PDA

View Full Version : What is the primary goal of the candidacy now?

Madison
05-28-2008, 03:34 AM
Another poll...to you what is the *primary* goal of the RP candidacy as it stands now?

Kludge
05-28-2008, 03:45 AM
No idea wtf the goal is now.... I suppose to keep his ideas circulating.

WRellim
05-28-2008, 03:46 AM
OTHER:

A) Promote BOOK $ALE$.

B) Pay salaries for core friends, family (and granddaughter's current squeeze).

C) Take leftover 4 Million and start some "organization or foundation" that does more of A & B.

Conza88
05-28-2008, 03:49 AM
OTHER:

A) Win the nomination

B) EDUCATION - books, rallies, meetups, RP's education classes

C) Get RP speaking time at the RNC

D) WAKE people the f--k up.. This is bigger than the candidacy. It's the movement.

kylejack
05-28-2008, 03:56 AM
A) Promote BOOK $ALE$.

B) Pay salaries for core friends, family (and granddaughter's current squeeze).

yes this

newyearsrevolution08
05-28-2008, 03:58 AM
COME ON...........

Do you guys STILL think this is 100% about ron paul?

how can we get this message across if the people WITHIN this effort itself have ZERO clue...

WRellim
05-28-2008, 03:58 AM
OTHER:

A) Win the nomination

B) EDUCATION - books, rallies, meetups, RP's education classes

C) Get RP speaking time at the RNC

D) WAKE people the f--k up.. This is bigger than the candidacy. It's the movement.

But the money is NOT under the control of the movement. It was given to the campaign.

BTW, your list...

A) Get real.

B) They are CHARGING for the current book... and Meetups are (always have been) self-funded. Do you REALLY think the campaign is going to spend ITS cash to hand out free books? (And BTW, the "big" rallies were all about raising funds... ever about spending it... just look at the current speech venues.)

C) Fat Chance.... what is the campaign gonna do? BUY 10 minutes of speech time by giving McCain/RNC a check for $4 Million -- a lynch mob would descend on Lake Jackson.

D) That's right, it is... but the money and the goal of the "CAMPAIGN/CANDIDACY" are (sadly) not the same as the "movement."

Conza88
05-28-2008, 04:30 AM

Joe3113
05-28-2008, 05:48 AM
But the money is NOT under the control of the movement. It was given to the campaign.

BTW, your list...

A) Get real.

B) They are CHARGING for the current book... and Meetups are (always have been) self-funded. Do you REALLY think the campaign is going to spend ITS cash to hand out free books? (And BTW, the "big" rallies were all about raising funds... ever about spending it... just look at the current speech venues.)

C) Fat Chance.... what is the campaign gonna do? BUY 10 minutes of speech time by giving McCain/RNC a check for $4 Million -- a lynch mob would descend on Lake Jackson.

D) That's right, it is... but the money and the goal of the "CAMPAIGN/CANDIDACY" are (sadly) not the same as the "movement."

OK ... who are you and ...

kylejack
05-28-2008, 07:09 AM
The personal attacks and stupid image macros are not necessary.

Mahkato
05-28-2008, 07:26 AM

+1

OTOH, saying things like "Fat chance" and leaving it at that do sort of invite that.

As to the poll, I think that the candidacy is an ongoing national civics lesson. If one or a dozen or a hundred people a day are, for the first time, learning about the world in which they live, Ron Paul may as well "stay in the race" even after the general election.

Conza88
05-28-2008, 08:10 AM
OTOH, saying things like "Fat chance" and leaving it at that do sort of invite that.

If anyones going to reply to my comments; they better do it with some kind of logic and reasoning. I am like the proper role of government. Defensive.

“When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.” ~ William Blake

mport1
05-28-2008, 08:17 AM
It should be education, the most effective means of achieving liberty.

spacehabitats
05-28-2008, 08:47 AM
If it were ANY of the above, or just raising the awareness of the American public and advancing the cause of liberty, Ron Paul would be camping out in the primary states and having as many personal appearances as possible.

High Tide promos are great, canvassing indispensable; but you have to have a flesh and blood candidate with his feet on the ground in a state to have a any chance at all of winning.

With all the wonderful attention his book has gotten, and all of the warm reception he has been getting in his rallies, none of this scares our opponents as much as his recent high percentages in the primary votes!

If Ron Paul REALLY wants to help this movement he will go to South Dakota NOW and stay there until the last primary ballot is counted!

mconder
05-28-2008, 08:51 AM
Convert people's hearts and minds to the ideas of liberty, one soul at a time. Take a idle, self-indulgent, souless people and wake them up to their awful situation. Give them the tools to free their captive minds and make them believe in themselves and their God again, instead of government.

