PDA

View Full Version : After the Convention, I BEG Ron Paul To Endorse Someone

SevenEyedJeff
05-26-2008, 10:15 PM
I can understand that he is still running through the convention, but is anyone else just screaming inside for RP to endorse the LP or CP candidate, just so we don't have to split our votes up between several candidates?

evilfunnystuff
05-26-2008, 10:18 PM
I can understand that he is still running through the convention, but is anyone else just screaming inside for RP to endorse the LP or CP candidate, just so we don't have to split our votes up between several candidates?

whether he endorses someone or not it will still be split though maybey a little less

honestly im leaning towards not wanting him to endorse anyone as it may do a lot to put many newcomers off on politics altogether if his choice isnt theirs

Bradley in DC
05-26-2008, 10:21 PM
(Respectful) competition is healthy.

Over the summer and fall, it should shake out that one choice is stronger based on ballot access, money raised, media exposure, getting into debates, public opinion polls, etc.

brandon
05-26-2008, 10:33 PM

Not really. The presidential election is almost completely meaningless at this point. We can focus on local politics and have a far greater impact then just getting 2% of the vote for a third party presidential candidate.

If Ron Paul endorses anyone other then McCain that will validate the media's argument that Paul is not a republican. We will all be even more alienated from the party...and for what, 2% of the vote to an ex-neocon named Barr?

evilfunnystuff
05-26-2008, 10:33 PM

Over the summer and fall, it should shake out that one choice is stronger based on ballot access, money raised, media exposure, getting into debates, public opinion polls, etc.

screw the public opinion polls media and mainstream debate acess they dont mean squat

ill be voting on principal

if barr wants a majority of the revolution behind him hes got a lot of work to do

to even get me to seriously consider him he is going to have to address his past his changed views y he has changed y he felt as he did and what made him see the light

when out on shows and at rallies he is gonna have to bring up issues like the drug war no child left behind and interventionism and he has to own these positions not just give em lip service i want to see conviction and relentlessly pushing these types of issues and educating as many as possible

even if he does all this i cant say he will earn my confidence or my vote but he will earn consideration

sorry for the hijack but im gettin kinda annoyed by all the barr ball suckin bradly been on with today even if this time was a little more subtle

christagious
05-26-2008, 11:16 PM
im gettin kinda annoyed by all the barr ball suckin

same here

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-27-2008, 04:56 AM

Contrary to what a few idiots report on the internet, we aren't robots. I don't care who Paul endorses, I won't be supporting Barr or Baldwin in any way.

FrankRep
05-27-2008, 06:22 AM

Splitting the vote isn't healthy.

torchbearer
05-27-2008, 06:53 AM
Splitting the vote isn't healthy.

I agree. Vote for Barr.