PDA

View Full Version : GOP should have welcomed Ron Paul - McCain Campaign falling apart

airborne373
05-26-2008, 01:15 PM
McCain is in trouble seems he had to cancel a Bush - McCain fund raiser, due to a severe lack of interest.

AND

McCain plans to legalize and give amnesty to 23 million illegals and open the borders if he takes office.

Read here:

www.DailyNewscaster.com

TruthisTreason
05-26-2008, 01:36 PM
Didn't they downsize the venue last week?

AJ Antimony
05-26-2008, 01:39 PM
Yeah he's in deep shit

ronpaulhawaii
05-26-2008, 01:39 PM
According Fox News (http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/05/24/mccain-fundraiser-moved-amid-protest-threats/), the fund raiser had to be moved amid protest threats.

Fox News Sucks!

angelatc
05-26-2008, 01:44 PM
How in the world did this man get our nomination?

OptionsTrader
05-26-2008, 01:45 PM

He hasn't been nominated, technically.

surf
05-26-2008, 02:08 PM
don't forget, guys, the "polls" still somehow show him in a"dead-heat" w/Obama - and i can see the McWar campaign playing the "terror," "fear," and perpetual war campaign in such a way that the D nominee will not even bother to mention downsizing the empire.

hope i'm wrong and McWar caves to logic and reality (and PEACE) instead :)

kombayn
05-26-2008, 02:19 PM
^Are you insane? Once McCain picks Lieberman as his VP choice, he'll be finished. McCain is an idiot, why would you associate your campaign with George W. Bush? Obama talks about Change and it strikes a chord with the American People. McCain talks about... More War?

He can't even lie like Obama? McCain will get squashed, not it's time to move our focus getting the LP 5% of the National Vote and the CP 1% of the National Vote, then hopefully convince some Obama-fanatics to give Nader & McKinney at least 1% of the vote combined to show a strong American disillusionment with the 2-party system. If the 3rd parties combine to get 10% of the National Vote, that's a great sign for the movement.

After the RNC, I'm ready to help anyway possible to get PaulForCongress.com a reality. To vote for the Libertarian Party this election as a protest vote to the 2 party system and really work with any activist groups to really start a change in policies.

princessredtights
05-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Personally, I think the GOP leadership would rather let the party die than welcome RP and his supporters and get back to the foundations of the party.

(just the way I see it!)

kigol
05-26-2008, 02:32 PM
:(

tomveil
05-26-2008, 02:32 PM
Personally, I think the GOP leadership would rather let the party die than welcome RP and his supporters and get back to the foundations of the party.

(just the way I see it!)

*ding*

We have a winner. They'd rather lose this one election and keep the government growing than anything else.

surf
05-26-2008, 02:34 PM
am i insane?

i just remember figuring McCain had been mercifully eliminated w/in the past 6-months, and now he's "presumptive." he had guys bailing on him before. this McCain dude just won't go away. even if he loses we'll still see him walking through Baghdad markets or poinitng fingers at Myles Brand (NCAA head) if Arizona or ASU get left out of the BCS title game.

he's like an unpleasant oder that fabreze can't help.

just sayin' - much as we'd all like to (assuming he doesn't transform quickly), don't put a stake in him yet.

UtahApocalypse
05-26-2008, 02:36 PM

(just the way I see it!)

I also think the Neo-Cons are giving up on the GOP. They are moving on now to the LP, they want to build up that party and then destroy it from the inside just like they did with the GOP.

SLSteven
05-26-2008, 02:41 PM

(just the way I see it!)

Lets hope they don't get their wishes

nc4rp
05-26-2008, 06:57 PM

he didnt.

Cowlesy
05-26-2008, 07:00 PM
^Are you insane? Once McCain picks Lieberman as his VP choice, he'll be finished.

Oh good grief don't even think that. That will be the epitome of party suicide.

gerryb
05-26-2008, 07:31 PM
Oh good grief don't even think that. That will be the epitome of party suicide.

This would be the best thing McCain could do, maybe it would wake a few more people up. Right now "Conservatives" will vote for McCain as the lesser of two evils. If Lieberman, Feingold, or Kennedy were on the ticket it would be amazing for us.

gerryb
05-26-2008, 07:36 PM
I also think the Neo-Cons are giving up on the GOP. They are moving on now to the LP, they want to build up that party and then destroy it from the inside just like they did with the GOP.

They aren't giving up on the GOP. They will just insure there is no other alternative.

Imperial
05-26-2008, 07:47 PM
Sorry, this doesn't mean he will lose.

America's mindset has become outrageously eroded to something simple.

They think the only things they can decide on in an election are this:

Conservatives-Republicans think that Obama will let Muslims with bombs into the country every day, bring about universal healthcare, and raise taxes. They think a No vote for mccain = yes vote for obama.

Democrats think that any Republican, including mccain, wants to make war with the world, let america rot while he attacks everyone else, and won't help the average american. Which, extremely generally speaking is true. However, they think Obama can save them for all their problems.

So, basically, we have that decision most americans will make.

Unfortunately, they won't see the big picture. It will take a total overhaul of the GOP to do that.

fr33domfightr
05-26-2008, 08:07 PM
And then we have us, screaming at the top of our lungs, HEY YOU, AMERICA, YOU HAVE A CHOICE, IT'S WITH THE LP PARTY, COME ON OVER!!!

FF

dirknb@hotmail.com
05-26-2008, 08:16 PM

(just the way I see it!)

The same people control both major parties. It's win-win for them.