PDA

View Full Version : *** OPERATION ST. PAUL *** Saturate Delegates With TV - Print - Billboards

AdamT
05-28-2008, 10:21 PM
http://alcpac.com/opstpaul_banner.jpg

Digg it! (http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/OPERATION_ST_PAUL_Saturate_Delegates_TV_Print_Bill boards)

After our successful High Tide ad buys in Philly (http://alcpac.com/high_tide_philly.html), Idaho (http://alcpac.com/high_tide_idaho.html), and South Dakota (http://alcpac.com/high_tide_sdakota.html), we just launched a new project Operation St. Paul (http://alcpac.com/opstpaul.html).

Please donate if you can, and pass the link (http://alcpac.com/opstpaul.html) around!

DONATE HERE! (http://alcpac.chipin.com/operation-st-paul-mn)

A project of The American Liberty Coalition (http://alcpac.com).

----------------------

Imagine.

By August, all or the great majority of national GOP delegates have been delivered multiple DVDs from the DVDs4Delegates (http://www.dvds4delegates.com/) project and Manifesto books from the Manifesto Delegato (http://www.operationeducation.org/rnc/) project. In many cases these gifts have been hand delivered. Some have watched and read, others have spit on them and thrown them in the trash. Some have tossed them into their backyard fire pits, sacrificing them to their neo-con gods. Some are already annoyed they're being forced to support McCain is their "nominee". Of course, some love McCain and will support him until they get their asses handed to them in November.

September 1st they arrive at the MPLS-St. Paul Airport. Some get rental cars, some take taxis, some get shuttles to their hotels. The locals from neighboring states drive in because it's quicker and they can avoid the humiliation of being patted down and strip searched by TSA goons at the airport. On the way to their hotels they spot a Ron Paul billboard or maybe two, and wonder what the hell that's all about. They are stopped at a red light and glance over to the city bus stopped next to them, adorned with a Ron Paul ad on the side of the bus.

They arrive at their hotel, only to see an extremely large group of Ron Paul supporters, weathered from having just walked over 250 miles from Green Bay, WI (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=139561), and Ron Paul himself is addressing the crowd as they cheer loudly. They take the elevator up 4 or 5 floors, run into some RP people in the halls, and finally arrive to their hotel rooms.

They get comfortable and flip on Adult Swim, Fear Factor, or a re-run of Seinfeld. Some tune into their daily propaganda fix of Bill O'Reilly. Some are obsessed with crossword puzzles and switch on local FOX 9 KMSP to tune into Merv Griffin's Crossroads. Hell, some order in strippers! It goes to commercial and they see a Ron Paul TV ad (The High Tide (http://alcpac.com/high_tide.html)?). They go to sleep with this maverick Ron Paul on their mind.

In the morning they get coffee in the lobby and see many RP supporters getting their morning danishes. They pick up the local paper and see a Ron Paul newspaper ad on page 4. All these RP events are talking to them, talking to their consciences. Reminding them they are about to vote for a nominee that does not live up to their traditional conservative values.

On the way to the convention center they spot various RP billboards and a RP crowd gathered outside. Nervously flashing delegate credentials, they fight through a storm trooper police line and finally arrive to take their positions on the convention floor.

What are they thinking at this point? What do they do?

Imagine this scenario playing out during the 4 days of the GOP convention Sept. 1-4.

What would it take to pull it off? $10K? $20K to blitz an entire city for 4 days?

We raised over $5K in a week for the South Dakota TV ads. Could we get $20K by September? More?

This could go down in history as the first time a grassroots movement ever took over the city that a national GOP convention was being held in. Think of the press.

DONATE HERE! (http://alcpac.chipin.com/operation-st-paul-mn)

Paulitical Correctness
05-28-2008, 11:20 PM
Grassroots funds should've been put into stuff like this from the very beginning.

The High Tide ad is epic and it's a shame it came a bit late.

However, there's still plenty of time for this!!!

:D

skyorbit
05-28-2008, 11:22 PM
This would be Awesome.

A Complete Media Blitz!

How much would it cost to take over the advertising of St Paul/Minneapolis?

