PDA

View Full Version : High Tide Works! 24% in ID! Donate to SD High Tide AD!

skyorbit
05-27-2008, 11:41 PM
The 2 states that we did best in (PA and ID) Both had the High Tide Ad

It's NOT to late to donate!

http://alcpac.chipin.com/high-tide-s-dakota-2

Tracy

Miexon
05-27-2008, 11:42 PM
It definitely shows in the counties where High Tide was used!

skyorbit
05-27-2008, 11:50 PM
Please SPAM All your Meet-up Groups about this.
Post Myspace bullitons
Post FAcebook Notes.
Post all your Yahoo, Myspace, and Facebook Groups about this.

LEt's get her done!!!

Tracy

skyorbit
05-28-2008, 12:11 AM
bump

Libertarian Ideals
05-28-2008, 02:29 AM
bump

South Dakota has less than 1 million people. We can easily afford to buy ads in this state.

Jeremy
05-28-2008, 04:15 AM
im not saying it doesnt work, but i think Idaho was suppose to be a good state :)

skyorbit
05-28-2008, 08:34 AM
Well, I think the point is, making sure all the Ron Paul people know he's still in the race. They wouldn't have showed if it wasn't for The High Tide.

Help SD Out.

Tracy

amy31416
05-28-2008, 08:41 AM
It definitely shows in the counties where High Tide was used!

What counties did it play in Idaho?

limequat
05-28-2008, 08:48 AM
I'd be interested in seeing a test to see if the counties where High-Tide played are a subset of the rest of the counties. I think it's a 2 sample T-Test. I'll donate $100 if this test shows that they are not from the same data set. Who wants to crunch the numbers?

dielivin
05-28-2008, 08:56 AM
sent $25

Go Idaho!

torchbearer
05-28-2008, 09:08 AM
I'd be interested in seeing a test to see if the counties where High-Tide played are a subset of the rest of the counties. I think it's a 2 sample T-Test. I'll donate $100 if this test shows that they are not from the same data set. Who wants to crunch the numbers?

AdamT should be able to provide a coverage map.
One thing these numbers won't show us.... how much saturation is enough to make an impact?

limequat
05-28-2008, 09:10 AM
AdamT should be able to provide a coverage map.
One thing these numbers won't show us.... how much saturation is enough to make an impact?

Right. But, if we can show that it made a difference, then we know that more is better:)

amy31416
05-28-2008, 09:11 AM

Good idea, but first we need to know what counties it played in and take into account factors such as canvassing.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I don't think that the High Tide Ad is really responsible for us getting 24%. I'd like to see proof. I appreciate the enthusiasm, the video itself, all of that--but it's also likely that it ran in places where we did miserably.

SamuraisWisdom
05-28-2008, 09:20 AM
Good idea, but first we need to know what counties it played in and take into account factors such as canvassing.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I don't think that the High Tide Ad is really responsible for us getting 24%. I'd like to see proof. I appreciate the enthusiasm, the video itself, all of that--but it's also likely that it ran in places where we did miserably.

From the Idaho Results thread:

The ad aired in Shoshone, Kootenai & Bonner Counties in the north.

Ada, Canyon, Jefferson, Madison, & Bonneville Counties in the south.

So this means that:

- Shoshone = 25%
- Kootenai = 30%
- Bonner = 30%
- Ada = 25%
- Canyon = 28%
- Jefferson = 24%
- Madison = 17%
- Bonneville = 20%

And taking all the votes tallied up in those counties, Paul got 26%. I triple checked the numbers, anyone else can calculate it out if they want.

amy31416
05-28-2008, 09:21 AM
From the Idaho Results thread:

Thanks.

limequat
05-28-2008, 11:12 AM
I get a P value of 0.34, meaning statistically insignificant.

itshappening
05-28-2008, 11:26 AM
this neeeds to be bumped for eternity !!

AdamT
05-28-2008, 11:43 AM
I'm sure running the ad helped, considering how little we had to spend. Lew Rockwell had this to say this morning.

