PDA

View Full Version : Do you support the new mass moves from the main forum?

njandrewg
08-24-2007, 12:56 AM
Granted very few people will vote...because very few people check other subforums besides the main one.

jpa
08-24-2007, 12:57 AM
yes. I hate all the garbage in the news section.

And you didnt make this post a poll

njandrewg
08-24-2007, 12:58 AM
yes. I hate all the garbage in the news section.

And you didnt make this post a poll
when you try to make a poll...it posts your original thread and then you are given the screen where you can put the poll info

SeanEdwards
08-24-2007, 01:01 AM
You should try and get a job with Zogby. It seems you have already mastered the art of crafting a bogus manipulative poll.

njandrewg
08-24-2007, 01:02 AM
You should try and get a job with Zogby. It seems you have already mastered the art of crafting a bogus manipulative poll.
no sense in reinventing the wheel...biased poll questions work

foofighter20x
08-24-2007, 01:03 AM
lol.

what a nice biased poll. anyone wonder why Dr Paul polls so low nationally? you're seeing take place right here at the top of the page.

Brasil Branco
08-24-2007, 01:05 AM
Guys... THERE ARE WAY TOO MANY THREADS.

I went to sleep, woke up, and found that even with the mass moves- a thread I resaponded to was on page 4-5.

njandrewg
08-24-2007, 01:10 AM
you "yes" supporters are spamming the polls! Making different user accounts, hackers...all of you. No wins by default.

Revolution9
08-24-2007, 07:47 AM
lol.

what a nice biased poll. anyone wonder why Dr Paul polls so low nationally? you're seeing take place right here at the top of the page.

Take the blame yourself.. And here you are yet agan making scurrilous and baragrugous commentary that is entirely unnecesary from a moderator and sure to cause consternation. ike this poll on ths forum causes RP's national numbers to do anything.. You are whacked out on a power trip if you believe that. How does causng consternation moderate a forum? It doesn't it just divides it further. I hope you like the heat and bad attitude towards you you are generating under your own steam. All you have to do is stop trolling and take your role as moderator l both less and more seriously.. That is probably a puzzling statement to you but if you study it you will get the drift.

Randy

Mom4Ron
08-24-2007, 08:12 AM
I don't know if there's some specific threads that people are upset about getting moved, or just any getting moved in general, but I'll say that I've wished that people would take more time to categorize their new threads appropriately.

I understand that one particular forum is the more active forum but, improperly categorizing our threads is not only inconsiderate to the host, but also to our fellow forumites. Is it possible that if we all had been more selective from the beginning with regard to how responsibly we categorized our own threads, then the other forums might have gotten more use?

As to the moderating language and behavior, so long as it's not arbitrarily enforced, I don't see the problem with it. We should be moderating ourselves anyway. We are, after all, in public and guests on another's property - so to speak. Shouldn't we conduct ourselves in a way that reflects positively on the campaign and Ron Paul, in a way that reflects well that we understand that with much freedom comes much responsibility, in a way that exemplifies our respect for property rights (by respecting the rights of the owner of this forum to regulate it as he sees fit)?

We can be as vulgar as we want to be when we're alone with those close to us, but when we're in public or otherwise mixed company, it's just considerate to show some decorum. Does freedom mean that we must throw common courtesy out the window? Are we so eager to "not be pc" that we feel the need to be inconsiderate on general principle?

kylejack
08-24-2007, 08:21 AM
G O F O O G O

Bradley in DC
08-24-2007, 08:27 AM
I did want to urge everyone to follow Josh's advice from May:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22

+ Off-topic posts - Posts that do not relate to the threads intent are subject to being deleted.

+ Topics posted in the wrong sub-forum are subject to being moved or deleted. Please understand the sub-forum division before starting a new topic. Suggestions for new sub-forums are always welcome. Reason: Leads to most effective use of users resources.

--------------------------
Perhaps it would be cleaner if threads in the wrong place were simply deleted instead of the light hand of the moderators only moving them to the right place? :confused:

Bradley in DC
08-24-2007, 08:29 AM
Take the blame yourself.. And here you are yet agan making scurrilous and baragrugous commentary that is entirely unnecesary from a moderator and sure to cause consternation. ike this poll on ths forum causes RP's national numbers to do anything.. You are whacked out on a power trip if you believe that. How does causng consternation moderate a forum? It doesn't it just divides it further. I hope you like the heat and bad attitude towards you you are generating under your own steam. All you have to do is stop trolling and take your role as moderator l both less and more seriously.. That is probably a puzzling statement to you but if you study it you will get the drift.

