PDA

View Full Version : What states are the Constitution and Libertarian Party Candidates On?

american.swan
05-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Can we make a list showing which states will have which parties on the ballot?

Not every state will be able to vote for the constitution party.
Lousy ballot access.

My plan if I was running a third party would be just to try to win the 11 most popular states because it's way too expensive to go after them all.

ARealConservative
05-25-2008, 08:37 PM
Can we make a list showing which states will have which parties on the ballot?

Not every state will be able to vote for the constitution party.
Lousy ballot access.

My plan if I was running a third party would be just to try to win the 11 most popular states because it's way too expensive to go after them all.

It would all be conjecture as ballot access isn't decided yet.

edit - I suspect the GOP will fight harder then ever this year to oppose the Libertarians.

Bradley in DC
05-25-2008, 09:13 PM
It would all be conjecture as ballot access isn't decided yet.

The stories are different in each state.

Bradley in DC
05-25-2008, 09:19 PM
I'm not sure if this is COMPLETELY updated, but this is what I have:

LP on AL, AR, AK, CA, CO, DE, FL, GE, HI, ID, IN, KS, LA, MD, MI, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, NC, ND, disputed in OH, OR, SC, TN in court, TX, UT, VT, WI, WY (28 states)

CP on AL, AR, CA, CO, DE, FL, HI, ID, MI, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, OH, OR, SC, SD, TN in court, UT, VT (19 states)

The Greens are on in 22 states and Nader in a few.

I think the LP got on an additional state since this list.

Don Wills
05-25-2008, 09:55 PM
The LP will have ballot access in all states except probably not Oklahoma and maybe not West Virginia.

Bradley in DC
05-25-2008, 10:12 PM
Not looking good for the CP

http://www.ballot-access.org/2008/05/20/constitution-party-gives-up-on-wyoming-party-petition-will-do-independent-petition-instead/

Constitution Party Gives Up on Wyoming Party Petition, Will Do Independent Petition Instead
May 20th, 2008
Wyoming requires a petition of 2% of the last US House vote, for a new party to get on the ballot. The Constitution Party has never completed this petition, but it had hoped to do so this year. However, the deadline is June 1, and the party is far from having the needed 3,868 valid signatures. Wyoming has the smallest population of any state. No group has done the party petition since 2000.

The Libertarian Party last did the party petition in Wyoming in 1994, and ever since then has always polled enough votes to remain on automatically. The Green Party has never been on the Wyoming ballot, nor has any Green ever qualified in Wyoming as an independent, for president or any partisan office.

The Constitution Party expects to complete the independent candidate petition for its presidential candidate, Chuck Baldwin. It requires just as many signatures, but is not due until August 25.