PDA

View Full Version : UN: Child sex for food scandal?

Mongoose470
05-27-2008, 01:32 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24838344/

Yep, this is the organization we surrender our sovereignty to.

Utterly despicable. People were condemning the junta for not allowing UN disaster workers?????

yongrel
05-27-2008, 01:41 PM
"Child sex" isn't quite as easy on the ears as "oil."

Mongoose470
05-27-2008, 01:45 PM
"Child sex" isn't quite as easy on the ears as "oil."

Well we know what the oil was for.

It wasn't intended to be easy on the ears. I am completely unconcerned about protecting the precious, fragile ears of the politically correct generation.

kombayn
05-27-2008, 01:54 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080527/ap_on_re_eu/war_zones_sex_abuse

I just read the story too. We need to immediately with-drawl from this heinous group. This is disgusting.

autobot
05-27-2008, 01:59 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=140059

I started a thread about it, too.....Sick results of international lawkeepers.

Think about it stepfathers and live in boyfriends are much, much more likely to abuse than biological fathers....How much worse to have aliens with unchecked power around to "protect' and be in charge of who gets to eat. Those men have no regard for those children as fellow humans.

Human nature just at its worst here.

Mongoose470
05-27-2008, 02:07 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=140059

I started a thread about it, too.....Sick results of international lawkeepers.

Think about it stepfathers and live in boyfriends are much, much more likely to abuse than biological fathers....How much worse to have aliens with unchecked power around to "protect' and be in charge of who gets to eat. Those men have no regard for those children as fellow humans.

Human nature just at its worst here.

How much worse will it be when we give the corrupt selected elite absolute power to handle these "complicated issues of the 21st century?"

Helping the poor and needy is always at the forefront of propaganda to submit to authority. Jim Jones, Hitler, etc.

autobot
05-27-2008, 02:23 PM
Teenagers and young adults should understand this better than anyone.

If you live off of your parents but then they are in charge of you.

If teens could understand it, why can't progressives!!!:mad:

phixion
05-27-2008, 02:28 PM
Lest we not forget crying rape in these countries can bring in plenty of money for the so-called victims and their families.

See here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/3160988.stm) and here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/3184673.stm) and here (http://www.samizdata.net/blog/archives/2003/10/rape_is_where_the_smart_money.html).

Tales such as 'I was gang-raped by 10 men' sound a little too fantastical for my liking. Sorry.

I am not saying abuse does not go on, clearly where there's oppertunity and bad people it will always happen, but we must be wary of false oppertunistic claims.

Pete

Mongoose470
05-27-2008, 02:35 PM
Lest we not forget crying rape in these countries can bring in plenty of money for the so-called victims and their families.

See here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/3160988.stm) and here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/3184673.stm) and here (http://www.samizdata.net/blog/archives/2003/10/rape_is_where_the_smart_money.html).

Tales such as 'I was gang-raped by 10 men' sound a little too fantastical for my liking. Sorry.

I am not saying abuse does not go on, clearly where there's oppertunity and bad people it will always happen, but we must be wary of false oppertunistic claims.

Pete

In this case, the UN investigated 300 workers. "This resulted in the summary dismissal of 18 civilians and the repatriation of 17 international police and 144 military personnel, she said."

I think there's more than smoke to the Sex for Food Scandal.

phixion
05-27-2008, 02:40 PM
In this case, the UN investigated 300 workers. "This resulted in the summary dismissal of 18 civilians and the repatriation of 17 international police and 144 military personnel, she said."

I think there's more than smoke to the Sex for Food Scandal.

I think you're right.

It would be interesting to see the regional/geographical breakdown of the offenders.

Pete

autobot
05-27-2008, 02:41 PM

Pete

You obviously have never had a heart to heart with an attractive woman who got left alone at a party.....Go to a college dorm and start talking to young women....

You are naive... Which is good. Means you can't imagine how evil many people are.
That's great.

Mongoose470
05-27-2008, 02:53 PM
You obviously have never had a heart to heart with an attractive woman who got left alone at a party.....Go to a college dorm and start talking to young women....

You are naive... Which is good. Means you can't imagine how evil many people are.
That's great.

Or at a Frathouse.

Truth Warrior
05-27-2008, 03:00 PM
Sex for UN food ........................ AGAIN? :p :rolleyes:

amy31416
05-27-2008, 03:01 PM

That's great.

Rape or an attempt at such has happened to more women than most people can imagine, even in cultures like ours that have sort of stopped blaming the victim.

It is especially rampant when there is an imbalance of power and nobody looking out for you.

That said, there are obviously women who cry rape when it's BS--they are scum. I doubt that these kids are doing that unless someone is giving them motivation to do so, hopefully that isn't the case.

phixion
05-27-2008, 03:17 PM

That's great.

I think you will find it is you who is the one who'se naive.

Many a young whore often regret their actions of the night before and will justify their regretful behaivour in many ways to themselves, friends and male patsy's such as yourself who lend your sympathetic ear to them.

