PDA

View Full Version : Anyone agree that Scott McClellan makes Ron Paul's case?

wgadget
05-28-2008, 05:21 PM
If so, great day for the Revolution...:)

szczebrzeszyn
05-28-2008, 05:22 PM
how come?

wgadget
05-28-2008, 05:22 PM
Just bringing up the lies and propaganda that led to the illegal war in Iraq.

szczebrzeszyn
05-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Yes, but we've already knew it... I have mixed feeling about this guy. After all, he was a loyal Bushie for a quite some time and he was part of that machine he's critizing now. Where were his balls back then?
Anyway, the book is not out yet, so we should definitely wait a bit before making a judgment. But, the media theatre is already running - hype over some quotes, and bashing without reading the book.

wgadget
05-28-2008, 05:29 PM
There are an awful lot of GOP (neocons) oldsters whose biggest concern is the war and the terrists...and perhaps in combination with reading the Revolution and pondering McClellan's opinions, they'll see the light.

Chibioz
05-28-2008, 05:34 PM
The discussion I saw on MSNBC today was promising. They spoke about how it was an unnecessary war sold on false information and when Tucker came on it sounded like they were talking about Ron Paul's non-interventionist talking points, but of course he wasn't mentioned.
The president's credibility has definitely been hurt now that a real white house insider is speaking out and this hurts McCain, which could perhaps help us convince some of McCain's delegates.

szczebrzeszyn
05-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Well, keep in mind he's not the first guy who writes a book after leaving Bush's office. There were such people back in 2004 when the war was "popular" and nothing changed. I'm afraid nothing will change now as well - just a few days of media hype. Well, a bit more, cause it's election year. I'm sure he'll be on Countdown or Daily show any day.
I watched some recent McCain video, where he speaks about winning the war in Iraq etc. "We won't get back home until we win!" (standing ovation) and similar BS. I was really disgusted. I'm not sure there's hope for those people...

Chibioz
05-28-2008, 05:38 PM
It is true that it could amount to little. He also will be interviewed on Countdown tomorrow. I saw more criticism of the White House than I have seen in the past from the media thanks to this story, so who knows.

MRoCkEd
05-28-2008, 06:11 PM
Well, keep in mind he's not the first guy who writes a book after leaving Bush's office. There were such people back in 2004 when the war was "popular" and nothing changed. I'm afraid nothing will change now as well - just a few days of media hype. Well, a bit more, cause it's election year. I'm sure he'll be on Countdown or Daily show any day.
I watched some recent McCain video, where he speaks about winning the war in Iraq etc. "We won't get back home until we win!" (standing ovation) and similar BS. I was really disgusted. I'm not sure there's hope for those people...
i think it was that heckler video where he says, WE WILL NEVER EVER SURRENDER IN IRAQ
Crowd: YEAAHHH!!!!

i was pissed when a caller to cspan said, " all these people criticizing mccain are taking their own security for granted!!!"

OptionsTrader
05-28-2008, 06:12 PM
It is true that it could amount to little. He also will be interviewed on Countdown tomorrow. I saw more criticism of the White House than I have seen in the past from the media thanks to this story, so who knows.

All I anticipate is being entertained by the neocons downplaying and deflecting this.

SLSteven
05-28-2008, 07:19 PM
All I anticipate is being entertained by the neocons downplaying and deflecting this.

They are saying that he is a disgruntled former colleague whose personality they don't even recognize.

wgadget
05-29-2008, 08:06 AM
Please go and correct these misguided neocon notions (actually, they're only ad hominem attacks) over at this Townhall article by Michael Reagan.

http://townhall.com/columnists/MichaelReagan/2008/05/29/a_matter_of_loyalty?comments=true#comments

JMann
05-29-2008, 08:13 AM
I agree that Scot McClellan is a hack. I'm sure much of what he says is true but he didn't have any problems getting famous and rich off of Bush and then stabbed him in the back. That kind of person isn't worth a pile of $#*& and now we don't if he was lying then to make money or lying now to make money. The only thing we know about this tool is that he lies to make money.

speciallyblend
05-29-2008, 08:14 AM
WOW talk about blind loyalty, those people over at townhall would jump off a bridge if bush told them so?? this is only shows the corruption within the gop . I'm guessing someone forgot to send a payoff to scott;) so he wrote a book;)

wgadget
05-29-2008, 08:21 AM
I agree that Scot McClellan is a hack. I'm sure much of what he says is true but he didn't have any problems getting famous and rich off of Bush and then stabbed him in the back. That kind of person isn't worth a pile of $#*& and now we don't if he was lying then to make money or lying now to make money. The only thing we know about this tool is that he lies to make money.

So? Since when is free speech and making money off limits? There are some people from the other side who say the same thing about Ron Paul and his book.

Get a grip....This is America.

Aratus
05-29-2008, 08:21 AM
i can remember when at the height of the watergate controversy we as a nation saw
richard milhous nixon give a very frustrated shove to ron ziegler. right now methinks
george w. bush wants to do likewise to a very talkative poor monsieur mcClellan... indeedy
duckies, you also did sorta figure out that the book ALSO avoids many 'truther' questions...

JMann
05-29-2008, 08:39 AM
I heard this morning the Cheney has offered to take Scotty hunting this weekend to try and smooth over their differences. If Scott isn't interest Dick suggest that he may want to take a stress relieving stroll through a Washington DC park with either Gary Condit or Hillary Clinton.

LittleLightShining
05-29-2008, 08:46 AM
I find it so odd that the word from the White House yesterday was that they were "puzzled" about the allegations. I keep getting hung up on puzzled and why they would say it. Why would they say "puzzled"? It doesn't seem like a Bushy thing to say.

jmdrake
05-29-2008, 08:46 AM
Scott McClellan is clearly an opportunist and so is his mother. When Texans were mad at governor Rick Perry over the Trans Texas corridor (part of the NAFTA superhighway that CNN calls a conspiracy theory but Lou Dobbs on CNN covers all of the time) his mother Carole Strayhorn ran as an independent on a platform of killing it (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1686927/posts). She split the vote between herself, a democrat and "Kinky" Friedman (another independent) and Perry won. Now I'm not mad at her for splitting the vote. But right after the election she released a report (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/14/AR2006121401552.html) claiming that illegal immigrants were benefiting the Texas economy. The constituency she was courting would have dumped her in a heartbeat if she had released this before the election, the vote wouldn't have been so fractured and Perry would have been out of there.

All that said this does give us a small window of opportunity. Why not use this as an avenue to call into talk shows? Talk up the fact that McClellan is an opportunist.....but then end the conversation with "But he's right about this war though. We were sold a bunch of bull. And John McAmnesty is every bit the opportunist as Scott McClellan."

Regards,

John M. Drake

jmdrake
05-29-2008, 08:47 AM
I find it so odd that the word from the White House yesterday was that they were "puzzled" about the allegations. I keep getting hung up on puzzled and why they would say it. Why would they say "puzzled"? It doesn't seem like a Bushy thing to say.

http://www.conspiracypenpal.com/images/bushidiot.jpg

acptulsa
05-29-2008, 09:01 AM
http://www.conspiracypenpal.com/images/bushidiot.jpg

One of the very few quatrains in which Nostradamus was the least bit specific about a date...

Aratus
06-02-2008, 09:05 AM
if we were lied to about iraq, why trust what is being now said about iran...?
had this book been sent to the presses quicker, this could have been dated in full.