PDA

View Full Version : CNN just now (08:48 EST)

mdh
08-24-2007, 06:50 AM
Did anyone else see that? They had a college Republican girl from San Antonio TX on, and a college Dem girl from somewhere else...

Question to the Republican girl: If you were a betting woman, who would you pick as the Republican nominee?

Girl: Ron Paul

Host chick: Well if I were a betting woman I'd say Ron Paul doesn't have a chance, how about a, y'know, top tier candidate

The college girl said they don't stand for anything, that they don't stand for what conservatives believe in, and that Ron Paul is the only person she would name. Freaking awesome.

You can view it on Youtube here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=8Xg22Fr6i-I

Wyurm
08-24-2007, 06:53 AM
Any idea where I might find a link for some video of this?

FluffyUnbound
Did anyone else see that? They had a college Republican girl from San Antonio TX on, and a college Dem girl from somewhere else...

Question to the Republican girl: If you were a betting woman, who would you pick as the Republican nominee?

Host chick: Well if I were a betting woman I'd say Ron Paul doesn't have a chance, how about a, y'know, top tier candidate

The college girl said they don't stand for anything, that they don't stand for what conservatives believe in, and that Ron Paul is the only person she would name. Freaking awesome.

I saw that, too.

Well, I didn't SEE it, because the TV is behind me, but I heard the fake Soledad dissing Ron Paul and turned around. I thought the college girl was awesome, running through the faults of the other candidates the way she did.

noxagol
Wow, that is awesome.

noxagol
08-24-2007, 06:54 AM
And I hope that will be up soon on youtube lol.

Slugg
08-24-2007, 06:58 AM
And I hope that will be up soon on youtube lol.

Yeah, me too. My wife and I were raised in San Antonio, so we're wondering if it's someone we may know (san antonio is pretty big though, so the odds are low..heh)

lynnf
08-24-2007, 07:00 AM

I'm surprised that they showed that.... was it live so that they couldn't avoid showing it? In my opinion, this shows just why we can't be beat, unless the vote is stolen.

lynn

mdh
08-24-2007, 07:01 AM
She was a junior in college, I forget which school. I was so excited I had to come post this, so I totally missed what they asked the Dem girl, too, lol.

She totally owned the host when the host tried to trash-talk Dr. Paul. She also owned all the "top-tier candidates", said they do NOT represent true conservatives, etc. Totally righteous.

mdh
08-24-2007, 07:03 AM
I'm surprised that they showed that.... was it live so that they couldn't avoid showing it? In my opinion, this shows just why we can't be beat, unless the vote is stolen.

lynn

I think it was. From the host's comments about Dr. Paul having no chance and picking a "top-tier" candidate, you could tell they were seemingly taken aback by the comments (though they did have a brief video of Dr. Paul cued up, so who knows.)

Whoever this girl was though, she was awesome. Way hotter than the Democrat girl, too.

maxmerkel
awesome !!! youtube! please !!!

Slugg
She was a junior in college, I forget which school. I was so excited I had to come post this, so I totally missed what they asked the Dem girl, too, lol.

She totally owned the host when the host tried to trash-talk Dr. Paul. She also owned all the "top-tier candidates", said they do NOT represent true conservatives, etc. Totally righteous.

I know this is an awful question, but did she sound smart and articulate? It appears she did from what you have said, but; put my fears to rest. Did she sound good?

brumans
08-24-2007, 07:05 AM
I know this is an awful question, but did she sound smart and articulate? It appears she did from what you have said, but; put my fears to rest. Did she sound good?

And was she hot?

mdh
08-24-2007, 07:09 AM

I'd say so, absolutely.

And was she hot?

I'd say so, absolutely.

Kuldebar
08-24-2007, 07:12 AM
Was the CNN Host's named Stephanie Allphallus, by any chance?

Seems like journalism school is turning out a lot of nubtards these days.

foofighter20x
08-24-2007, 07:12 AM
I'd say so, absolutely.

I call dibs! :p just jokin'

Kuldebar
08-24-2007, 07:15 AM
I know this is an awful question, but did she sound smart and articulate?

LOL that makes me laugh.

Ya, I suppose:

"Duh, I like Ron Paul, snarf! He is da bomb."