Ron Paul's Best Showing
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/021225.html

Why the 24% in Idaho? Well, that state, like the rest of the American West, has always had a strong libertarian streak. Opposition to federal power is stoked by the vast amounts of land the feds continue to squat on, with their arrogant, militarized BLM and Park Service occupation forces. Also, the one ad to run was the heroic High Tide, which shows forth Ron's oppositon to war and empire. I hear it is also running in South Dakota, where Ron will also do well next Tuesday. And how neat that the classic bitter old man sending the young men to war got just 70% (6% were undecided).

torchbearer
05-28-2008, 11:44 AM
I get a P value of 0.34, meaning statistically insignificant.

could mean not enough not saturation

SamuraisWisdom
05-28-2008, 11:52 AM
I should also add from my last post in this thread that the counties where the ad was NOT run Paul got 22%. That is compared to the 26% he received in the counties where it DID run.

limequat
05-28-2008, 01:05 PM
could mean not enough not saturation

Possibly. I'm keeping my $100 for now.

AdamT
05-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Possibly. I'm keeping my $100 for now.

Another $100 would increase our saturation.

Lord Xar
05-28-2008, 02:35 PM
I suggested this previously, this commercial is working!! WORKING VERY WELL!!!!

DONATE DONATE DONATE!!!!

Lord Xar
05-28-2008, 02:39 PM
Everyone, take note of those saying "don't donate, not enough difference" etc.... Basically, they are trying to derail this commercial when they don't offer ANYTHING ELSE for their dutiful work.

In other words, they are trying to dissuade donations yet have no alternative course of action.

From what I can tell, THIS IS THE ONLY SIGNIFICANT THING RUNNING RIGHT NOW FOR RON'S CAMPAIGN!!

DONATE DONATE DONATE!

Trust me, a 4,5 or even 10% up in Ron's votes is HUGEEEEEE. Remember the days when we would flyer and flyer and take out ads in papers etc.... and what did that get us in benefit?

DONATE TO THIS COMMERCIAL. IT WORKS!

Thomas_Paine
05-28-2008, 03:32 PM
just donated $25, BUMP for South Dakota!

torchbearer
05-28-2008, 03:36 PM
Everyone, take note of those saying "don't donate, not enough difference" etc.... Basically, they are trying to derail this commercial when they don't offer ANYTHING ELSE for their dutiful work.

In other words, they are trying to dissuade donations yet have no alternative course of action.

From what I can tell, THIS IS THE ONLY SIGNIFICANT THING RUNNING RIGHT NOW FOR RON'S CAMPAIGN!!

DONATE DONATE DONATE!

Trust me, a 4,5 or even 10% up in Ron's votes is HUGEEEEEE. Remember the days when we would flyer and flyer and take out ads in papers etc.... and what did that get us in benefit?

TV exposure is the number 1 builder of credibility. Everyone of my advisors told me this... Bobby Jindal won the governors race without buying one billboard. His opponents were on every billboard.
Jindal flooded the TV market. Everytime you turned on the TV you saw him.
That makes a huge impact on those copper-tops.

skyorbit
05-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the vote of Confidence Llord Zar.

Adam actually said that if we raise more money after the deadline -- if it's more then enough to compensate for the overnight mailing, he'll buy more ads.

Tracy

hotbrownsauce
05-28-2008, 09:43 PM
bump

Eric21ND
05-28-2008, 10:15 PM

DONATE DONATE DONATE!

This is so correct. If I could ask Ron one thing it would be who the heck was in charge of media buys. We had some of the most innovative and creative commercials playing on youtube, with $35 million in the bank we could've brought all those amazing videos to tvs almost everywhere. I would've probably hired a few people off this forum just to pump out high quality grassroots inspiring videos for the campaign. What continues to BLOW my mind is that we raised millions hand over fist for the campaign, and we don't really get any tangible out of that donation, here is an amazing advertising tool at our disposal and we can't raise $4000 bucks??

Captain America
05-28-2008, 10:30 PM
more people need to see this, it may turn them on to reading about the message. Limited government, civil liberties, no private owned central bank which gives non elected peope power over our lives and makes a larger gab between poor and rich. It also destroyes the middle class, as you can see today.

Eric21ND
05-28-2008, 10:46 PM
Just to add...I would've also bought ad time attacking McCain and Obama. There are some great videos floating around youtube that are just dying to be played on network tv to the masses...oh man they'd create a firestorm and probably be a news story in themselves.

itshappening
05-29-2008, 11:56 AM
keep it bumped

Miexon
05-29-2008, 12:06 PM
bump!
Already donated a ton of money to the high tide program and i like seeing returns like this!
Help us out people!