PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: George Phillies, Alden Link to head Boston Tea Party ticket

Bradley in DC
05-26-2008, 08:50 PM
http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2008/05/rumor-george-phillies-alden-link-to-head-boston-tea-party-ticket/

Rumor: George Phillies, Alden Link to head Boston Tea Party ticket
May 26th, 2008 · 9 Comments

Last night in Denver, a rumor circulated that George Phillies was considering running for president under the Boston Tea Party banner, with Alden Link as his running mate. The BTP offered Mary Ruwart their nomination and told an inside source that they could get her on the ballot in 26 states.

The Boston Tea Party’s convention was held concurrently with the Libertarian Party’s.

crazyfingers
05-26-2008, 08:53 PM
I'd really be surprised if they got on that many ballots.

One of the comments is George denying he was offered the nomination.

JosephTheLibertarian
05-26-2008, 09:24 PM
haha. sore losers

BTP will go nowhere.

The right thing to do was to concede victory and rally behind the nominee. Gheeze, Bob Barr isn't even a LINO like McCain is a RINO, he can garner media attention and really begin to build the Party. The purists need to really get over themselves.

redgar
05-27-2008, 12:51 PM
I was there at the so called convention. They really are a very small group of sore losers. It was worse than being at a star trek convention. They were complaining about how terrible the LP is for not being unified and electing Barr. Meanwhile one of their 6 or so members was wearing a Barr sticker, proving that consensus can never achieved.

Phillies showed up for the same reason that I did, just to see what was up. When asked if he would consider running he replied that he would have to think about it. He left fairly early. After Phillies left, the guy running the thing announced that Phillies had accepted the nomination. The entire table I was at knew that this was not what Phillies said. It was brought up thats not what we heard, but they could care less.

I ate my dinner as fast as I could, paid my bill, and got out of there as fast as I could.

Alex Libman
08-05-2008, 06:56 AM
Bump?

I guess this rumor was never substantiated...

NewFederalist
08-05-2008, 07:23 AM
Bump?

I guess this rumor was never substantiated...

Especially since the BTP nominated Charles Jay and Thomas Knapp!

FrankRep
08-05-2008, 07:26 AM
The Boston Tea Party?

How big is this party?