Probably wouldn't be a very statement of support.

mdh
08-24-2007, 07:18 AM
Looking at CNN.com, it appears that the female host I'm referring to (who was the one talking, the male host didn't speak up during this bit) would have been Kiran Chetry.

Slugg
08-24-2007, 07:20 AM
LOL that makes me laugh.

Ya, I suppose:

"Duh, I like Ron Paul, snarf! He is da bomb."

Probably wouldn't be a very statement of support.

Yeah, like when fox has someone on, they usually pull in some lame idiot (not always...but usually) and they get heckled into submission if they disagree. Or, they just sound like an idiot.

CoreyBowen999
08-24-2007, 07:23 AM
Thats the kind of people we need on MSM. Come on there live and make sure they don't expect them to be a Ron Paul fan:p

brumans
08-24-2007, 07:23 AM
Here's a picture of Kiran (the interviewer):

http://www.diggersrealm.com/mt/archives/20041201/kiran_chetry_lara_croft_halloween_2.jpg

- http://www.diggersrealm.com/mt/archives/000470.html

FluffyUnbound
08-24-2007, 07:28 AM
Looking at CNN.com, it appears that the female host I'm referring to (who was the one talking, the male host didn't speak up during this bit) would have been Kiran Chetry.

Yes, exactly. The replacement model Soledad O'Brien.

I thought it was hysterical, in a mean sort of way, when they canned O'Brien and replaced her with a woman who looks pretty much exactly like her - just a lot younger.

0zzy
08-24-2007, 07:49 AM
Youtube it!

And I'm pissed at Kiran Chetry atm. She has no fuckin clue what democracy is, does she?

CoreyBowen999
08-24-2007, 07:51 AM
I wonder what they are teaching at journalism schools these days..

DjLoTi
08-24-2007, 07:52 AM
yoooootoooob

kickzman
08-24-2007, 07:53 AM
Man that sounds freakin awesome!! I love it when some one gives our communist media a punch in the face.:D

FluffyUnbound
08-24-2007, 07:54 AM
Youtube it!

And I'm pissed at Kiran Chetry atm. She has no fuckin clue what democracy is, does she?

I think it's worth noting that no CNN personality would ever, ever, ever say such a thing on air about Richardson or McCain. But everyone who remotely follows politics at this point knows that Richardson and McCain have absolutely no chance to win the nomination of their respective parties.

If it's appropriate to taunt a Ron Paul supporter on air, why isn't it appropriate to laugh at McCain every time his face turns up on the screen? Why isn't it appropriate to say to Richardson, "Hey fatso, go home, you're wasting your time"? Because that's essentially what is done to Ron Paul every day.

Mani
08-24-2007, 08:05 AM
yoooootoooob

Ditto! Youtube this baby! I'm going to pass this one around!!

Slugg
08-24-2007, 08:13 AM
Ditto! Youtube this baby! I'm going to pass this one around!!

Thing is, I doubt anyone recorded it.....someone would have to be a youtube HERO to have caught this...heh

risiusj
08-24-2007, 08:25 AM
Youtube Hero - Ron Paul on the mind
He's a Youtube Hero
He took one keyboard - Youtube Hero - Ron Paul on the mind
Youtube Hero - he'll come alive tonight!

Man, I love Foreigner

Slugg
08-24-2007, 08:26 AM
Youtube Hero - Ron Paul on the mind
He's a Youtube Hero
He took one keyboard - Youtube Hero - Ron Paul on the mind
Youtube Hero - he'll come alive tonight!

Man, I love Foreigner

ROFLOL ... that's too funny

JosephTheLibertarian
08-24-2007, 08:59 AM
Kiran Chetry used to work at Fox

http://www.cameroncole.com/gallery/News_Babes/Fox_News/Kiran_Chetry/200411170012.jpg

braeden0613
08-24-2007, 09:02 AM
representing san antonio well!

Akus
08-24-2007, 09:11 AM

If you don't stand for anything, you don't stand for anything. The President was right.

constituent
08-24-2007, 09:12 AM
ewww... she's gross... i can tell...

jd603
08-24-2007, 09:47 AM
Cant Newscast Nothing

So sick of CNN, pieces of trash plugging their bought and paid for candidates.

