PDA

View Full Version : Delegates in Texas Need Help With Legal Suits etc.(URGENT).

Kotin
05-27-2008, 03:06 PM
We need to receive pledges for a total of about $2,750 by the end of the day. This is extremely important. Virtually everything that we want to accomplish at the State Convention requires that this legal effort be resolved in our favor.

People that are going to contribute should send an e-mail to Debra @ dmedina@prudentia.us, telling her that they are sending a check, and how much they are sending. This must be done TODAY.

Checks should then be mailed as soon as possible to: Wharton County Republican Party, P.O. Box 831, Wharton, TX 77488. Memo: Legal Fees

The following is forwarded from Deborah Medina, Republican Party Chairman, Wharton County, TX:

Despite three weeks of negotiating with the Texas Republican Party, they are refusing to sign an agreement to follow the law at the state convention. Specifically to hold the election of the permanent convention chair and seating of the permanent roll before conducting any official convention business. This is simple and basic protocol, is followed at both precinct and county conventions and is laid out in the Texas Election Code.

Gary Polland has requested a media campaign as well as an additional $4000 to take the case to court. I am emailing others around the state to attempt to raise these additional funds. Please let me know if you are able/willing to contribute specifically for this purpose and/or if you have any questions or concerns. Mail checks to Wharton Co. Republican Party PO Box 831 Wharton Tx 77488 (memo legal fees)

I expect that we will begin to see information in the state and perhaps national media on Tuesday.

Incidentally, one of the first state convention actions is a meeting by the "officials" committee (a sub-committee of the SREC staffed by the state party chair, vice chair, treasurer, national committeewoman, national committeeman, and three SREC members). The purpose of this meeting, held Tuesday night in Austin, is to review all challenges submitted to the state convention, specifically, according to rule 27b2, "without attempting to assess merit or lack of merit, conduct a preliminary review of each challenge in order to establish whether the basis for the challenge is valid under the rules". Rule 14, of course, stipulates that all meetings of any convention are to be open to delegates and alternates.

Despite sending a written professional parliamentary opinion and giving advance notice that guests planned to attend this meeting in Austin, delegates from Travis, Tarrant, Dallas, Nueces, Hays, San Patricio, Brazos and Robertson Counties were not allowed to attend the meeting. The committee met behind closed doors, and behind closed doors apparently voted to meet in Executive Session (and sent the state party legal counsel outside to so advise the waiting delegates). They waited patiently in the RPT lobby for the duration of the meeting. Most members of the committee entered and exited the offices through a back door so the delegates are unaware as to even which committee members were actually in attendance at the meeting and no official results have yet been received. This too will result in the filing of another challenge to be resolved by the delegates at the state convention.

I shared with one embattled delegate today that we are to encourage one another as we are toiling sweat, tears, emotion, time and energy but failing to protect these fundamental rights to free speech, to the freedom of assembly will result in our children shedding blood to regain a government of the people, by the people and for the people.

constituent
05-27-2008, 04:27 PM
We need to receive pledges for a total of about $2,750 by the end of the day. This is extremely important. Virtually everything that we want to accomplish at the State Convention requires that this legal effort be resolved in our favor.

People that are going to contribute should send an e-mail to Debra @ dmedina@prudentia.us, telling her that they are sending a check, and how much they are sending. This must be done TODAY.

Checks should then be mailed as soon as possible to: Wharton County Republican Party, P.O. Box 831, Wharton, TX 77488. Memo: Legal Fees

The following is forwarded from Deborah Medina, Republican Party Chairman, Wharton County, TX:

Despite three weeks of negotiating with the Texas Republican Party, they are refusing to sign an agreement to follow the law at the state convention. Specifically to hold the election of the permanent convention chair and seating of the permanent roll before conducting any official convention business. This is simple and basic protocol, is followed at both precinct and county conventions and is laid out in the Texas Election Code.

Gary Polland has requested a media campaign as well as an additional $4000 to take the case to court. I am emailing others around the state to attempt to raise these additional funds. Please let me know if you are able/willing to contribute specifically for this purpose and/or if you have any questions or concerns. Mail checks to Wharton Co. Republican Party PO Box 831 Wharton Tx 77488 (memo legal fees)

I expect that we will begin to see information in the state and perhaps national media on Tuesday.

Incidentally, one of the first state convention actions is a meeting by the "officials" committee (a sub-committee of the SREC staffed by the state party chair, vice chair, treasurer, national committeewoman, national committeeman, and three SREC members). The purpose of this meeting, held Tuesday night in Austin, is to review all challenges submitted to the state convention, specifically, according to rule 27b2, "without attempting to assess merit or lack of merit, conduct a preliminary review of each challenge in order to establish whether the basis for the challenge is valid under the rules". Rule 14, of course, stipulates that all meetings of any convention are to be open to delegates and alternates.

Despite sending a written professional parliamentary opinion and giving advance notice that guests planned to attend this meeting in Austin, delegates from Travis, Tarrant, Dallas, Nueces, Hays, San Patricio, Brazos and Robertson Counties were not allowed to attend the meeting. The committee met behind closed doors, and behind closed doors apparently voted to meet in Executive Session (and sent the state party legal counsel outside to so advise the waiting delegates). They waited patiently in the RPT lobby for the duration of the meeting. Most members of the committee entered and exited the offices through a back door so the delegates are unaware as to even which committee members were actually in attendance at the meeting and no official results have yet been received. This too will result in the filing of another challenge to be resolved by the delegates at the state convention.

I shared with one embattled delegate today that we are to encourage one another as we are toiling sweat, tears, emotion, time and energy but failing to protect these fundamental rights to free speech, to the freedom of assembly will result in our children shedding blood to regain a government of the people, by the people and for the people.

wow, in wharton? have you contacted the victoria meetup? is there a ft. bend or el campo meetup?

Kotin
05-27-2008, 04:35 PM
I haven't personally, but I'm sure they know. I will make sure! ;)

Spread the word please!

jake
05-27-2008, 05:21 PM
bump.