WRellim
05-28-2008, 09:06 AM

They are for people like the above... next thing they will resort to violence... they'll take a gun out and shoot their computer screen in a rage-filled-act of vengeance. :D

Conza88
05-28-2008, 07:33 PM
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6366/retarded8oi5.jpg

BTW, your list...

A) Get real.

Obviously, you lack comprehension skills.. or seriously underestimate mine. Obviously!!! - the movement does not control the campaigns finances - WOW, what do you think I am? 3? AND NO! The campaign has set up its own Federal Reserve Bank system! We never gave them any money, they just printed it out of thin air...! :rolleyes: Geezus christ some people are thick.

A) Get ----ed. You ain't God buddy, sorry to blow your ego. You can't tell whats going to happen tomorrow; let alone 4 months jack---.
And do you even know what a 'goal' is? -- Probably not.. I wouldn't hold my breathe betting you've never set nor reached one in your life.
The question was; "Primary Goal?" - now let me ask you; what is the goal of running for president of the United States? To win office, Mr. "IQ < 60". How do you run for office? You win your parties nominee-ship...

B) You have a reaaaall small mind don't you. CHECK YOUR PREMISES mate. You think I was automatically subscribing in terms of 'only the campaign'; thats why you're w-r-o-n-g.. and so is the OP. SO in answer to your retarded statement, no I don't think the campaign should spend its money of buying books. The MOVEMENT SHOULD; i.e to WAKE PEOPLE UP. The whole point of the god damn movement, and how do you spread the message?... OH I dunno, buy one of his books. Geez. People like you, make me question humanity. The point of Ron Paul rallies is to continue the EDUCATION - Rp's said it himself -- OR don't you take his word for it? :rolleyes:

C) GOAL of the candidacy, man you must be illiterate. And What are you doing to help the movement? Nothin' but sit on your FAT negative behind.

D) Thats right, my point all along. And no, you're 100% wrong - they're relatively synonymous both have common goals, ask THE CANDIDATE.

Next thing they will resort to violence... they'll take a gun out and shoot their computer screen in a rage-filled-act of vengeance. :D

Violence is justified when its in self-defence to protect your life, liberty or property.
Violence is force. And as Washington pointed out; the government is force. It's proper role is to protect those rights. In this scenario, my gestures and comments were defensive, they were retaliatory - not inflammatory. I was replying to your excessively ignorant rebuttal of mine.

The above comments were removed/censored because I broke forum rules? Well you did too.

+ No excessive / pointless negativity on the campaign, its future or elements of it. All messages with a negative tone about the campaign from new users must provide supportive facts as to why there is a perceived negative and provide some suggested solutions to the issue.

JS4Pat
05-28-2008, 07:35 PM
OTHER

WAKE people the f--k up.. This is bigger than the candidacy. It's the movement.

http://www.RLCNF.org (http://republican.meetup.com/609/)

haigh
05-28-2008, 08:21 PM
> What is the primary goal of the candidacy now?

To create one or more news events at the GOP Convention that can influence the policy debate and the voter direction of the RPM.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
05-28-2008, 08:27 PM
nt

WRellim
05-28-2008, 08:33 PM
The above comments were removed/censored because I broke forum rules? Well you did too.

+ No excessive / pointless negativity on the campaign, its future or elements of it. All messages with a negative tone about the campaign from new users must provide supportive facts as to why there is a perceived negative and provide some suggested solutions to the issue.

Hey I didn't flag your post -- you must have offended someone else.

Since I figure the caption applied to the photographer, and you supplied the picture... well, why should *I* be offended at names you choose to insult yourself with? :D

In addition, in my lifetime I have met many "mentally challenged" individuals, and it seems they are all more stable, happier, better able to deal with the ambiguities of reality, and well... in general less "troubled" than your posts seem, so... if you were aiming it at me, I guess I'd take it as a compliment! :)

You need to lighten up and see that not everything posted by everyone is so deadly serious. Sometimes it's meant for irony or humor's sake.

Madison
05-28-2008, 09:14 PM
-wake people up
-get them into organized groups of the movement
-get people elected
-get moles placed in opposition groups

And when we have them surrounded and the time is right, we let the hammer drop, start arresting people and stop all this insanity.

Then we hang the noose in a public area in D.C. and start the treason trials, and start hanging all the guilty demons....

And let's not let all this happen again, OK?

Good plan.