DjLoTi
08-24-2007, 09:48 AM
Where the hell is the youtube

EvoPro
08-24-2007, 09:51 AM
If it was any of other candidate (interventionists) that had all this grassroots internet support they'd constantly say he's a major contender. The media is controlled by zionists. Quadruple efforts!

Salamando
08-24-2007, 09:52 AM

I believe the real question here is, was the girl hot?

DjLoTi
08-24-2007, 10:00 AM
There's got to be somewhere that has a record of what CNN broadcasts

angelatc
08-24-2007, 10:03 AM
Wow. Could her shirt be any more open? I suppose she'd lose her journalistic integrity if she just went ahead and flashed 'em.

DjLoTi
08-24-2007, 10:07 AM
I just looked all over cnn.com videos and couldn't find anything. We should have done this right at the moment.

Omnis
08-24-2007, 10:24 AM
bump for YouT00b.

mdh
08-24-2007, 10:46 AM
I don't have a tuner card in my computer sadly... I was just hangin out in bed when it caught my ear they were gonna have some college girls on to talk about politics, so I figured I'd just look in case they were really hot. What happened next, I never could've guessed!

Give me liberty
08-24-2007, 11:30 AM
Did someone youtube it yet?

unconsious767
08-24-2007, 12:23 PM
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0708/24/ltm.02.html

CHETRY: Now it is time for us to stuff the ballot box, so to speak. It's a special A.M. College Week edition of our hot political topics. We have them all on here. And we throw them into the ballot box here.

SANCHEZ: This is cool.

CHETRY: We put one hot topic on each, stuff them in, we draw them out and we have --

SANCHEZ: Let me help.

CHETRY: Thank you. OK. It's hard to walk and chew gum at the same time, isn't it?

SANCHEZ: I get it.

CHETRY: Our guests are going to be weighing in today. They're from college campuses.

SANCHEZ: I'm a Gopher and you're a Turtle.

CHETRY: Terp, Terrapin.

SANCHEZ: So this is all in keeping with our college theme this week. We've got upstarts joining us now. First, Laura Elizabeth Morales, she's a Republican, and a junior at the University of Texas in San Antonio.

We also have?

CHETRY: Rachel Moore, she's a Democrat and a senior at Lebanon Valley College in Anvil (ph), Pennsylvania.

Good to see both of you this morning. Thanks for being with us.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Thank you.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Thank you for having me.

CHETRY: We have predictions for 2008. Who do you think the Republican candidate will be? Let's start with Laura Elizabeth Morales. You go ahead and give us your thoughts. Who is the Republican nominee if you had to be a betting woman this morning?

LAURA ELIZABETH MORALES, COLLEGIATE REPUBLICAN: Sure. If I had to be a betting woman and I had to be idealistic I would really like to see Ron Paul get the nomination for the Republican Party.

SANCHEZ: Whoa!

MORALES: I really think he's a sound, traditional conservative.

Yeah, it's surprising -- uh, come of things. And I really think he sticks to the Constitution and really stands for what conservatives believe in.

SANCHEZ: OK.

(CROSS TALK)

CHETRY: Wait, wait, wait.

It brings me to the other question.

MORALES: Sure.

CHETRY: Is there any likely, let's say --

SANCHEZ: What are you trying to say?

CHETRY: Top tier GOP candidate? Because if I was a betting woman, I'd say Ron Paul doesn't have a chance. Unfortunately, for you. But who -- is there a lack of enthusiasm over some of the top tier GOP candidates, Laura?

MORALES: I'm going to say having been the idealistic betting candidate I would say Ron Paul has the chance, idealistically. As far as the top tier candidates I don't really think they stand for what traditional conservatives believe in. You have Giuliani out there who is really anti-gun Republican, who is going to lose a strong base, especially here in the south. And then Mitt Romney kind of flip-flops on his issues. John McCain I think is pretty much just out. We need a strong, solid conservative.

SANCHEZ: That's a young Republican speaking. Let's listen to a young Democrat.

Rachel, on your party who do you think is going to get the ticket? Make it short, will you?

RACHEL MOORE, COLLEGIATE DEMOCRAT: It doesn't really matter who gets the ticket because anybody could be a president than President Bush at this point. Let's focus on just a Democrat winning in 2008 and put aside everything.

