PDA

View Full Version : Barr gets Libertarian nod, but where is Paul?

Bradley in DC
05-26-2008, 03:56 PM
http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/0508/Barr_gets_Libertarian_nod_but_where_is_Paul.html

Barr gets Libertarian nod, but where is Paul?

After six rounds of balloting at their convention in Denver.

The key take-away as it relates to his impact this November:

Barr said he expects the party to be on the ballot in at least 48 states and perhaps all 50 if the party can qualify in West Virginia and Oklahoma. Barr said he also expects to be invited to the national political debates by qualifying with poll support of 15 percent or more of registered voters.
I'm skeptical about the latter, but his presence on the ballot could certainly have an impact if he's able to get enough earned media to get his message out. Key to Barr's campaign, though, is another Libertarian: Ron Paul.

Paul's cult-hero status has not diminished and his youthful followers -- many of them energized out of opposition to the war and apathetic about the Texas congressman's other, non-cannabis-related Libertarian views -- won't abandon their guy for an unknown.

And in my conversation with Paul last month, he showed little enthusiasm for Barr.

Without Paul's passionate legions, Barr would have a difficult time attracting grass-roots and financial support.

In other words, if Paul stays on the sidelines and does not get behind Barr, the Libertarian nominee could be as much of a non-factor this year as in every other recent presidential cycle.

By Jonathan Martin 12:29 PM

brandon
05-26-2008, 04:01 PM
I bet Paul would speak highly of Ruwart. I expect him to remain silent on Barr though

revolutionary8
05-26-2008, 04:01 PM
Tell your folks that Ron Paul is a Republican and he running for President Bradley. I don't understand why they would want a Conservative Republican around anyway. :cool:

MRoCkEd
05-26-2008, 04:03 PM
I like that ron paul is not endorsing anybody

ARealConservative
05-26-2008, 04:06 PM
I bet Paul would speak highly of Ruwart. I expect him to remain silent on Barr though

In Dr. Paul's new book:

"Today, few Republicans in public life have been courageous or principled enough to speak out against a clear abuse of power. (Among them are Bruce Fein.....,and former Congressman Bob Barr)"

Bradley in DC
05-26-2008, 04:07 PM

I think he would speak highly of Ruwart, yes, but I DON'T expect him to be silent on Barr--he's already not only spoken highly but said he expects his supporters to go to Barr (and Baldwin); ergo he couldn't "remain" silent if he's already pushing him. ;)

crazyfingers
05-26-2008, 04:08 PM
In Dr. Paul's new book:

"Today, few Republicans in public life have been courageous or principled enough to speak out against a clear abuse of power. (Among them are Bruce Fein.....,and former Congressman Bob Barr)"

Bob Barr certainly knows something about the abuse of power, that's for sure.

brandon
05-26-2008, 04:12 PM

lol :D

ARealConservative
05-26-2008, 04:15 PM

why waste your time shepherding the jumpers?

We already know the building is on fire - we are jumping.

go round up the non jumpers and let us jump out where ever we find an opening because I'm not sure how much time we have left to jump anyway.

And when I do jump, I'm positive someone is going to pull me back in the burning building anyway. I might need to jump several times to get out and your getting in my way telling me to jump over there is a real annoyance, I already jumped over there!

truth be told, I'm starting to wonder if anybody gets out anyway. Maybe the pursuit of jumping out is is as good as it gets. :D