to both Israel and Israel's enemies by subsidizing them AND everyone else. One's Judaism has nothing to do with this realization, and even the most devout Jew should understand that.

G-Wohl
05-29-2008, 02:39 PM
I'm not sure if Hitler was the first or not, but to be fair, Jews promote such ideas as well.

Perhaps a small number of elitist charlatans think this way. In other religions, these would be the people saying that 9/11 and AIDS were retaliations against gays, and that the anti-christ presently lives in the form of a white male Jew. I'm sure, though, that we have the sense here to understand that most Christians do not think this way. And surely I hope we all understand that most Muslims do not believe as Osama Bin Laden believes?

Believe it or not, most Jews are middle class Americans concerned with the same things that every other citizen is concerned with. We're not all a bunch of big-nosed freaks with high work ethics who control the media and instigate wars.

DrSpock
05-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Perhaps a small number of elitist charlatans think this way. In other religions, these would be the people saying that 9/11 and AIDS were retaliations against gays, and that the anti-christ presently lives in the form of a white male Jew. I'm sure, though, that we have the sense here to understand that most Christians do not think this way. And surely I hope we all understand that most Muslims do not believe as Osama Bin Laden believes?

Believe it or not, most Jews are middle class Americans concerned with the same things that every other citizen is concerned with. We're not all a bunch of big-nosed freaks with high work ethics who control the media and instigate wars.

I have read that a great many Jews in Israel are as unhappy about the actions of their government as we are about ours and that their voices go equally unheard.

amy31416
05-29-2008, 02:46 PM

I know! I'm related to and have spent plenty of time with Jewish people. Most aren't like that, just as I think most Christians and Muslims aren't like the examples you described.

I should have said some Jews.

James Madison
05-29-2008, 02:54 PM

Either way, we're all the same species and that's what really matters. Personal choice comes into play after that and I'm all for choice.

I know it wasn't the Jews, but I believe Nero regarded the Christians as a sort of sub-human race way back in Ancient Rome. Might have been where the Nazis got the idea.

Christianalwaysg124RP
05-29-2008, 04:20 PM
I am similar to many spiritual and religious Jews as a Christian.(as there are many more Christian Jews today than there were 20 years ago) I am a dispensationalist, so I do believe in the literal future nation of the Jews in the tribulation and the 1,000 year reign of Jesus. In fact, Chuck Baldwin believes in the doctrine too. Both him, some Jewish people and I support Ron Paul. From our perspective, Israel is hurt from us sending money to Israel. Firstly, because the Jews in Israel do become dependant on us for support. Secondly because when we give money to the Jews, we are forced to give money to the sorounding nations of Israel.(many of which have military dictators)

Also, unlike many other Zionist and dispensational Christians, we believe in miracles. Meaning, we won't push prophecy to happen believing that God will restore the nation of Israel.

I believe the neoconservatives have the same problem the apostles had, which is trying to know the times of God. Right after Jesus's resserection, before the miracle of Pentecost, Jesus was preparing his disciples for a spiritual Earth. He spoke the indwelling of the Holy Spirit inside them and look at their ignorant response.

Acts 1

4On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: "Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. 5For John baptized with[a] water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit."

6So when they met together, they asked him, "Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?"

7He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 8But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

Jesus wasn't saying that Israel wasn't going to be restored, he was saying simply it's not for us to know when God has brought it to occur. Doesn't their question sound like many of these fear preachers and Christians who are neoconservative?(like John Hagee)

SeanEdwards
05-29-2008, 04:38 PM
There's a lot of hatred expressed by many Paul supporters towards zionism, and in some cases jews more generally. This may make some jewish people reluctant to get involved or express support, even if they agree with stuff that Paul is saying.

Michael Ingram
05-29-2008, 07:45 PM
I am a Jew for Ron Paul

Perry
05-29-2008, 07:50 PM
Wow! There are a lot of Jews right here on the board who support Ron Paul. Imagine that. They're just like regular people!:D
And for those of you uneducated people if there is no Jewish Race then how do you explain the atheists who claim to be Jews?
Judaism is not necessarily the same as being a Jewish. yes words can have more than one meaning.

amy31416
05-29-2008, 08:02 PM
Wow! There are a lot of Jews right here on the board who support Ron Paul. Imagine that. They're just like regular people!:D

Shhh. You'll spoil the fun for the some of the conspiracy theorists and neo-nazi's that creep in from time to time.

Srg1
05-29-2008, 09:18 PM
I resent this greatly.

Oh relax...I can tell if someones a real jew 90% of the time just by looking at them...explain that? Well except maybe the ethiopian ones witch alot of zionists dont even consider real jews in the state of israel..

G-Wohl
05-30-2008, 12:18 AM
There's a lot of hatred expressed by many Paul supporters towards zionism, and in some cases jews more generally. This may make some jewish people reluctant to get involved or express support, even if they agree with stuff that Paul is saying.

I know many people who have expressed this exact concern. Personally, I know at least 4 people who are exactly as you described: they like his views, but hate his supporters.

Oh relax...I can tell if someones a real jew 90% of the time just by looking at them...explain that? Well except maybe the ethiopian ones witch alot of zionists dont even consider real jews in the state of israel..

Yeah, the same goes with Irish people. Are they a separate race too? The same goes with Islam. Are Muslims a race now?

Either admit your ignorance, or admit your hatred.