SANCHEZ: But that's not the question! I said who -- if you had to pick somebody?

MOORE: I'm sorry, what?

SANCHEZ: If you had to pick somebody, who would you pick?

MOORE: I'd pick a Democrat! Let's face it!

CHETRY: Wow! She won't go out on a limb this morning! That is so funny!

SANCHEZ: You're going to make a great senator one day.

MOORE: Well, let's face it. I mean, all of the college Democrats, you know, we're so behind just winning a Democrat in 2008. If you look at the Republican candidates, I mean, the Democrats are such a diverse group. And all the Republican candidates, every one of them have said they would commute Scooter Libby. They said that they would stay in Iraq and turn it into the next Korea. And all of the Republican candidates --

SANCHEZ: You'd vote for a -- so if it was Porky Pig, you would vote for him just as long as he's a Democrat?

MOORE: I'm sorry? What?

SANCHEZ: If it was Porky Pig would you vote for him, just because he's a Democrat?

MOORE: Now, that's taking it a little far. But --

SANCHEZ: So you do consider -- so you do consider who the person is, right?

MOORE: I didn't say that, sir. But let's face it, Republican candidates also supported Bush's you know, nonsupport on chip programs. A time for the Democrats to win, let's focus on that first.

SANCHEZ: You're tough! She's tough!

CHETRY: All right. Laura, quickly. Let's keep it quick because we don't have time. But your most important issue of this debate.

MORALES: Sure, my most important issue is probably going to be Social Security. I think that's an issue that's really facing our generation. That my generation is pretty much going to be completely robbed of those funds that were put into the government. We really need to get students to focus on that issue and make that the forefront for the 2008 election.

SANCHEZ: Your most important issue. Rachel, take it away.

MOORE: We are -- my most important issues are the ones from the Democratic Party, are the environment, making sure there's proper support on student aid, and universal health care for all, and among other things. We can't really be pegged to one issue at this point. We're so educated and ready to go. CHETRY: Can't nail her down this morning.

SANCHEZ: No.

CHETRY: You guys have some interesting perspectives, the both of you. Laura Elizabeth Morales, at the University of Texas, San Antonio and Rachel Moore, at Lebanon Valley College in Pennsylvania. Thanks to both of you for talking to us.

SANCHEZ: They're tough. She held her ground.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Thanks very much.

SANCHEZ: I'm not going to tell you who I liked. All right. I like all Democrats.

CHETRY: CNN "Newsroom" is just minutes away. Tony Harris is at the CNN Center for a look ahead at what's ahead.

Hi, Tony.

Ninja Homer
08-24-2007, 12:38 PM
Wow, Morales did a great job!

Moore is an idiot that just wants to run with the herd right off a cliff.

wtbuser
08-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Bwhahaah @ Moore. My favorite line:

SANCHEZ: You're going to make a great senator one day.

mdh
08-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Here's her myspace - http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=10150220

Lets all send her nice messages and stuff and let her know how awesome we think she is.

MyKillK
08-24-2007, 12:56 PM
I cringed just reading that transcript. They really let people that stupid have their own news segment? CNN is becoming every bit as bad as Fox!

jasonhlasvegas
08-24-2007, 01:03 PM
Is Laura in one of the meetup groups?

fj45lvr
08-24-2007, 01:13 PM
Man I wish she could have jumped on the dem girl for saying "all" the republican candidates were for commuting scooters sentence and the war!!!

the dem. chick is CLUELESS...don't you love how they actually believe that they have a total monopoly on issues like the environment?? In reality that is just a code word for: More taxes, more regulation, and more government...

like how she makes a comment on "educated"....lol....more like "indoctrinated" by the best professors our tax dollars can buy.

Mani
08-24-2007, 01:17 PM
Here's her myspace - http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=10150220

Lets all send her nice messages and stuff and let her know how awesome we think she is.

Done. I asked her if she knows anyone who has it on youtube, maybe a friend? I'll let you know if/when I get a reply.

0zzy
08-24-2007, 01:53 PM
MSNBC has been the fairest so far. CNN, ABC, and Fox has shown their ignorance.

I also LOVE how she represented the revolution! Very professional and articulate. Also love the

"But Is there any likely, let's say"
"...But are you trying to say?"

