PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Conservative Delegate Team?

Michael Landon
05-27-2008, 07:59 PM
Did any other Minnesota Ron Paul Delegates receive a letter in the mail today from the "Minnesota Conservative Delegate Team?"

This letter pissed me off.

Here it is:

Dear Republican friend,

Conservatives must unite if Barack Obama is to be defeated in November. As conservative leaders in this state and in our party, we have come together to seek your support for the positions of National Delegate, Alternate, and Presidential Elector.

As members of the Minnesota Conservative Delegate Team, we began this campaign season supporting a wide array of candidates for President. The primary and caucus season was hard fought, but fair. Through the rigorous nomination process, John McCain has emerged victorious as the presumptive nominee of the Republican Party. As members of the Minnesota Conservative Delegate Team, we are pledging our support to John McCain should you elect us to the positions we seek at the upcoming Republican State Convention.

Unfortunately, the supporters of Ron Paul still refuse to unite our party behind our presumptive nominee. At our Congressional District conventions, the Paul supporters ran slates of candidates seeking to thwart the will of the majority of those who have already united behind John McCain. Paul supporters are promising to do the same at our State Convention by fielding a slate of candidates who continue to refuse to accept the outcome of the primary season.

You can help launch our party to victory in November in a few important ways. First, please attend the Republican State Convention in Rochester. The convention will come to oder at 9 AM on Friday, May 30. Please be registered and in your chair by 9 AM. Virtually every Paul supporter in the state will be in Rochester. Let's not let the will of the vast majority be overcome by a tiny, organized and motivated minority.

Second, support the Minnesota Conservative Delegate Team with your vote. Whatever success Paul supporters have had in Minnesota conventions has largely been the result of the failure of mainstream conservative Republicans to unite behind a qualified team of party leaders. A fragmented votes opens the door for the organized minority to have much more voice and control than their numbers justify. Unite behind the Minnesota Conservative Delegate Team.

Finally, reject efforts of the Paul minority to disrupt and manipulate our convention with challenges to the convention rules and procedures. Cries for "fairness" by the Paul group are simply desperate tactics by a minority who simply don't have the votes and wish to overcome the will of the majority. Manufactured confusion and delay has been the standard for Paul supporters at other State GOP conventions. Support the Committee Reports that will be presented and don't open the door for Paul manipulation.

History has taught us that Republicans need to stand united if we are to win in November. The civil war that is ripping the Democrats apart does not need to occur within our party; we have our nominee, John McCain.

Sincerely,
Friends of the Minnesota Conservative Delegate Team

Paid for by Minnesota Conservative Delegate Team, 4521 Belvidere Lane, Edina, MN 55435. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

clover
05-27-2008, 09:08 PM
Thanks for posting this- I heard about it but haven't received it (I'm probably on their list of known 'enemies' of 'unity').

I do not, cannot, will not, understand the argument that because people in OTHER STATES chose McCain in THEIR primaries, that somehow that defines the will of Minnesota Republicans. It certainly doesn't represent the people I talked to on Super Tuesday. Why I should support people who try to bully ME so that they can bully everyone in our state from St. Paul is beyond me.

teshuah
05-28-2008, 09:21 AM
yes, the majority in my precinct did NOT like McCain! Romney won, then Ron Paul, Then Huckabee then McCain.. that was my precinct anyway.

oldagg
05-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Dear M C D T :

IF McCain stood for any of the Republican Platform principles - it might be different. AND, if the Party apparatus had not used lies, strong-arm tactics, broken the rules and frozen NEW REPUBLICANS like me out of the system - iall across the country - t might be different.

The fact that a democract in disguise who favors gun control, amnesty for illegals (the "lesson" he learned ? WHICH HE HAS ALREADY BACK_PEDDLED ON!!), has already passed a bill limiting MY 1st Amendment Rights, etc etc etc and who sees nothing wrong with 100-year wars - the fact that such a man has the party's nomination shows just how controlled the party is by the Neo-con; one - world ; big money guys.

If you want republican unity - start BEING Republicans and support the constitution NOT some anointed liberal hack.

One Texas Conservative's Opinion

Oldagg

Juvenal
05-28-2008, 08:55 PM
I have to wonder if this tactic might backfire on them. The "conservative" republicans might not like the team using the term in support of McCain. But fear-mongering has become the calling card of the neo-cons.

Michael Landon
12-23-2011, 09:36 PM
Bump for Minnesota. Remember this is the kind of shit we need to be on the look out for.

- ML

rodo1776
12-27-2011, 05:51 AM
Totally ML. They will try the same crap this time around. You remember how they used this tactic to push through their SLATE of delegates at the state convention in 2008 and rip us off?

Just as an aside to this issue I was reading with glee the following story in the Strib the other day.

http://www.startribune.com/politics/statelocal/136121763.html

The Michael Brodkorb asshat was the one behind putting together the whole Minnesota Conservative Delegate Team. He also was elected a national delegate on the slate.

Nice to see that what goes around comes around with people like this prick who screwed us. I hope he stays unemployed.

As yo usay watch out they will try this crap again. Thanks fr pointing this out.

chudrockz
12-27-2011, 07:31 AM
Re-bump and standing ready for Ron in Mankato!

If we're organized enough, I'll (once again) be a precinct and county convention Ron Paul delegate!

Badger Paul
12-27-2011, 08:57 AM
"The Michael Brodkorb asshat was the one behind putting together the whole Minnesota Conservative Delegate Team. He also was elected a national delegate on the slate."

Why am I not surprised by this? And of course it was totally in his character to attack Tom Emmer on his way out the door.

You can find jerks like Mike Brodkorb in GOP's all over the country. These flunkies only care about politics as a game, my team against your team, a career for themselves either off the taxpayer dole (as Bordkorb was working for the state Senate majority) or living off money scammed out of blue-haired old ladies. The start off as bright-eyed Young Republicans/College Republicans and turn into professional politicans. That's how people like Lee Atwater and Karl Rove started out., It's these people who we're up against these people who we have to get rid of if we take over the party because they're are essentially nothing more than parasites living off the system. It's time for these blue blazered assholes to shove off.