Don't forget about Radio Ads too! :)

Perhaps we could spend as much money as we did in PA on EACH of the ads that you guys have. $8,000 on High Tide, $8,000 on that Bo one, $8,000 on etc.

Aren't there like 5 or 6 good ads that have been made? That's like $8,000X4= $32,000 for TV Ads

How much to ads in the Paper Cost? Several Hundread? *4 days (Well, you'll want the Sunday Before so 5.)

How much do BillBoards cost around the Surrounding Motels? Probably $200/week easy. We'll want to try and saturate the Billboards for that Week.

How much to Radio ads cost? We do try and do a Run for each of the Ron Paul Radio Spots (just change the Disclaimer.)

We probably want to try and set the goal for this at like $50,000.

We've got about 3 months.

PLUS If we do this, the Media will definitely take notice.

"You'd think you were headed to a Ron Paul Convention, instead of the Republican National Convention where McCain is suppost to be Nominated."

Onward!
TRacy

fr33domfightr
05-28-2008, 11:44 PM
I really like this idea. Flooding that local market with everything Ron Paul. Now that would be an awesome sight. Talk about shock & awe!

Realistically, I believe this would cost at least $500K-$1 Mill.

TV Spots are expensive. Podunk Newspapers charge $3K just for a small Ad. It might be $20K+ for a full page Ad in a larger metropolitan newspaper.

Add to that all the Buses and Taxi's (on top), Billboards, etc. etc. it's going to ad up. The good thing is, it's only for 4 days, so it might be cheaper than I'm thinking.

The studios who make movies do this all the time, flood the market. Our market is quite small, Minneapolis/St. Paul, so that should be cheaper. If anyone can get an estimate on costs we could use that for the chipin amount.

I really like this idea!!

FF

IPSecure
05-29-2008, 12:06 AM
Just think what would be accomplished if 4.5+ million was spent...

ChrisInMN
05-29-2008, 01:12 AM
I'd gladly chip in to help out with this. In fact, not only will I donate money - but I will film downtown st. paul all week long and post the glorious Ron Paul adverts on youtube! If I were to throw in my opinion about this - I would say forget Minneapolis. Yes - it's the "twin cities" but all the events are going to be in St. Paul.
Minneapolis/St. Paul share a common border but the area where the convention is going to be is the excel energy center (where the Minnesota Wild play hockey) and is in the middle of downtown St. Paul; 7th Street to be exact. With the exception of people using hotels in Minneapolis, all the action is going to be in St. Paul.
There are tons of billboards, bus bench seats, bus shelters (it gets damn cold here) and other advertising opportunities in the area that will be more effective than newspapers. The papers put out in the twin cities (Minneapolis Star Tribune and St. Paul Pioneer Press) aren't worth the paper they're printed on and serve little more than a possible last resort for toilet paper. Maybe the out of stater's will be fooled into buying one paper - certainly not a weeks worth of them.
I can try to get contact information for the companies responsible for the billboards and what not. If anyone wants to get the ball rolling, I'll contact some of the local meetups and try to help out as much as I can. I would prefer not to be the one to handle the cash, but I will lend my help in anyway I can.

ChrisInMN

parke
05-29-2008, 02:02 AM
Dear Ron Paul,

Give us marching orders. We can outnumber the RNC if you ask us to show up. Its up to you. The ball is in your court... we are independent, but we need your leadership.

speciallyblend
05-29-2008, 03:10 AM
I'd gladly chip in to help out with this. In fact, not only will I donate money - but I will film downtown st. paul all week long and post the glorious Ron Paul adverts on youtube! If I were to throw in my opinion about this - I would say forget Minneapolis. Yes - it's the "twin cities" but all the events are going to be in St. Paul.
Minneapolis/St. Paul share a common border but the area where the convention is going to be is the excel energy center (where the Minnesota Wild play hockey) and is in the middle of downtown St. Paul; 7th Street to be exact. With the exception of people using hotels in Minneapolis, all the action is going to be in St. Paul.
There are tons of billboards, bus bench seats, bus shelters (it gets damn cold here) and other advertising opportunities in the area that will be more effective than newspapers. The papers put out in the twin cities (Minneapolis Star Tribune and St. Paul Pioneer Press) aren't worth the paper they're printed on and serve little more than a possible last resort for toilet paper. Maybe the out of stater's will be fooled into buying one paper - certainly not a weeks worth of them.
I can try to get contact information for the companies responsible for the billboards and what not. If anyone wants to get the ball rolling, I'll contact some of the local meetups and try to help out as much as I can. I would prefer not to be the one to handle the cash, but I will lend my help in anyway I can.

