PDA

View Full Version : South America creates regional union

FrankRep
05-26-2008, 05:26 PM
South America creates regional union

AP

Brazil - A new South American union was born yesterday as leader's of the region's 12 nations set out to create a continental parliament.

Some see the new union of South American Nations, known as Unasur, as a regional version of the European Union. Summit host Brazil wants it to help coordinate defense affairs across S. America, and Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez calls it a counterweight to the U.S.

"The No. 1 enemy of the union of the south is the empire of the United States, Cavez said, saying that the U.S. is trying to generate wars in South America to divide and conquer.

Leaders were split over plans for a S. American Defense Council that would resolve conflicts, promote military cooperation and possibly coordinate joint weapons production.

Columbia is the only nation that opposes joining such a council, saying the terrorist threat it faces at home, amid 40 years of civil conflict, precludes military cooperation.

Full Story:
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hYwXUkXjzVHgHX9w0W0_F9zJe_DwD90RJB3O0

FrankRep
05-26-2008, 05:28 PM
Union of South American Nations

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_of_South_American_Nations

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cf/Flag_of_South_America.svg/125px-Flag_of_South_America.svg.png

voytechs
05-26-2008, 05:51 PM
Asia and N. America are the only ones left, but they are working on those too.

Give me liberty
05-26-2008, 09:17 PM
Coming up next in The DBUX

''The Birth of North american Union''

Now who's afraid of the NAU?

James Madison
05-26-2008, 09:49 PM
The NAU is almost ready to go. All we need is for the dollar to completely implode and the population will accept the amero or possibly going over to the euro. An Asian Union could arise under two very different scenarios. Either it will be done through stealth by expansion of trade deals like APEC. I think this is the more likely of the two. But China could become militaristic and begin a psuedo Blitzkrieg of the Asian states.

Fox McCloud
05-27-2008, 12:46 AM
The NAU is almost ready to go. All we need is for the dollar to completely implode and the population will accept the amero or possibly going over to the euro. An Asian Union could arise under two very different scenarios. Either it will be done through stealth by expansion of trade deals like APEC. I think this is the more likely of the two. But China could become militaristic and begin a psuedo Blitzkrieg of the Asian states.

agreed....also, if you noticed that the CAD and USD have been in near lockstep sine their values have been (relatively equal)....if the dollar crashes, and the CAD magically falls too....well, it'd be really easy to integrate the worthless Peso....the Mexican President seems to be chomping at the bit for it.

Asia? Who knows how it'll work out, but if it's militaristic, I don't think just China will be involved...Russia will be there as well.

eitehr way, once we have the African, European, South American, Asian, and North American Unions formed, you know what will be next (well, I'm not sure entirely, a North+South American Union seems a bit likely)...by then the UN will hold vast powers, and it'd likely only take one huge world war or crisis to hurdle all the nations together saying "we need one government to solve our problems!"

of course, if there's a big enough world crisis in the next year or so (or 10), the unions of North America and Asia (and the further building up of the African and South American unions) could just be abandoned, and the world rushes straight for world government...*shrug* who really knows?

Either way, my guess is that the NAU is the last battle....but that's just my opinion.

Deborah K
05-27-2008, 07:41 AM
Chavez is such an idiot. He played right into their hands....

FrankRep
05-30-2008, 02:57 PM
I'm going to bump this because this is huge and scary news. The mainstream media has said little about it.

freelance
05-30-2008, 03:02 PM
Let's SEE if the South American Union goes with a central bank--the same "type" of central bank that we have. If not, then it was developed for INTERNAL reasons, not to assimilate into the larger "program." Right now, they vow to use the union as an alternative to the IMF. Time will tell.