PDA

View Full Version : Ron Demption Article

Miexon
05-27-2008, 03:52 PM
http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2008/05/27/ron-paul-tatto-in-jeopardy/

"With the Idaho Republican primary mere hours away, I thought I would be more nervous than I am now. I agreed to get a Ron Paul tattoo if the good Dr. were to win, outright, the starchy wonderland. Although Operation RonDemption showed early promise, it looks like my right arm is safe, and thousands of Paulites like this one, from Daily Dose, are headed for disappointment.

Let's fill those tattoo parlors with a Ron Paul Victory in Idaho!

I was inspired to create Operation: RonDemption by the relative success of Rush Limbaugh's Operation: Chaos. It stood to reason that Ron Paul supporters, united in common cause with Democrats who missed the Idaho caucuses, would blow away a bunch of Dittoheads and hand John McCain a defeat in Idaho.

Sometimes, it helps to visualize, so I had the scientists at Political Machine Laboratories put together this simulation, so you can see what the tattoo might look like.

The Texas Congressman has been scoring impressive results against presumptive nominee John McCain, most recently winning 15% of the vote in Oregon, but with low turnout due to a settled nomination, it's going to take a much more dramatic result to make this more than a footnote. Idaho's open primary is a rare opportunity for Paul boosters and Democrats to work together.

After an initial outburst of support from the Paul-o-sphere, the interest has been steady, but flat.

There's still time left, however. As noted Klingon statesman Kang once said, "A thousand throats can be cut in one night by a running man." (It doesn't sound so harsh in the original Klingese.)

In one night, if every Ron Paul supporter, and every Democrat, forwards this to the people on their email list, we could blanket the country by dinnertime. That would include Iowa. By tomorrow night, McCain's credibility as a candidate, to paraphrase Jim Croce, could look like a Mr. Potatohead with a couple of pieces gone."

torchbearer
05-27-2008, 03:57 PM
forward.

Fields
05-27-2008, 05:13 PM
forward.

+1