ChrisInMN

I plan on going to st paul from colorado in sept, delegate or not;)

AdamT
05-29-2008, 08:08 AM

ChrisInMN

ChipIn is already running.
http://alcpac.chipin.com/operation-st-paul-mn

Right now there's not a goal, but if we can get some prices on this stuff we can add a goal. Funds come into the PAC, the PAC writes checks to pay for everything. Simple.

I was definitely thinking mostly concentrating around the convention center. We need to find out the hotels in the area where the delegates are likely to stay. Could billboards be on the route from the airport to the convention center?

Danke
05-29-2008, 08:18 AM
Hell, some order in strippers! It goes to commercial and they see a Ron Paul TV ad (High Tide?). They go to sleep with this maverick Ron Paul on their mind.

I'll sponsor some strippers. I think a few well place RP tattoo ads would get some attention.

gilliganscorner
05-29-2008, 08:25 AM
What an awesome idea. We should get some tazer proof RP vests made up. After all, supporting RP does make us "terrorists" according to HR 1955. :eek:

On the front: Ron Paul for President!
On the back: "Don't taze/tax me, bro!"

Sorry...I need less coffee....:D

parke
05-29-2008, 08:36 AM
I'll sponsor some strippers. I think a few well place RP tattoo ads would get some attention.

Im a tattooer. Anybody wanting a ron paul tattoo look me up! Ill charge you my cost.. like $20..:eek::eek::eek::eek:

myspace.com/sidrosteel

itshappening
05-29-2008, 08:40 AM
we also need to get some commercials in the area on the cable tv/ etc does anyone know if we can get them into the hotel rooms?? what kind of system they use??

this is important....

HIGH tide in their hotel rooms multiple times over 4 days in the evening will be awesome (CNN/Fox news etc)

Ninja Homer
05-29-2008, 08:40 AM
Don't forget about the MN State Fair, which runs for a week and a half previous to the RNC, and overlaps it 1 day (Sept 1st). There will be a captive audience of up to 250,000 fair attendees and employees on any given day. Every major TV, radio, and newspaper has a booth there and will do broadcasts from the fair. Every local politician running for a major office will have a booth there (Norm Coleman, Al Franken, etc).

If McCain, or any of his cronies looking for a VP spot (Romney, Huckabee, etc), decide to make a public appearance in MN before the convention, this is probably where they'll do it, and it will make national news. If Ron Paul made an appearance, it would make at least local news.

A thousand vocal RP supporters marching would make an impact; 10,000 could not be ignored, and could probably form a continuous circle marching around the fair grounds.

I just checked this year's concert lineup at http://mnstatefair.org, and The Black Crowes are playing Aug 30th. I'll probably be watching Trampled By Turtles (http://www.myspace.com/trampledbyturtles) for free on the 29th and 30th. It's hard for me to pass up a bluegrass jam band. :D

SLSteven
05-29-2008, 08:44 AM
The papers put out in the twin cities (Minneapolis Star Tribune and St. Paul Pioneer Press) aren't worth the paper they're printed on and serve little more than a possible last resort for toilet paper. Maybe the out of stater's will be fooled into buying one paper - certainly not a weeks worth of them.
ChrisInMN

Hotel guests will probably be getting complimentary USA Today.

AdamT
05-29-2008, 08:58 AM
We need all the local MN meetups to LINE the streets from the airport to the convention center with RP signs.

speciallyblend
05-29-2008, 12:30 PM
bump

Matt Davidson
05-29-2008, 12:31 PM
I will be there in St. Paul posting banners to overpasses relentlessly :).