ROFL! CALLED THAT B**CH OUT!

stevedasbach
08-24-2007, 02:01 PM
We'll have to look at the video, but if they had Ron Paul video cued up, then the producer at least knew what she was going to say. They may or may not have let the "interviewer" know.

I've done a fair number of interviews like this -- the producer (or an assistant) usually runs through pre-interview questions so they know what to expect (and whether they want to have you on as a guest).

jasonhlasvegas
08-24-2007, 03:24 PM
http://conservativeutsa.wordpress.com/about/

Found her.

Make sure to leave a pleasant comment.

slantedview
08-24-2007, 03:29 PM
http://conservativeutsa.wordpress.com/about/

Found her.

Make sure to leave a pleasant comment.

Nice. tnx

slantedview
08-24-2007, 03:30 PM
http://conservativeutsa.wordpress.com/2007/08/24/my-cnn-transcript/

zhughes315
08-24-2007, 04:41 PM
Is Laura in one of the meetup groups?

She is in the Facebook group. In fact, she just posted on the wall of the group.

lauraelizabethmorales
08-24-2007, 04:45 PM
Thanks to all of you for your kind words! :)

I didn't even know this forum existed!

Also, I'm not sure which myspace was, but it isn't mine, haha!

Mani
08-24-2007, 04:46 PM

YOU DID GREAT!!!

Way to go! You made us proud! Now we just want to see the video! Welcome to the forums.

Nash
08-24-2007, 04:58 PM

This is why I really think we can win. There is so much more to the campaign than just the people on this forum. There are Ron Paul supporters all over the place. There is so much mobilization going on that we don't even know about. It's so much bigger than we truly realize.

LibertyEagle
08-24-2007, 05:13 PM

Wow! You were wonderful! I probably would have passed out, or stumbled all over my words. Not you. Just great!

brumans
08-24-2007, 05:17 PM

Woah.. was not expecting her to show up here haha. Welcome!

mdh
08-24-2007, 05:18 PM

Oh, oops. I found a Laura Morales who was a current student at UTSA, so I figured it was you. :p

You did an awesome job this morning, Laura, great work!

brumans
08-24-2007, 05:20 PM
I know this has asked before.. but anyone have a video/youtube of this?

lauraelizabethmorales
08-24-2007, 05:25 PM
I know this has asked before.. but anyone have a video/youtube of this?

I got it on my DVR but I have no idea how to transfer it to my computer (it's new)...so if I can get it, I will definitely post it!

lynnf
08-24-2007, 06:01 PM
I got it on my DVR but I have no idea how to transfer it to my computer (it's new)...so if I can get it, I will definitely post it!

Laura, did you know about the Texas Straw Poll that will be held next weekend in Ft. Worth?

lynn

braeden0613
08-24-2007, 06:14 PM

good work, fellow utsa-er (if thats a word)

lauraelizabethmorales
08-24-2007, 06:27 PM
http://streamer.utsa.edu/ramgen/STREAMING2/Static/UnivCom/utsa.cnn.college.week.live.rm

There's the video.

Can anyone figure out how to youtube this?

DjLoTi
08-24-2007, 06:29 PM
Yesssss We Got The Video!!!!!

mdh
08-24-2007, 06:32 PM
http://streamer.utsa.edu/ramgen/STREAMING2/Static/UnivCom/utsa.cnn.college.week.live.rm

There's the video.

I can't play this format... Hmmm. Do you have it in like regular MPEG or something by any chance?

lauraelizabethmorales
08-24-2007, 06:33 PM
I can't play this format... Hmmm. Do you have it in like regular MPEG or something by any chance?

No unfortunately, that's why I haven't been able to put it on youtube. It's a Real Player file given to me by UTSA.

DjLoTi
08-24-2007, 06:33 PM
I was able to play it. Do you have real player?

Dlynne
08-24-2007, 06:38 PM
Laura...thank you! You did great!:)

foofighter20x
08-24-2007, 06:38 PM
Youtube it!

democracy isn't something you want.

you want a republic. ;)

rodent
08-24-2007, 06:40 PM

There's the video.