I put it to you that you can't imagine how twisted many women are to the point they allow themselves to get in to the wrong kinds of situations with men. Unfortunately from my observations I can only conclude it is in their nature and mostly seek out drama, etc. And that certainly isn't very good for you, as you will forever be used and abused by the majority of them.

Now.. this has little to do with child sex abuse and I have no wish to hi-jack the thread.

Pete

Mongoose470
05-27-2008, 03:30 PM
Then do us a favor and make your own he-man, woman bashing thread.

This case involves men, women and children.

Mongoose470
05-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Rape or an attempt at such has happened to more women than most people can imagine, even in cultures like ours that have sort of stopped blaming the victim.

It is especially rampant when there is an imbalance of power and nobody looking out for you.

That said, there are obviously women who cry rape when it's BS--they are scum. I doubt that these kids are doing that unless someone is giving them motivation to do so, hopefully that isn't the case.

We're still heavily into blaming the victim. Police often discourage or outright threaten people, then they recant. There is a growing belief among so called interrogation experts in LE that if you are really telling the truth, you'll stick to your story even in the face of coersion and threats.

Furthermore rape is an embarassing crime to report that often harms the victim more by reporting it. Many become outcasted from social groups, especially cases involving those raped by athletes on college campuses. I know of one case where the victim was oucasted from her entire group of FEMALE friends. Some even said: "It doesn't matter if she was raped, she deserved it." Others claim: "Look at how manly and studly he was, he'd never have to rape anyone." Their privacy is invaded. The mass media will intervene and look for any instance where the victim may have been promiscuous or might have made a claim that never went to trial. The victim's name is "leaked" well before the trial in many cases.

For children, it's worse.

amy31416
05-27-2008, 04:04 PM
Furthermore rape is an embarassing crime to report that often harms the victim more by reporting it. Many become outcasted from social groups, especially cases involving those raped by athletes on college campuses. I know of one case where the victim was oucasted from her entire group of FEMALE friends. Some even said: "It doesn't matter if she was raped, she deserved it." Others claim: "Look at how manly and studly he was, he'd never have to rape anyone." Their privacy is invaded. The mass media will intervene and look for any instance where the victim may have been promiscuous or might have made a claim that never went to trial. The victim's name is "leaked" well before the trial in many cases.

For children, it's worse.

Absolutely correct. If you report, you're treated like a whore in many cases.

An attempt was made on me when I was a kid, I told my mother who said "he just has a crush on you." Fortunately, I had learned to defend myself even when that young. I never told anyone else about it and locked myself in our bathroom for hours on end when my parents went out because of this guy. He lived in the neighborhood and our parents were good friends, he'd come over every time they'd go out, knowing I'd be alone and he had access to the house keys.

Listen to your kids when they tell you things.

Mongoose470
05-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Absolutely correct. If you report, you're treated like a whore in many cases.

An attempt was made on me when I was a kid, I told my mother who said "he just has a crush on you." Fortunately, I had learned to defend myself even when that young. I never told anyone else about it and locked myself in our bathroom for hours on end when my parents went out because of this guy. He lived in the neighborhood and our parents were good friends, he'd come over every time they'd go out, knowing I'd be alone and he had access to the house keys.

Listen to your kids when they tell you things.

Sheesh I'm sorry Amy. I didn't mean to drum up any past experiences.

I have a friend who is an online detective. He's still stunned about how many parents refuse to acknowledge online predation as anything more than fantasy and innocent playing and still let their children have unlimited and unsupervised access to the internet.

Furthermore the common argument of promiscuity is fallacious considering that rape is more about power rather than sexual attraction.

amy31416
05-27-2008, 04:38 PM
Sheesh I'm sorry Amy. I didn't mean to drum up any past experiences.

I have a friend who is an online detective. He's still stunned about how many parents refuse to acknowledge online predation as anything more than fantasy and innocent playing and still let their children have unlimited and unsupervised access to the internet.

Furthermore the common argument of promiscuity is fallacious considering that rape is more about power rather than sexual attraction.

No, no worries. I actually pat myself on the back for the way I handled it. Considering other possible outcomes, it's pretty damned good.

I seriously don't understand why parents would allow their kids online access without any supervision--that's just ignorant on their part.

pcosmar
05-27-2008, 04:45 PM
This is nothing new, It is just being reported again.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A3145-2004Dec15.html
http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/005/081zxelz.asp
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2007-01-02-un-sudan_x.htm

Only the names and locations change.
The habits do not.

autobot
05-27-2008, 05:12 PM

I agree with you 100%.

I never said rape allegations are never made up. But to automatically think its so terrible its not likely I think is to not understand what being occupied by peacekeepers would be like. Thats my point.

Mongoose470
05-27-2008, 05:15 PM
No, no worries. I actually pat myself on the back for the way I handled it. Considering other possible outcomes, it's pretty damned good.