Jeremy
05-29-2008, 02:12 PM
bump

torchbearer
05-29-2008, 02:18 PM
I like this idea.

speciallyblend
05-29-2008, 02:53 PM
bump ,Ron Paul told me to;)

tangent4ronpaul
05-29-2008, 10:10 PM
blimp!

AdamT
05-29-2008, 11:55 PM
Some guy on the Digg link comments said he's considering donating $1000. Everyone go remind him to do it (and Digg too)!!!!
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/OPERATION_ST_PAUL_Saturate_Delegates_TV_Print_Bill boards

AdamT
05-30-2008, 03:45 PM
bump

malkusm
05-30-2008, 03:53 PM
Don't know if it's been said, but...

Does anyone else find it ironic/foreboding that the convention is in St. Paul?? ;)

AdamT
05-30-2008, 07:06 PM
bump

ItsTime
05-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Im glad someone ran with this idea. Thank you.

I am hitting you up with my idea for print ads.

rprprs
05-30-2008, 07:31 PM
bump (because this thread should have many more pages by now);)

Paint the town Ron!

ItsTime
05-30-2008, 07:36 PM
Im getting a pay pal error when I try to donate! grrr

fr33domfightr
05-30-2008, 11:06 PM
Don't know if it's been said, but...

Does anyone else find it ironic/foreboding that the convention is in St. Paul?? ;)

Malkusm,

I actually noticed that too. Saint Paul to the rescue.

My donation to come next week. I need to get paid first.

I just had a kewl (unrealistic) idea. All body armor/shields for local Police paid for/sponsored by Ron Paul supporters. Each has Ron Paul logos on each shield...hehe. Even the protestors will see the Ron Paul message, Freedom!

Question: Since the money goes to a PAC, is there any restrictions on amounts we can donate?

FF

AdamT
05-30-2008, 11:13 PM
Malkusm,

I actually noticed that too. Saint Paul to the rescue.

My donation to come next week. I need to get paid first.

I just had a kewl (unrealistic) idea. All body armor/shields for local Police paid for/sponsored by Ron Paul supporters. Each has Ron Paul logos on each shield...hehe. Even the protestors will see the Ron Paul message, Freedom!

Question: Since the money goes to a PAC, is there any restrictions on amounts we can donate?

FF

There is a $5,000 limit per person, per calendar year.

AdamT
05-31-2008, 02:54 PM
bump

ninnarae
05-31-2008, 03:21 PM
Great idea- I look forward to seeing these around St Paul! Donated!

AdamT
05-31-2008, 11:44 PM
Great idea- I look forward to seeing these around St Paul! Donated!

Thanks!

Sarkin
06-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Good to see that this didn't die out.

AdamT
06-01-2008, 10:27 PM
bump

NightOwl
06-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Have you given any more thought to the possibility of converting the High Tide ad into an ad for the Manifesto by changing the closing screen accordingly? Maybe that could be done in tandem with the billboards, etc.

I don't mean to assume that you have an infinite supply of time on your hands. Just wondering.

AdamT
06-01-2008, 10:56 PM
Have you given any more thought to the possibility of converting the High Tide ad into an ad for the Manifesto by changing the closing screen accordingly? Maybe that could be done in tandem with the billboards, etc.

I don't mean to assume that you have an infinite supply of time on your hands. Just wondering.

That's a possibility but the billboards are first on the list. If we get enough money then other things like TV ads can be done.

Ninja Homer
06-05-2008, 07:14 PM
big bump... also see the St. Paul billboards thread

AdamT
06-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Is there anyone here willing and able to help me set up a money bomb for this project?

Matt Collins
06-05-2008, 08:31 PM
WASTE OF TIME - WASTE OF MONEY - WASTE OF EFFORT!

Here is why:

What is the goal of this? To get delegates to vote for Ron Paul of course.

However the best way to convince these people is through one on one correspondence, and one-on-one conversation. A billboard is actually one of the least effective forms of advertising, especially for producing short-term results, just like the Blimp.

We can get a hold of these people individually. Sending them DVD's is a great idea. Writing them dozens of letters is even better. Calling them and talking to them is 2nd best. Buying them lunch and having a conversation with them is the most effective way to change them over to our side.