Nice job! Very smooth and cleanly done.

d'anconia
08-24-2007, 06:42 PM

Just rip it from your DVD drive if you can. Would love to see it.

mdh
08-24-2007, 06:44 PM
I was able to play it. Do you have real player?

Heck no! No unverifiable software here, pal! ;)

G-khan
08-24-2007, 06:45 PM
Great job standing up for who you want and you got a taste of the main stream media telling you who had a chance..

I hope you join a meetup and help us win this election for Dr. Paul.

Here is a link for a meetup just put in your zip code, glad to have you with us....

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/

Welcome to the Ron Paul Revolution!

:):D:):cool:

Broadlighter
08-24-2007, 06:55 PM
LauraElizabethMorales,

God Bless you!!!

You made the news anchors and the Democrat look like blithering idiots! Great job standing your ground and being firm about what you believe in.

You rock!

unconsious767
08-24-2007, 07:49 PM
Nicely done, Laura!

I've taken the liberty of converting it and posting to youtube, let me know if its okay:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8Xg22Fr6i-I

mdh
08-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Nicely done, Laura!

I've taken the liberty of converting it and posting to youtube, let me know if its okay:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8Xg22Fr6i-I

Thanks! Adding to OP...

Chelle
08-24-2007, 07:59 PM
THAT was freakin' SWEET !! WTG LEM :D

~~M

surf
08-24-2007, 08:00 PM
Thanks Laura

UCFGavin
08-24-2007, 08:04 PM
that other chick is such a bitch

McDermit
08-24-2007, 08:07 PM
That dem girl was reeeeetarded.

PMatt
08-24-2007, 08:13 PM
The democratic girl gets onto CNN and decides to waste her time saying the "Anybody but Bush" line. She had a chance to put the spotlight on any of the candidates for a minute but just wasted the time. If anything, her saying that turns voters away from voting democrat.

georgia_tech_swagger
08-24-2007, 08:22 PM
pwned.

john_anderson_ii
08-24-2007, 08:23 PM
Personally, I think the "democrat girl" in that video doesn't have a clue what the Democrat front runners stand for, and if she named one specifically she might have gotten a question about a political issue that she couldn't answer. She knew she was dumb so she played aloof. She seemed to know about the neoconservative platform than the democratic platform.

Someone, for the love of god, grab this confused little girl and show her what liberty is supposed to be.

DjLoTi
08-24-2007, 08:45 PM
What you did was really courageous. I'm sure it was intimidating when he mocked you on national TV as soon as you said "Ron Paul". But you stood your ground, kept your cool, and that shows your strength. Thanks so much!

rockfree33
08-24-2007, 08:45 PM
That democrat girl was clueless. She talks about the democrats as if they are the country's savior. Did she forget that the democrats took control of congress a long time ago and the Iraq war is still going full speed ahead? What a waste.

Green Mountain Boy
08-24-2007, 08:47 PM
Porky Pig '08!!

Wyurm
08-24-2007, 09:03 PM
Laura, you did very very awsome. Thank you very much for sharing the video as well.

What stood out to me was how you knew exactly who you would vote for and why, while the other lady was vague and had no idea what issues she was standing for. You said alot, while she spoke alot but said nothing. Excellent job!!!!! :D

james1906
08-24-2007, 09:07 PM
I'm guessing Democrat girl was stopped dead in her tracks. Assuming she likes Obama, how would she back him up? She probably knows nothing about him.

CNN: What do you like about Barack Obama?
Dem girl: Uh, he like, knows how to connect with young people.

Glad to see true conservatism get some media play today.

ape
08-24-2007, 09:10 PM
That hostess used to work for fox news.

dseisner
08-24-2007, 09:53 PM
The democratic girl was a retard. "Every one of the republican candidates said they would stay in Iraq and turn it into the next Korea." You fucking douchebag...the girl right next to you just talked about a republican who certainly does not want to stay in Iraq AND is the only REAL anti-war candidate. You think Obama or Clinton are anti-war...WAKE UP! "We're educated and ready to go..." Oh yea, real educated. This girl got me riled up.

LibertyEagle
08-24-2007, 09:58 PM
Laura, you blew this thing out of the water! I am so impressed.

