PDA

View Full Version : How to easily invest in Gold

sean43
05-28-2008, 08:02 AM
Hello,

I have read around a lot now and read about people, especially Peter Schiff, saying to invest in Gold. I found a site which is very easy to use and you can own Gold Bullion in vaults in New York and London.

Bullion Vault (http://www.bullionvault.com/from/sean43)

Thats the site, it is from my referral so you will get 1gram free gold.

Hope this helps.

steve005
05-28-2008, 08:58 AM
spam

Bruno
05-28-2008, 09:05 AM
Can i feel it in my hands if I buy from there?

I'll stick with coin shops, I think.

Dr.3D
05-28-2008, 09:13 AM
The problem with not having the physical metal is that you don't really know if there is any metal in your account. It could be a paper representation of the metal. This has been happening more and more and people are just starting to get wise as to this problem.

Now I am not saying anything good or bad about Bullion Vault, but that one must consider what is happening at other places.

Please read this article as to what people are finding out about paper promises.
http://www.silverstockreport.com/2008/perth4.html

rockandrollsouls
05-28-2008, 09:19 AM
No one gives away a free gram of gold....

Here is a valid question, though. I'm curious if there are any websites that will let you buy gold and store it for you...almost like a digital certificate of ownership so it is easier to sell. I own physical metals, but there aren't coinshops around me or anything. Something like this would be a nice option. Does anyone know of anything similar?

Bruno
05-28-2008, 09:27 AM
No one gives away a free gram of gold....

Here is a valid question, though. I'm curious if there are any websites that will let you buy gold and store it for you...almost like a digital certificate of ownership so it is easier to sell. I own physical metals, but there aren't coinshops around me or anything. Something like this would be a nice option. Does anyone know of anything similar?

Check this out, rockandrollsouls. I'm not endorsing it, but see if it is what you are looking for.

http://goldmoney.com/en/index.php

Acala
05-28-2008, 09:33 AM
Drive over to your local coin store. Give them paper FRNs and they give you gold and silver coins and bars. As much as you want!!!! You will LOVE it! They take the pieces of paper and YOU take the chunks of precious metal!! Hahahahaha! Imagine that? And then you take it home.

But don't delay. Exchanging fiat money for hard assets undermines the Neo-American way. So it isn't likely to stay legal forever.

Bruno
05-28-2008, 09:34 AM
Drive over to your local coin store. Give them paper FRNs and they give you gold and silver coins and bars. As much as you want!!!! You will LOVE it! They take the pieces of paper and YOU take the chunks of precious metal!! Hahahahaha! Imagine that? And then you take it home.

But don't delay. Exchanging fiat money for hard assets undermines the Neo-American way. So it isn't likely to stay legal forever.

:D How true it is!

rockandrollsouls
05-28-2008, 09:35 AM
There aren't enough local coin stores....

I have already exchanged my paper for metal. Pretty good deal, I'd say.

bander87
05-28-2008, 09:49 AM
Please, nobody is crazy enough to trade fake paper money for precious metals.

weatherbill
05-28-2008, 09:50 AM
kitco.com or apmex.com is a good place to order your precious metals.

also, a great precious metals e news letter is jason hommels silver stock report (google)
he really blows the whistle on the people trading "paper gold".
He is a true patriot and a real honest dude! His news letters are excellent. He's fighting the powers that be and doing it well.

Dr.3D
05-28-2008, 09:54 AM
kitco.com or apmex.com is a good place to order your precious metals.

also, a great precious metals e news letter is jason hommels silver stock report (google)
he really blows the whistle on the people trading "paper gold".
He is a true patriot and a real honest dude! His news letters are excellent. He's fighting the powers that be and doing it well.

He had a bit to say about Kitco though....

See this article about them.
http://silverstockreport.com/2008/kitco.html

rapidtrends
05-28-2008, 10:12 AM
I think having a small amount of physical on hand is important as insurance, but I personally dont believe the government is above doing this again:

The Gold Confiscation Of April 5, 1933 (http://www.rapidtrends.com/blog/the-gold-confiscation-of-april-5-1933/)

Also, if you have a large amount it can create inconveniences in terms of security.

Finally, you have to have a market to sell it on when its time to sell it or trade it.

I prefer to use international bullion custodian with access to world markets myself, that ISNT a digital gold currency (DGC concepts compete with the governments of the world for control over the issuance of currency, a good way to get raided by the feds imo).

Acala
05-28-2008, 12:00 PM
The New Deal gold confiscation depended on two factors: voluntary cooperation of individuals in turning over their holdings and coopeation of banks in sealing safe deposit boxes. So, to avoid the next gold confiscation don't cooperate and don't keep your gold in a bank.

As for secure storage, use you imagination. If you weren't smarter than the average criminal, you wouldn't be supporting Ron Paul and buying gold and silver!

rapidtrends
05-28-2008, 02:09 PM
As for secure storage, use you imagination. If you weren't smarter than the average criminal, you wouldn't be supporting Ron Paul and buying gold and silver!

If this was in response to my post, please note that I said 'large amount'.

Some people have bullion amounts valued in the millions, at which point the common floor safe or back yard hole in the ground does not necessarily pass muster.

Acala
05-28-2008, 02:27 PM
If I had millions of dollars in bullion, I would put most of it in a safe deposit box in Switzerland. But actually you can put a million dollars worth of gold into a hole in the ground pretty easily. It is only about the size of a shoe box. Just be careful about where you put the hole. And don't forget where it is. And use your noodle.

Anytime there is another person or business between you and your gold, it is at risk. It is at risk because those people might just help themselves to it if things get bad. It is at risk because the government can confiscate it with the stroke of a pen and those people that have your gold are not going to raise a finger on your behalf. As long as you have physical possession, any attempt to confiscate it or steal it must begin with finding it or finding you. And you will be in a position to make both of those things hard to do. If anyone else has possession of your gold, you are at their mercy.

Do what you like. But don't think the government can't make almost anyone turn over your assets. Only the Swiss will fight to protect your deposits. And I wouldn't even bet it all on them.

rapidtrends
05-28-2008, 04:45 PM
The difference between you and I, with respect Acala, is you are speaking from theory and conjecture, while I am speaking from experience.

I have gold vaulted in Switzerland. My clients have gold vaulted in switzerland.

No one I know has attempted to liquidate a million worth of gold, under conditions of duress in a local market.

To liquidate such volume, you need global markets access. Simply not done burying it in your back yard.

Acala
05-28-2008, 04:54 PM
Rapidtrends, I'm not sure what your point is.

OP mentioned an investment in gold that involved trusting somebody else to hold the gold for you and suggested it was easy.

I simply pointed out that buying gold at your local coin store is easier.

And your point is? That liquidating milions in gold bullion is hard to do on a local level in times of turmoil? I wouldn't disagree. But that really wasn't the question.