I have a minor in marketing, and the most effective sales / marketing actions are ones that are personalized and personal.

Ninja Homer
06-05-2008, 08:39 PM
We can get a hold of these people individually. Sending them DVD's is a great idea. Writing them dozens of letters is even better. Calling them and talking to them is 2nd best. Buying them lunch and having a conversation with them is the most effective way to change them over to our side.

I agree with you on that, but how do we get a hold of these people? I have my doubts about the Ron Paul getting the list of national delegates from the GOP. As far as I know, the RP campaign hasn't received even a list of state delegates from a single state, while the McCain campaign has.

Assuming we won't get a list, this is the best idea I've seen so far for getting to the national delegates.

edit: I think the best thing you could do if you can get in personal contact with a national delegate is to get them to read The Revolution: A Manifesto.

Matt Collins
06-05-2008, 08:44 PM
I agree with you on that, but how do we get a hold of these people? I have my doubts about the Ron Paul getting the list of national delegates from the GOP. As far as I know, the RP campaign hasn't received even a list of state delegates from a single state, while the McCain campaign has.The names of these people should be public record, right?

Ninja Homer
06-05-2008, 09:10 PM
The names of these people should be public record, right?

They definitely should be, but I probably don't need to go through a list of other things that should have happened that the GOP establishment abused. I know that revolutionbymail.com is compiling lists of delegates, but I'm not sure where they are coming from. I guess I should get updated on that thread... I haven't been keeping up with it:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=136337

I guess the real question we should be asking is if it's worth it for a last minute ad blitz for delegates attending the convention. What are the chances of changing the mind of a single delegate? How much money is it worth to change the mind of a single delegate? How much COULD it be worth to change the mind of a single delegate? How many delegates minds could it change?

I think this idea needs to be viewed not as a separate, lone, last minute ad campaign, but as the final step of a longer ad campaign delivered to the delegates. In that sense, with your background in marketing, how effective do you think it could be?

Matt Collins
06-06-2008, 12:03 PM
I guess the real question we should be asking is if it's worth it for a last minute ad blitz for delegates attending the convention. What are the chances of changing the mind of a single delegate? How much money is it worth to change the mind of a single delegate? How much COULD it be worth to change the mind of a single delegate? How many delegates minds could it change?I think it could be.

If we get our best speakers and get them to meet one on one with the delegates, then yes it is possible to win enough over to get them to abstain from the first few votes.

skyorbit
06-09-2008, 08:20 AM
bump

Tracy

raystone
06-11-2008, 01:44 PM
MY SIGNATURE:
There are several boxes we can use to defend liberty:
soap
ballot
jury
ammo
(in that order)

It's common courtesy when using someone else's published material to show proper credit...in this case - Ed Howdershelt

SLSteven
06-11-2008, 01:46 PM
How should we modify our strategy now that Ron Paul will have the "twin convention"?

newyearsrevolution08
06-11-2008, 01:51 PM
They definitely should be, but I probably don't need to go through a list of other things that should have happened that the GOP establishment abused. I know that revolutionbymail.com is compiling lists of delegates, but I'm not sure where they are coming from. I guess I should get updated on that thread... I haven't been keeping up with it:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=136337

We have gotten our lists from a few sources and confirm as we go. There are also 2 other lists online that I know of as well. As far as billboards being a great "delegate vote getter", I am not really sure but anyone who picks up the book and reads it will be sold whether they want to or not.

I think getting a copy of the manifesto into the hands of all of these delegates is very important. If not simply for this one election but for the next as well because most of these people are EXTREMELY active or at least active enough to deal with the convention and all the "fun" that will be had there SO maybe getting them a copy before the convention could be beneficial THEN or possibly on their next vote in 4 years.

I still see every effort being a good one, some just tend to out perform others BUT we need multiple streams of efforts going on from all directions for this "Grassroots" effort to really attack and I see it working.

Keep educating those around you by reading the manifesto and waking the sheep up in your own cities WHILE there are efforts educating the delegates like this one listed above.

Keep up the efforts indeed.