PDA

View Full Version : Sales numbers.

fatjohn
05-26-2008, 04:54 PM
Has anyone any idea of the amount of books that are already sold?

Alex Libman
05-26-2008, 05:19 PM
I'd like to know the same thing - not the ranking relative to other books, but total copies sold. (Same for the audio / PDF version.)

JoshLowry
05-29-2008, 03:03 PM
It is still number 5 on the NY Times Best Seller list for Non Fiction going on 4 weeks.

They must be pretty strong numbers.

NightOwl
05-29-2008, 03:11 PM
It is still number 5 on the NY Times Best Seller list for Non Fiction going on 4 weeks.

They must be pretty strong numbers.

Now five weeks, with the book at #5 two weeks in a row now (as of the June 8 list).

JoshLowry
05-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Now five weeks, with the book at #5 two weeks in a row now (as of the June 8 list).

All I saw was June 1st, where do you find their most recent lists?

NightOwl
05-29-2008, 03:31 PM
All I saw was June 1st, where do you find their most recent lists?

It should be posted online within a matter of days, but the list is made available to publishers two Wednesdays before it appears in the paper. So the new list came out yesterday, for June 8, and Lew Rockwell noted the #5 slot on his blog. I have a thread on this in the main Grassroots Central forum.

fatjohn
06-02-2008, 03:47 PM
But has anyone an estimate how many books you have to sell for a number five notation on the times? 20,000? 50,000? And what about number one? 100,000? 200,000? Anybody?

NightOwl
06-02-2008, 03:51 PM
But has anyone an estimate how many books you have to sell for a number five notation on the times? 20,000? 50,000? And what about number one? 100,000? 200,000? Anybody?

Barbara Walters sold 250,000 copies in her first week, and that made her number 1. As far as I know, slightly more than half that number of Ron Paul's book are currently in print. So he must have sold far fewer in order to hit #1.

Mahkato
06-02-2008, 04:01 PM
You can't use the sales rank to determine the number of books sold. Just like it's a lot easier to be #1 at the box office if you're not opening on the same weekend as a smash hit.

Original_Intent
06-02-2008, 04:08 PM
It sure isn't breaking records due to prominent product placement.

My Barnes and Nobel had it CLEAR in the back of the store,a nd was also sold out the first two times I went to get a copy. Finally I had them special order it for me and send me an email when it came in.

Raul08
06-05-2008, 11:54 AM
I found my copy at the Barnes and Nobles after searching the store for 2 hours. They had it placed in the very back of the store surrounded by huge coffee table books.

I was like wtf ?

erin moore
06-05-2008, 12:22 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=137035

I know.... I bought three more copies there yesterday just to get the in store slaes numbers up. It has nothing to do with NYT, bn online, nothing. Just the orders from the store and in-store sales. It SUCKS. (plus you can get 40% off if they ever put it on the best seller shelf)

I know the conspiracy thing grows old but why the hell wouldn't BN want some of this action? I give them another couple weeks and then I'm writing them off period. Fox news style. To me it's censorship. Yes, I know they're still carrying the book (a whopping 4 of them in my store) but it speaks volumes that they won't treat it fairly (and get the huge financial gain that would come from it).

I know that two of his book signings (the ones in Kentucky) were at Borders.

NightOwl
06-05-2008, 01:46 PM
I found my copy at the Barnes and Nobles after searching the store for 2 hours. They had it placed in the very back of the store surrounded by huge coffee table books.

I was like wtf ?

Can you tell me exactly which B&N this was?

NightOwl
06-05-2008, 01:47 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=137035

I know.... I bought three more copies there yesterday just to get the in store slaes numbers up. It has nothing to do with NYT, bn online, nothing. Just the orders from the store and in-store sales. It SUCKS. (plus you can get 40% off if they ever put it on the best seller shelf)

I know that two of his book signings (the ones in Kentucky) were at Borders.

Which B&N is this?

Andrew-Austin
06-06-2008, 11:55 AM
It was very hard to locate at my Barnes and Nobles.. Well I didn't even find it, an employee did.

Thought it would be in the politics or philosphy section..

NightOwl
06-06-2008, 01:05 PM
It was very hard to locate at my Barnes and Nobles.. Well I didn't even find it, an employee did.

Thought it would be in the politics or philosphy section..

Are you in Austin, TX? I'm trying to figure out which stores this is happening in. Some B&N stores have the book at the front.