I seriously don't understand why parents would allow their kids online access without any supervision--that's just ignorant on their part.

Well you get one, just ONE, Goosepat on the back and THREE (count 'em THREE) Goose points! Don't spend 'em all in one place and for the others, don't be jealous!

amy31416
05-27-2008, 05:24 PM
Well you get one, just ONE, Goosepat on the back and THREE (count 'em THREE) Goose points! Don't spend 'em all in one place and for the others, don't be jealous!

Sooooweet!

Where can these be redeemed?

Mongoose470
05-27-2008, 05:50 PM
Sooooweet!

Where can these be redeemed?

Why, where do you think any points from a (former) neocon can be redeemed?

Any of the local participating Humvee dealerships in your area! :p

For the "offcenter" former neo-con, any nerdo Star Trek convention ;)

amy31416
05-27-2008, 06:00 PM
Why, where do you think any points from a (former) neocon can be redeemed?

Any of the local participating Humvee dealerships in your area! :p

For the "offcenter" former neo-con, any nerdo Star Trek convention ;)

How many points do I need to git me a Hummer? I'll trick that sucker out Grateful Dead style, just to mess with people's minds.

Mongoose470
05-27-2008, 06:16 PM
How many points do I need to git me a Hummer? I'll trick that sucker out Grateful Dead style, just to mess with people's minds.

1,000 for the Hummer.

9,000 for surgical extraction of the various .44 caliber rounds after you Woodstock it out! Dem dere rednex don't like no hippification of a manly manmobile!

All in smiles of course!

AHEM! I haven't forgotten about me mocha! I'm a holdin' you to it! Wut in tarnatiun: Youse a skippin out on me, youse nose!

amy31416
05-27-2008, 06:26 PM

1,000 for the Hummer.

9,000 for surgical extraction of the various .44 caliber rounds after you Woodstock it out! Dem dere rednex don't like no hippification of a manly manmobile!

All in smiles of course!

AHEM! I haven't forgotten about me mocha! I'm a holdin' you to it! Wut in tarnatiun: Youse a skippin out on me, youse nose!

Fine, fine, if you'll hold me to it, I'll slap on my barista apron and bust out a girly-mocha for yer redneck, manly self. :)

I stick to my word, now how do I earn 997 more points?

Mongoose470
05-27-2008, 06:31 PM
Fine, fine, if you'll hold me to it, I'll slap on my barista apron and bust out a girly-mocha for yer redneck, manly self. :)

I stick to my word, now how do I earn 997 more points?

Goosepoints, unlike our unbacked FIAT currency, does not deflate in value, it inflates.

Just by donning the apron for my esteemed self, you've earned two more. You'll get much more if said apron donned female then goes into a lengthy dissertation on Physics, with a dash of cosmology. She can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan, and tell exactly how it's made.

amy31416
05-27-2008, 06:39 PM
Goosepoints, unlike our unbacked FIAT currency, does not deflate in value, it inflates.

Just by donning the apron for my esteemed self, you've earned two more. You'll get much more if said apron donned female then goes into a lengthy dissertation on Physics, with a dash of cosmology. She can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan, and tell exactly how it's made.

Well, I think it should count for a few more points, given that the apron is an old-school chemist's apron that is fire and acid/base proof.

The physics/cosmology of coffee-slinging will need a bit of thought though. I'll see what I can do. :)

Mongoose470
05-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Well, I think it should count for a few more points, given that the apron is an old-school chemist's apron that is fire and acid/base proof.

The physics/cosmology of coffee-slinging will need a bit of thought though. I'll see what I can do. :)

I would've mentioned organic chemistry but I'm not into transparent lines. I have a friend in organic chemistry and boy does she hear some whoppers from her male colleagues!

Fire and acid/base proof? Damn girl you can make my morning coffee anyday! I like coffee with viscosity and octane ratings!

amy31416
05-27-2008, 07:11 PM
I would've mentioned organic chemistry but I'm not into transparent lines. I have a friend in organic chemistry and boy does she hear some whoppers from her male colleagues!

Fire and acid/base proof? Damn girl you can make my morning coffee anyday! I like coffee with viscosity and octane ratings!

Well, with my style of cooking, you need protection. :)

And coffee is merely an extraction, a delicious one, but an extraction nonetheless.

Mongoose470
05-27-2008, 07:42 PM
Well, with my style of cooking, you need protection. :)

And coffee is merely an extraction, a delicious one, but an extraction nonetheless.

The stomach of a Klingon warrior is not soft like those of puny weakling humans! Our food needs..."taste!"

Not that I'm into serpent worms though but fifty weight coffee is a nice kickstart. And I don't like my oil changed a lot!

As a side note: I did not ascend to the top of the food chain to eat leaves and dirt clods!

amy31416
05-27-2008, 07:45 PM
As a side note: I did not ascend to the top of the food chain to eat leaves and dirt clods!

That's a good thing, considering that I'm fresh out of both. . .