Wyurm
08-24-2007, 10:04 PM
The democratic girl was a retard. "Every one of the republican candidates said they would stay in Iraq and turn it into the next Korea." You fucking douchebag...the girl right next to you just talked about a republican who certainly does not want to stay in Iraq AND is the only REAL anti-war candidate. You think Obama or Clinton are anti-war...WAKE UP! "We're educated and ready to go..." Oh yea, real educated. This girl got me riled up.

I wouldn't necessarilly say she was retarded. I think its important to not just dismiss this sort of atitude as retardation. Its actually a form of apathy. Kinda like looking at the TV and wishing you could change the channel without getting up, but all you have is the stereo remote, so you're trying to make it work anyway -- after all it is a remote it should do better than say an apple or a magazine.

She sees the bad that the current administration has brought and just wants it to end, so instead of bothering to listen to what the Democrats are saying they will do, she just assumes that they will do the opposite since they are the opposing party. This is why I am against parties, they make people ignore where a candidate really stands and vote for or against them based solely on how they view that candidate's party. In otherwords, party politics promotes political apathy.

kickzman
08-24-2007, 11:00 PM
I like this line; "Wow! What are you trying to say?" Fricken fascist media, thanks for sticking it to them Laura! :D

ToxicFrog
08-24-2007, 11:16 PM
I wouldn't necessarilly say she was retarded. I think its important to not just dismiss this sort of atitude as retardation. Its actually a form of apathy. Kinda like looking at the TV and wishing you could change the channel without getting up, but all you have is the stereo remote, so you're trying to make it work anyway -- after all it is a remote it should do better than say an apple or a magazine.

She sees the bad that the current administration has brought and just wants it to end, so instead of bothering to listen to what the Democrats are saying they will do, she just assumes that they will do the opposite since they are the opposing party. This is why I am against parties, they make people ignore where a candidate really stands and vote for or against them based solely on how they view that candidate's party. In otherwords, party politics promotes political apathy.

Well said.

People ignorantly (not necessarily stupidly) think that voting anti-Republican (read: Democrat) will undo all the damage that Bush has caused. Obviously this is not true. Anyone who has been open to Ron Paul's message knows that power-hungry politicians are the problem, regardless of party affiliation.

Of course Paul's message isn't new, but a lot of people are listening lately. It's a shame that things had to get this bad before people finally woke up to what's going on.

I, for one, am absolutely terrified about the path this country is on. I sincerely believe that Ron Paul as president would be a HUGE step in putting our country back on the right track.

On Topic:
You did a very nice job, Laura. Major kudos to you.

austinphish
08-24-2007, 11:21 PM
I believe the real question here is, was the girl hot?

total LOL

mconder
08-24-2007, 11:41 PM
That Dem chick was so stupid it was painful.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
08-25-2007, 12:50 AM
Dem girl- "We're so educated and ready to go"

MsDoodahs
08-25-2007, 08:23 AM
http://billakanodoodahs.com/

The link to the pledgebank for the NH commercials had rotored off page one, so he added it to the end of this post.

:)

Dave Wood
08-25-2007, 08:28 AM
http://www.billakanodoodahs.com/2007/08/college-chicks-on-politics/

If he isnt one of us we need to politely invite him over here. He is running a matching contest for donations to get ads on the air in Iowa and New Hampshire but his name doesnt look familiar, I never hit on him on any Ron Paul searches until today.

Never mind question answered.....great job!

richard1984
08-25-2007, 08:30 AM
That video is so funny/awesome. I hadn't seen it yet (though I heard about it yesterday). The first "chick" kicks ass!!!!!!!! And the second one was the stereotypical narrow-minded Democrat tool. Hilarious!!!!

JoshLowry
08-25-2007, 08:30 AM
Never heard of Brandon Lloyd.

Doodahs is related here but that's not who is making the pledge. ;)

Dave Wood
08-25-2007, 08:32 AM
I didnt catch Brandon Loyd until I looked at it again, didnt recognize Rempel

MsDoodahs
08-25-2007, 08:33 AM
Yes, Brandon is the gent doing the NH commercials.

His handle here is skiing and then some letters (I forget which, lol).

billakanodoodahs is my husband.

Thus my handle Ms Doodahs.

Dave Wood
08-25-2007, 08:35 AM
Yes, Brandon is the gent doing the NH commercials.