Randy

Randy, seriously? You think the wording of the poll on this thread is fairly worded without bias? And please, stop the personal attacks per Josh and Bryan's rules.

Nefertiti
08-24-2007, 08:32 AM
Mom-Good post. The responsibility part of freedom is one that is not emphasized enough.

Wendi
08-24-2007, 08:33 AM
Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street....

ThePieSwindler
08-24-2007, 08:34 AM
talk about a poll with biased wording... christ people

Nefertiti
08-24-2007, 08:43 AM
On Sesame Street you see much more respectful behavior.

Having been on the internet since 1994 I have noticed something. It's important for the moderators to set the tone early on. By that I mean if you have zero tolerance for disrespectful behavior from the beginning, the forum will only attract those who are willing to engage in respectful dialog with one another. The forum will be full of respectful behavior, and newcomers will see that and either engage in respectful behavior or go elsewhere. A forum like this is very easy to moderate because troublemakers don't even bother with it. I have been running my own forums for more than 2 years and I have only had to delete posts for disrespectful behavior once every 6 months or so. A respectful forum is self-sustaining.

But if even a little disrespectful behavior is tolerated, it will give an opening to all the others who wish to engage in disrespectful behavior. This kind of behavior will snowball and it will be hard to put a stop to it because there will be so many people upset about what others have said to them in the past that the fighting will continue simply because of previously hurt feelings. Others who don't wish to engage in the negative environment will leave.

I think the moderators here have only one choice, come down hard now on this kind of behavior immediately before it is too late. Respect for one another will lead to the kind of cooperation that we need to get Ron Paul elected. Warnings, temporary bans, and selective censure is not going to help-it will only breed more ill will because it will make people think that favorites and bias are coming into play. There needs to be a policy of zero tolerance no matter the source.

Revolution9
08-24-2007, 09:04 AM
I don't know if there's some specific threads that people are upset about getting moved, or just any getting moved in general, but I'll say that I've wished that people would take more time to categorize their new threads appropriately.

I understand that one particular forum is the more active forum but, improperly categorizing our threads is not only inconsiderate to the host, but also to our fellow forumites. Is it possible that if we all had been more selective from the beginning with regard to how responsibly we categorized our own threads, then the other forums might have gotten more use?

As to the moderating language and behavior, so long as it's not arbitrarily enforced, I don't see the problem with it. We should be moderating ourselves anyway. We are, after all, in public and guests on another's property - so to speak. Shouldn't we conduct ourselves in a way that reflects positively on the campaign and Ron Paul, in a way that reflects well that we understand that with much freedom comes much responsibility, in a way that exemplifies our respect for property rights (by respecting the rights of the owner of this forum to regulate it as he sees fit)?

We can be as vulgar as we want to be when we're alone with those close to us, but when we're in public or otherwise mixed company, it's just considerate to show some decorum. Does freedom mean that we must throw common courtesy out the window? Are we so eager to "not be pc" that we feel the need to be inconsiderate on general principle?

Spoken like a true mom:) heh..I will bet your children are well behaved with good manners.

I admit to getting out of hand when being dowsed with negative crap and subjected to arbitrary decisions which make NO sense.. My skin is only one foot thick though.. I probably need three foot thick skin to handle the throwabouts around here.:cool:

Best
Randy

Nefertiti
08-24-2007, 09:22 AM
Randy-Read the forum guidelines. These aren't arbitrary decisions:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22

What doesn't make sense is they weren't enforcing things from the outset. It would have prevented this turmoil. But better late than never in my opinion.

DAZ
08-24-2007, 09:46 AM
First off, the way you asked the question is ridiculous. As far as moving threads goes, perhaps it was taken too far, but overall I support it. I don't consider the News/Discussion section the "main forum". Never have. The absurd number of threads (and stickies IMO) in the News section really bugged me. How hard is it to take two seconds to think about where a topic actually belongs? What's done is done. I'm leaving town in a few hours for the weekend. Hopefully when I get back, cooler heads will have prevailed. Please don't let petty differences stand in the way of the bigger picture. This is Ron Paul's campaign, not mine, or Josh's, or Bradley's, or SL's, or Randy's. Act like adults people.