PDA

View Full Version : *Found a RP-ish Senator Running in Louisiana** Check it out.

jahazii
05-27-2008, 12:14 PM
I asked him a couple questions and this is what he responded.

What do you guys think?

We need to take back our congress one seat at a time.

Dear James:

Thank you for your kind email. I apologize for the delay in responding. As you might imagine, I'm already gettting hundreds of emails asking about the campaign. I'll try to answer your questions as specifically as I can.

As my website states, I am a conservative Republican businessman. I'm a lifelong Republican who believes in a smaller federal government, less spending and lower taxes. I'm very concerned that very few in Washington can "just say no" to runaway federal spending, and the alarming expansion of the federal government into virtually every area of American life.

I grew up during the administration of Ronald Reagan, and I share his view that "the government isn't the solution to our problems, government is the problem".

I am also a strong believer in the Constitution. To me, the Constitution is to an American what the Bible is to a Christian. It is sacred. It disturbs me deeply that leaders of both parties in Washington seem to treat the Constitution like it's just a piece of paper.

With respect to your question on monetary and fiscal policy, my study of the history of monetary systems has led me to the view that nations get into trouble when governments or central banks have free reign to print money.

History is full of examples of empires and nations that collapsed or went into decline when the currency was no longer "sound" -- that is, based on tangible assets of enduring value. Countries get into trouble when politicians and central bankers have free reign to spend, borrow and print money.

We're seeing an alarming decline in the purchasing power of the dollar today as a result of irresponsible monetary and fiscal policy. The spikes we are experiencing in the price of oil, gasoline and agricultural commodities can be traced in significant measure to the collapse of the dollar.

The specific solution and steps we must take to solve our monetary problem aren't quite as easy to define. They definitely involve a smaller federal government, lower spending, and living within our means.

Significant major reform will require the emergence of a genuine political consensus involving both parties, and the American people. However, I can share several things I believe strongly:

- I am opposed to recent proposals to radically increase the power of the Fed to allow intervention into virtually every area of the economy. The integrity of our financial markets is critical to confidence in the economy, and giving the Fed free reign to intervene wherever and whenever they see fit is one of the worst ideas I've heard.

- I support mandating that the Fed again report to Congress, the people and financial markets on the M3 money supply -- the amount of money in circulation. This is one key way we can keep track of what the Fed is doing. Transparency in monetary and fiscal policy is, to me, a first key step.

- I support restoring Congressional oversight of the Fed. We need more than annual "show" hearings that contain no real oversight. The Fed needs to be accountable to the American people through our representatives in Congress.

Beyond that, I think we need to carefully analyze the various proposals for a return to a monetary system based in some way on hard assets. Whether that means precious metals, or some mix of tangible assets such as oil, or core commodities such as wheat -- I'm not certain. But we undoubtedly need a thorough, robust and open debate about these issues.

What is certain is that we cannot go on as we have indefinitely. We must have a vital and serious debate about how to return our economy and our monetary system to a sound footing.

In any event, there is no harm in having monetary and fiscal policy return to our political dialogue as a central issue. In fact, the future of the national economy depends on it.

Thank you again for your email, and your interest in my campaign for the US Senate. As we go forward, I would sincerely appreciate your support and that of your friends.

I am looking forward to the coming campaign, and a real dialogue on the critical issues facing the future of our nation.

Sincerely,

Paul Hollis

http://www.hollisforsenate.com

He sounds great, it wouldn't hurt to take Mary Landrieu seat.

Senator Mary Landrieu was elected in 1996 following a recount and was narrowly re-elected in 2002 in a runoff election. Since those elections, Democrats have had to endure the loss of some reliable voters because Hurricane Katrina dispersed many African-Americans from New Orleans, although the vast majority still live within Louisiana. The state has become more Republican over the past 12 years. Louisiana elected David Vitter in 2004, the state's first Republican senator since Reconstruction. And Louisianans elected Republican Bobby Jindal as the first Indian-American Governor in the country's history in 2007. Louisiana's electoral votes easily went to George W. Bush in 2000 and 2004.

Are we going to let a democrat run as a Neo-Con, and supported by Mr. Karl Rove?

On August 27, 2007, state Treasurer John N. Kennedy announced he was switching parties from Democrat to Republican. On November 29, after being personally recruited by Vitter and former Bush administration official Karl Rove, Kennedy announced plans to challenge Landrieu in 2008.[32][33] A Ramussen poll shows Landrieu leading Kennedy 55% to 39%.

SLSteven
05-27-2008, 12:31 PM
Sounds like a worthy candidate to me

StateofTrance
05-27-2008, 12:42 PM
Typical BS.

1. Talk about the problems
2. Show how both parties suck in fixing those problems
3. Explain how the candidate is different from the rest
4. ???
5. Profit

Why can't they get real?

"As a senator, I will be just like any other senator."

I could make tons of $$ by starting a company that would sell various issues "templates" to these wannabe fucks.

hueylong
05-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Gee Trance: Maybe we should just support the incumbent, or the neo-con big government liberal Rove recruited who became a Republican less than a year ago. That would help change things.

Maybe you should go outside and start looking for your baby in that puddle of bathwater you threw out.