His handle here is skiing and then some letters (I forget which, lol).

billakanodoodahs is my husband.

Thus my handle Ms Doodahs.

Well hello Ms, Doodahs! I am having a little trouble with the whole "handle" thing. I never owned a cb radio, maybe thats my problem, yeah thats it.:D

foofighter20x
08-25-2007, 08:39 AM
Shouldn't that be Mrs Doodahs? :p

RP08
08-25-2007, 08:46 AM
Hey, that "Democrat" might be a good candidate for conversion to the Ron Paul message. Let's see... she's clearly mainly interested in changing "more of the same" in the Capitol, she doesn't know specifics about candidates in her own party to compare them with, and she may not realize yet that the programs she'd like government to implement for me, she'll be paying for when she gets out of college.

MsDoodahs
08-25-2007, 08:46 AM
:o

Yes, foo, I guess it should be...

lol...

0zzy
08-25-2007, 10:02 AM
Rachel Moore,

I happen to stumble on your appearance on CNN today via YouTube (watch here) and wanted to give you an email regarding this video. I didn't really respect your strategy of, "It doesn’t really matter who gets the ticket because anybody could be a better president than President Bush at this point." While I agree with you, president Bush doesn't, and can't, get the Republican nomination. So, yes, it does matter because the democrats aren't running against Bush.

Then you came up with your second "point" on why people should vote for Democrats.

"I mean, the Democrats are such a diverse group. And all the Republican candidates, every one of them have said they would commute Scooter Libby. They said that they would stay in Iraq and turn it into the next Korea. And all of the Republican candidates –"

You stated false information in this quote. All the Republicans have NOT said they would commute with Scooter Libby and, more importantly, all of the Republicans have NOT said they would stay in Iraq. I don't know if you were able to hear the Republican college student (although you can watch the video now) but Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul has NEVER supported the war in Iraq (as opposed to democratic "front-runners" John Edwards and Hilary Clinton). In fact, he's the only one, to my knowledge, talking about pulling troops out of Korea (Republican or Democrat).

So, please, next time you talk to the public become informed and learn how to articulately explain your decision. You also said "Democrats are a diverse group," but never stated why they were. When the reporters asked you to pick the most important issue you listed a few things then stated said, "...We’re so educated and ready to go." Once again you didn't articulate a specific issue. Of course there are several topics that need to be discussed, but you had less than a minute. It would have been better to have one issue and explain what you wanted changed with it.

I just thought I would try to help you so the next time you end up in the public eye you can articulate your positions better. Democracy is great; debate is healthy. The only way you can persuade someone is to educate them when you have a chance. When you make false and blanket statements it has little to no effect and when little, only negative.

-Brent Burk

I <3 emailing people!

0zzy
08-25-2007, 10:11 AM
Mr Burk,

The beauty of America is that you're entitled to your own opinions and to share them with whomever you please. Though we wholly differ on our perceptions of politics and how partisan messages are disseminated, I appreciate your caring enough to voice yours.

Respectfully,

Rachel Moore

um... so lying, is, what?

ThePieSwindler
08-25-2007, 10:13 AM
lulz. I'd tap that but what a tool.

MsDoodahs
08-25-2007, 11:39 AM
bump, for skiing aka Brandon.
:)

Johnnybags
08-25-2007, 11:52 AM
Most Repubs are undecided at this point and the CNN so called news team has to give a whoaaa to Ron Paul and ask who out of the top teir? The top tier is being won by either Undecided, or None of the above? That Sanchez clown called him a 1930's Isolationist last time, obviously an order fron up high, how anyone can watch this garbage and believe it is beyond me, must be on Lunesta or Ambien.

Razmear
08-25-2007, 12:37 PM
http://rawstory.com/news/2007/CNN_hosts_shocked_when_Republican_guest_0824.html

eb

0zzy
08-25-2007, 01:11 PM
on rawstory, nice. digg diggs that site.

markpa
08-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Wow, I'm proud of her she spoke with so much common sense.:D

I love how the old media still thinks they can tell us who to vote for. The internet really is the biggest tool ever for freedom and we must take advantage of it before the elite take it away.

wgadget
08-25-2007, 07:48 PM
http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=47886

The *other* one was not so smart, in my estimation...But watch for yourself.