PDA

View Full Version : Paul backers to make their voices heard at Washington Republican Convention

speech
05-26-2008, 02:18 AM
SPOKANE — Hundreds of Washington Republicans will arrive in Spokane this week with their party's presidential candidate all but chosen. Arizona Sen. John McCain has only to await the national convention in September, where he's assured of enough delegates to become the official nominee.

But a substantial portion of the delegates to the Washington state convention perhaps as many as 40 percent, according to some estimates will be backing another candidate and looking to make their preference known at that national gathering.

Supporters of U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, of Texas, who is still nominally in the race, will control enough votes to claim delegates to the national nominating convention and perhaps make changes in the state platform.

In pockets around the state, Paul's supporters, some of whom are political novices, worked the arcane caucus system hard enough to control county conventions and legislative district meetings. Nowhere was that more evident than in Spokane County, which will send 114 delegates to the state convention. Of those, 106 are Paul supporters.
http://ronpaulforum.info/index.php?topic=309.new#new

OptionsTrader
05-26-2008, 02:21 AM
I love people from Washington state.

RonPaulGuyEastWA
05-26-2008, 02:28 AM
I love people from Washington state.

I think Paul delegates will make quite a splash at our state convention. See you all on Thursday-Saturday!

A Ron Paul Rebel
05-26-2008, 06:42 AM
be ready to rump!!!

speciallyblend
05-26-2008, 08:50 AM
GOOD LUCK, we will be in broomfield colorado this weekend for our convention..

grizzums
05-26-2008, 09:12 AM
I think Paul delegates will make quite a splash at our state convention. See you all on Thursday-Saturday!

Indeed....we certainly will. ;)

SLSteven
05-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Good Luck Washingtonians!

Feelgood
05-26-2008, 01:19 PM
Posts like this, just give me goose pimples... :D

Nate SY
05-26-2008, 01:22 PM
Kiro 7 just had a really similar article on tv.

tomveil
05-26-2008, 02:17 PM
:D Great news! I'll see you guys there!

surf
05-26-2008, 02:18 PM
i'm not a delegate but i'm taking one to Spokane on Thursday. pretty sure we'll see fellow freedom-fighters on I-90.

Looking forward to hanging out with the cool people in Spokane Thursday night - just wish i could be hanging out on the convention floor.

from what i hear, our delegates are ready to go - from organizing cheaper box-lunches and water, along with a bunch of other stuff. and, for the most part, the republicans don't seem to be that hostile, at least not yet. They've generally followed the rules in the meetings i've attended so far.

Jean
05-26-2008, 03:01 PM
I am not a delegate either but I will also be there to do what I can! See you there! It is going to be fun! I will be posting signs all along the way to Spokane! :D

devil21
05-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Rule #1: Replace the chairman.

nc4rp
05-26-2008, 06:52 PM
http://a818.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/115/l_409398087f24f77c82827fa9d459b891.jpg

Im movin to Washington.

North Carolina is a bunch of retards (not counting Ron Paul supporters)

Cowlesy
05-26-2008, 07:16 PM
Stand up for us Americans across the country who believe what you do, Washington State Delegates!

Eric21ND
05-26-2008, 07:51 PM
Bring a bullhorn and flashlights...never trust the GOP snakes.

torchbearer
05-26-2008, 07:56 PM
I torn between Montana and Washington right now....
Maybe even Nevada..or Missouri... or maybe just stay here in Louisiana.

RonPaulGuyEastWA
05-26-2008, 09:06 PM
I torn between Montana and Washington right now....
Maybe even Nevada..or Missouri... or maybe just stay here in Louisiana.

Washington is really two seperate places. West of the cascades (Seattle) they get a lot more rain and have green trees everywhere - it's also where the hard-core liberals live. East of the cascades is dry(er) and a lot of the landscape is brown fields. Most folks in Eastern WA are more conservative and are big on property rights, personal liberty, etc. I you move to Vancouver, WA or surrounding areas and work in Washington you can avoid a state income tax and then make all major purchases just across the border in Oregon sales-tax free.

RonPaulGuyEastWA
05-26-2008, 09:08 PM
Bring a bullhorn and flashlights...never trust the GOP snakes.

Any ideas where I could get a bullhorn locally? That's a great contingency plan.

Knightskye
05-26-2008, 09:38 PM
Here's the actual source of the article:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004437950_webpaulgop25.html

I copied and pasted part of the snippet posted here and googled it, and the first thing that popped up was the forums. The next five or six were other forums, or sites where AP articles pop up.

Anyway, it's a Seattle Times article, and I think it's great (what they wrote about - not necessarily the article itself). :D

nate895
05-26-2008, 10:05 PM
Washington is really two seperate places. West of the cascades (Seattle) they get a lot more rain and have green trees everywhere - it's also where the hard-core liberals live. East of the cascades is dry(er) and a lot of the landscape is brown fields. Most folks in Eastern WA are more conservative and are big on property rights, personal liberty, etc. I you move to Vancouver, WA or surrounding areas and work in Washington you can avoid a state income tax and then make all major purchases just across the border in Oregon sales-tax free.

That's one of the few things I like about this state. I personally don't like living here too much and wouldn't advise others move here unless you want to be depressed out of your mind (especially if you used to live somewhere where the sun shines once in a while). Although, I can't wait for the state convention starting Friday.

Pauls' Revere
05-26-2008, 10:21 PM
Who that is I dont know or how they come up with that but way cool.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/364600_gop26.html?source=rss
:D

RonPaulGuyEastWA
05-26-2008, 11:08 PM
That's one of the few things I like about this state. I personally don't like living here too much and wouldn't advise others move here unless you want to be depressed out of your mind (especially if you used to live somewhere where the sun shines once in a while). Although, I can't wait for the state convention starting Friday.

Move to the East side where we get 300+ days of sunshine each year. Even John McCain agrees more sunshine is good. :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUZwL9GPcNw
McCain: "We'd like to see more shunshine." Funny stuff.

Washington convention is going to be awesome!

tomveil
05-27-2008, 12:23 AM

Agree! Clark County (where Vancouver is the largest city) got 73 of 86 Ron Paul delegates, and we've got our own RPR running for congress!

www.delavarforcongress.com

Don't let the news fool you, the weather here is the best in the country for 6 months out of the year. The other 6, you better like rain :)

filmmaker58
05-27-2008, 12:55 AM
Be ready. We were kicking their asses in nevada and they walked out (taking the quorum)rather than give us delegates. Good luck to you guys.