PDA

View Full Version : No more threads are being moved.

JoshLowry
08-24-2007, 09:51 AM
If any threads are going to be moved it will be Bryan or myself.

I don't like the disruption and things worked fine the way they were before.

I asked the new moderators to moderate with a light hand when they joined and something seems to have changed. I did not ask anyone to go ballistic on thread moving but that seems to be the quota for some unknown reason.

Please do not move any more threads. The disruption is not worth the organization at this time.

DjLoTi
08-24-2007, 09:53 AM
ok people but please not a bunch of spam crap/bs

JoshLowry
08-24-2007, 09:56 AM
It was fine the way it was before when we moderated with a light hand.

There was no reason for a dramatic change.

EvoPro
08-24-2007, 09:56 AM
thanks josh

DjLoTi
08-24-2007, 09:57 AM
it was getting pretty bad though, after awhile. I was getting frustrated. I just would have done it incrementally, instead of an all out assault. lol. Or maybe at 2-3 am

SeanEdwards
08-24-2007, 09:57 AM
I think that's unfortunate. I liked having topics organized into different categories and was getting quite tired of seeing everything under the sun lumped into one forum.

Obviously you can run your site however you like. I'm just expressing my opinion. Not every user of this site likes having one category for every thread. I wouldn't want the whiners who demand the right to ignore the categories to be the only voices heard on this matter.

goldenequity
08-24-2007, 09:59 AM
You know Josh,
I wish to GOD we had a President/Leader (incumbent:) )
who had your qualities.

Seriously, George Bush is so intransigent, won't EVER back up, change course,
humble himself or respond to logic or appeal.

Thank you for this and congratulations on having TRUE leadership qualities.

randy:cool:

synapz
08-24-2007, 10:01 AM
If any threads are going to be moved it will be Bryan or myself.

I don't like the disruption and things worked fine the way they were before.

I asked the new moderators to moderate with a light hand when they joined and something seems to have changed. I did not ask anyone to go ballistic on thread moving but that seems to be the quota for some unknown reason.

Please do not move any more threads. The disruption is not worth the organization at this time.

Thanks.

JoshLowry
08-24-2007, 10:03 AM
Sean, last night I asked for input and said that we would be looking at different options. Feel free to add anything you like here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=13891

In our first three months we made gradual changes but what happened in the last 24 hours is way to much of a dramatic change. We will be looking at different options this week. However, the idea is to not implement anything that it is so distracting that it takes us away from our main goal.

Santana28
08-24-2007, 10:03 AM
woo hoo! thanks josh. yeah... it was getting confusing around here, to say the least.

Back to Ron Paul "News and Discussion" :)

constituent
08-24-2007, 10:32 AM
woo who

who rey

i'm just glad the issue is behind us

SEANEDWARDS said

I wouldn't want the whiners who demand the right to ignore the categories to be the only voices heard on this matter.

constituent says

please do not turn this josh's thread into another flame war. things flow so much smoother when we all relax the insults and 'go along to get along'

sorry for the interrupt.

lucius
08-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Thanks Josh & Bryan!

rajibo
08-24-2007, 10:35 AM
The free market always sorts itself out.

fletcher
08-24-2007, 10:42 AM
Thank you.

Wendi
08-24-2007, 10:59 AM
I don't know what happened, but I'm glad to see that our voice of reason (Josh) has returned to straighten things out. Thanks!

lynnf
08-24-2007, 11:04 AM
Sean, last night I asked for input and said that we would be looking at different options. Feel free to add anything you like here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=13891

In our first three months we made gradual changes but what happened in the last 24 is way to much of a dramatic change. We will be looking at different options this week. However, the idea is to not implement anything that it is so distracting that it takes us away from our main goal.

I wondered what was going on, seemed like half of the whole front section got
moved... even topics that obviously belonged in the news and discussion section.

lynn

born2drv
08-24-2007, 11:10 AM
thank you - also it would be appreciated if someone could reach out to those who were hurt and try to get them back, we need all the support we can get.

Zydeco
08-24-2007, 12:13 PM
Thanks, Josh! I like it better this way, with less moving of threads and categorization.

nullvalu
08-24-2007, 12:28 PM
Thanks Josh, I thought the way it was before was just fine, too.