PDA

View Full Version : Need some help here...

G-khan
08-24-2007, 07:24 AM
I am writing an article for our local newspaper and I need to get get some stats on RP's success on the internet.. Like how often he is searched for and his myspace and meetup groups etc. I know I had seen a list or someone is keeping track of this data and I need it for this article...

Anyone know a link that has all this data compiled and ready to use?

Thx in advance

Slugg
08-24-2007, 07:31 AM
Alexia.com can tell you that

You can also look to the meetup group numbers (someone did a chart on it...showing how rapidly it grew)

Don't forget myspace friends, youtube subscribers, and technorati.

Just my two cents.

G-khan
08-24-2007, 07:34 AM
Alexia.com can tell you that

You can also look to the meetup group numbers (someone did a chart on it...showing how rapidly it grew)

Don't forget myspace friends, youtube subscribers, and technorati.

Just my two cents.

I saw a list with all that you suggest and more I just can't remember where I saw it?

maxmerkel
08-24-2007, 07:42 AM
http://www.dailypaul.com/files/images/ron-paul-meetup.gif
meetup members and numbers are more than all other candidates combined! (number of meetup groups is ca. 770)

http://traffic.alexa.com/graph?o=l&c=1&f=555555&u=www.ronpaul2008.com%2F&u=www.hillaryclinton.com&u=www.barackobama.com&u=www.fred08.com&u=www.joinrudy2008.com&r=6m&y=t&z=3&h=300&w=610
(blu=ronpaul, brown=hillary, yellow-brown=obama, black=rudy, nonexistent=fred thompson)

myspace and facebook are your job ;)

AcidReign
08-24-2007, 07:47 AM
Some useful charts here - http://www.techpresident.com/

maxmerkel
08-24-2007, 07:52 AM
Some useful charts here - http://www.techpresident.com/

wow! this site is cool !

G-khan
08-24-2007, 08:36 AM
Here is what I sent and I suggest everyone put together a letter for your local newspapers opinion page. It is a free way to get his name out there. I am not that good of a writer and I am sure many of you talented people could do much better. This IMO will do a lot if we all send in letters - we need to have his name plastered everywhere you turn, on signs and vehicles so they know we are real and a force to be reckoned with..

__________________________________________________ _________________

"Who is Ron Paul":
Ron Paul is a Republican running for U.S. President 2008. The main stream press will not show how well he is doing so I will. Do not believe the polls the press gives you as it seems they are used by the media to push the candidate that they want. Here are the facts so far, as I have them.

The Straw Polls and where he has placed in them thus far:
*1st place x 5
*2nd place x 2
*3rd place x 3
*4th place x 1
*5th place x 1
*Last place x 3

Yes he has came in first place 5 times and placed 3rd in the Minnesota Straw Poll.

Right now as I type this Ron Paul is the 5th most searched word according to Technorati.com who tracks internet searches. He has placed in the top 10 searches for more than two months, even beating out Paris Hilton while she was in the middle of her scandal. He has nearly 3 times the meetup.com groups than all the other candidates, Republicans and Democrats combined. More youtube videos than any other candidate.

He has received the most money from people in the armed forces! He has more money than the so called top tier candidate John McCain.

Ron Paul is being reported in the main stream press as having 1 or 2 percent and they are wrong. Either they are pushing the candidates they want to win, or suppressing Ron Paul.

He has 20 years of service in the House of Representatives with a voting record that you can look up for yourself.

Brief Overview of Congressman Paul’s Record:
He has never voted to raise taxes.
He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
He has never taken a government-paid junket.
He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
He voted against the Patriot Act.
He voted against regulating the Internet.
He voted against the Iraq war.

He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

Congressman Paul introduces numerous pieces of substantive legislation each year, probably more than any single member of Congress.

Please do not believe the press and do your own research and I think you will find a lot to like in Ron Paul! Wake up and look around, you will see signs and bumper stickers that support what I am saying.

Russell Townsend

maxmerkel
08-24-2007, 09:02 AM
i don't think this letter will be published by any local newspaper, because it actually critizises the press itself and is wayy to-pro ron paul, but one never knows...
but it would actually be a good idea to collect letter to the editors that got published and stuff like that, so that the wheel dosn't hae to be reinvented every time !!

an alternatie would be to try to get your local newspaper to attend a meetup of your group.
they could report on what your are doing in the meetup,your enthusiasm about a candidate and the reasons for it - this would certainly interest a small local paper and its readers and influence them in a positive way !!

Bradley in DC
08-24-2007, 09:02 AM
i don't think this letter will be published by any local newspaper, because it actually critizises the press itself and is wayy to-pro ron paul !

an alternatie would be to try to get your local newspaper to attend a meetup of your group.
they could report on what your are doing in the meetup,your enthusiasm about a candidate and the reasons for it - this would certainly interest a small local paper and its readers and influence them in a positive way !!

The press LOVES talking about itself!:)

G-khan
08-24-2007, 09:08 AM
The press LOVES talking about itself!:)

Yes I think they will print it just to show that they are not a part of this... Local papers are way different than say a USA Today or New York Times..

I think this has a good shot at getting printed and I will let you know?:D

maxmerkel
08-24-2007, 09:15 AM

i have to quote myself here ;)

i really thinkg THIS is the ways to go (not quoting oneself, but to - yeah you know ;) )
small local papers have absolutely NOTHING to report about ! in germany they even attend "voluntary fire department" "booze evenings" and report about it !
so i think this could actually work :

calling a small local paper, and saying "well did you hear about those ron paul spammers ? WE are those enthusiastic manicas!!! if you want we can give you the EXCLUSIVE possibility to attend such an energizing event! be prepared fo a rollercoaster !! wittness the sheer raw power of grassroots !!" (well, yeah, i guess you know what i mean ;))

I'm sure they'll show up !

G-khan
08-24-2007, 09:17 AM
i don't think this letter will be published by any local newspaper, because it actually critizises the press itself and is wayy to-pro ron paul, but one never knows...
but it would actually be a good idea to collect letter to the editors that got published and stuff like that, so that the wheel dosn't hae to be reinvented every time !!

Yes we should keep a list of articles that get through and use this. It is free and the meetup idea is also great if you have a large inspired group to show them?

maxmerkel
08-24-2007, 09:26 AM
the meetup idea is also great if you have a large inspired group to show them?

i think 3 or 4 people manning a booth at a crowded place would be enough. hillary doesn't
have volunteers who distribute flyers 1 1/4 years before election day !

G-khan
08-24-2007, 09:32 AM
i think 3 or 4 people manning a booth at a crowded place would be enough. hillary doesn't
have volunteers who distribute flyers 1 1/4 years before election day !

Just if you can get things into the paper for free and it only takes you an hour to write, and hit 30,000 people? I would say that would be a productive use of time. How long would it take to hand out 30,000 flyers?

Hillary might be able to get them out now - if she paid them enough?